Cabin for 5

snorkler8

Could you possibly drive to the port instead of fly?? Personally, I'd prefer a loooong drive over putting 5 adults in a cabin!

Good luck!!! I hope you get a good price on whichever you decide!

26 hour drive...we would have already killed each other before we got to the port lol We will just wait on the airfare. Spring break may be a stay home vacation. We won't die :)

IMHO you're really asking for more hassle than it's worth. Get a good PVP to find you 2 adjoining ( with doorway between them) inside cabins. If cheap is what you want the Riviera deck is the cheapest inside and the difference by adding the 3rd 4th & 5th person to ONE cabin isn't that much different than 2 adjoining. Remember 1 Bathroom for 5 people is REALLY a hassle, never enough towels, 1 TV for you and your kids, not enough closet space.... I could go on but, you want to enjoy the cruise not dread having to go back to the room. The cabins with connecting doors will give you control and peace of mind over your kids as well!

I booked really far out (Christmas) and wanted a balcony for the four of us. After days of pouring over the website I finally realized that it was cheaper to do two adjoining rooms then 1 for the four of us. This was an obstructed view booked 11 months out though...but something to think about...

Please...for everyone's sanity...get two cabins. I can promise you it won't be that much more, if anything it will be cheaper. This is a vacation and I can't imagine how 5 people in an inside cabin would be much fun for anyone involved. I know I couldn't do it.

We went on a 6 night cruise last summer with 5 of us in an inside cabin...our 3 kids are teenagers. It was a little tight, but fine. We did not spend much time at all in our cabin. I loved saving all that money!!! This is what we did to help maximize our space:

1. Bring an over the door shoe holder to put on the bathroom door, to hold all of your toiletries.

2. Unpack all of your clothes and put the empty suitcases under the beds.

3. We had 5 drawers in our cabin, so each person had one drawer for socks and underwear. All of the rest of the clothes were hung up or folded and put in the closets. Also, bring a collapsible laundry hamper to put inside one closet for dirty laundry.

4. Bring an extra electric strip so you have enough outlets to charge things, use a hairdryers, etc.

5. Keep everything tidy inside the cabin. If you do this, you will be fine with 5. Believe me, it's much more comfortable than sleeping in a tent together, so if you have ever done that, then 5 in an inside cabin is a piece of cake!

We are about ready to book a cabin on Triumph. We have never been on Carnival so I am not familiar with the cabin sizes but have heard they are bigger than most. So my question is (and please tell me if you think I am nuts lol) we will have DH, myself and three sons, ages 19, 15 and 13. Are we going to kill each other? We will do an inside cabin as we only plan to sleep there, would rather spend the extra money on fun than a window or balcony.

Any info/opinion would be greatly appreciated!

We have done it with 3 adults (2 parents, grandparent) and two children on several occasions. Like you said you only sleep there. Also, if you need to hurry with the showers some of you could also go to the spa. I know alot of people on here think people are crazy but we would rather spend the extra money on excursions and such.

We are doing five in an oceanview cabin on the Destiny in July. It will be my DH and my three boys (13, 10, and 6). We couldn't pass up that price. Plus, in a few short years when they are off on their own, I will be wishing we were all crammed together again. Have fun!!

I have done 5 in a cabin 3 times and all went well. Most of the time the people I travel with don't have a lot of money and it makes it where they can cruise. I also have a motorhome so I'm use to small rooms. When we tailgate football game we have them sleeping everywhere.

73x29?? Want to stay in that cabin!! LOL

Personally having seen an inside set up for four, I would never try it with five. But we do enjoy time relaxing in our cabin. We just had 5 in 2 connecting cabins and it was perfect.

73" X 29" is the size of the trundle bed (in inches). He was just pointing out what little free space will be available with 5 PAX.

Archived