Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale?

lmsjt915

I spent a month trying to decide where to stay in Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise and finally booked the Crowne Plaza near Port Everglades. I booked thru bookit.com (which made me a bit nervous) and got a pretty decent deal. Has anyone else ever stayed here before a cruise? Pros/Cons, things I should know about the area? Thanks.

We've stayed there the last two times we have left out of Fort Lauderdale (last time was our New Year's Oasis cruise). The hotel is very nice, very modern. It's got a nice rooftop pool area and the restaurant/bar is good, but a little on the pricy side. You can't beat the proximity to the port, you can be out the parking garage and to your ship in 5 minutes. It's also quite close to the airport, if you're flying in.

You are not allowed to even if you wanted to. I would say it is about 1 mile from entrance to ship locale. (maybe a little less). You have to enter a gated man post...show your ID and then they let you through.

Ohh i see. that makes sense.

Royal, have a good time on your upcoming cruise. I leave tomorrow morning for the Navigator out of FLL. Going down a day early, staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 and right after checking in will head over via the water taxi to Shooters to check out 6 of my cruisemates for drinks. Bob:)

Royal, have a good time on your upcoming cruise. I leave tomorrow morning for the Navigator out of FLL. Going down a day early, staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 and right after checking in will head over via the water taxi to Shooters to check out 6 of my cruisemates for drinks. Bob:)

Have a wonderful cruise.

They charge to get you to the port when it is across the street which I feel is a rip off. The cost is quite too. For these reasons I would not stay there close or not. Also being where it is, there is not a lot to do there.

Embassy Suites and Renaissance also charge for shuttles, and they are similar distances from the port as well. The lack of restaurants in the immediate area would be more of a reason to not stay there. However, for those who rent cars for their stays, Hertz is in the hotel, and they do shuttle to the port free.

I hope you had a really fun day!

I have always stayed at the Renaissance. This time I'm flying in in the evening so I derided to try the Crown Plaza. I thought I got a great price on Bookit.com($130 cheaper than the Ren) and they have a free airport shuttle. I'm glad they have a restaurant and it is easy to jump in a cab to the port. That's what I always had to do at the Ren(in addition to taking a cab to the hotel from the airport.) I'm sure it will be just fine.

OP when is your cruise?

I have always stayed at the Renaissance. This time I'm flying in in the evening so I derided to try the Crown Plaza. I thought I got a great price on Bookit.com($130 cheaper than the Ren) and they have a free airport shuttle. I'm glad they have a restaurant and it is easy to jump in a cab to the port. That's what I always had to do at the Ren(in addition to taking a cab to the hotel from the airport.) I'm sure it will be just fine.

OP when is your cruise?

our cruise is March 22nd. A 4 nighter :) I cancelled with the Crowne and saved a lot more $$ booking with Hyatt Place. I hope its decent there, I got a great deal thru hotwire.

Also booked with Hyatt Pier 66 through hotwire for $127/nt for when we get back. Such a great deal!

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in January and would easily book the same hotel again. The room, outdoor pool area, staff and location were all very good. We did a short taxi ride ($5) to the Harborshops mall to visit Total Wine......

Short taxi ride to the ship in the morning and we were good to go.

I booked it on LMT for an excellent price ($85) and hope that the next time we need a hotel I can find it for that kind of price.

I wrote a review on this hotel in this forum. We absolutely loved the convenience.

You cannot stay any closer to the port and the hotel +staff are wonderful.

I got a rental for $20 a day from Hotwire (at Enterprise right at the port entrance, walking distance from the hotel) and went shopping/dining. Can't beat that!

Next time I would absolutely stay there again!

Archived