Drinks cards/wine packages combined, for 4 star mariners

ON cruiser

Hi all, for all those more experienced with the drink cards, I have a few questions. For some time I have ignored the drink cards, just paying for cocktails in the traditional way by signing. Same thing re wine package purchases--sign to room. As a 4-star mariner, we get 50% off the wine package anyway, so not a bad deal at all to buy the 7 bottle Admirals package.

Friends told us, however, that they buy the large drink card (I think it is face value of $250 but charged to them for $225, so a nice saving) and then they were able to charge all liquor purchases, including the wine package, to that card.

I wonder if I could do that on an upcoming cruise: buy the card and enjoy that discount, then buy the wine package, get the 50% off for 4 star mariners, and still charge the reduced cost of the wine package to the drink card.

If it is way too complex, which is how it sounds, then as I am on holidays it may not be worth it. But if it can be legitimately done, then why not?

Any practical suggestions gratefully received, thanks,

Ont cruiser.

Hi all, for all those more experienced with the drink cards, I have a few questions. For some time I have ignored the drink cards, just paying for cocktails in the traditional way by signing. Same thing re wine package purchases--sign to room. As a 4-star mariner, we get 50% off the wine package anyway, so not a bad deal at all to buy the 7 bottle Admirals package.

Friends told us, however, that they buy the large drink card (I think it is face value of $250 but charged to them for $225, so a nice saving) and then they were able to charge all liquor purchases, including the wine package, to that card.

I wonder if I could do that on an upcoming cruise: buy the card and enjoy that discount, then buy the wine package, get the 50% off for 4 star mariners, and still charge the reduced cost of the wine package to the drink card.

If it is way too complex, which is how it sounds, then as I am on holidays it may not be worth it. But if it can be legitimately done, then why not?

Any practical suggestions gratefully received, thanks,

Ont cruiser.

I have been told on the boards that you cannot combine the discounts. I am 4* and was thinking of buying the larger card too. Since the drink cards are hooked to your room, I'm wondering if the discount shouldn't apply? We sail on the Maasdam in a few days. I plan to ask one of our wine stewards. If I can use it, it will save a lot of receipts. I'll post if I can.

I have been told on the boards that you cannot combine the discounts. I am 4* and was thinking of buying the larger card too. Since the drink cards are hooked to your room, I'm wondering if the discount shouldn't apply? We sail on the Maasdam in a few days. I plan to ask one of our wine stewards. If I can use it, it will save a lot of receipts. I'll post if I can.

Jacqui, enjoy your cruise on the Maasdam! :)

I have been told on the boards that you cannot combine the discounts.
That's correct - you can get the 10% discount by using the large beverage card OR the 4* discount by charging to your key card, but you can't get both discounts. :(:p

Archived