Mad at my TA

cbabe

Yes I'm mad at my TA. The price in my cabin cat. dropped $100pp. I called her right away. She did not return my call. I called again this morning. She was not in until 1pm. Now by the time she does get back to me. My cabin cat. gtee suite. is no longer showing on the carnival site! There goes $200 credit, and all she can say is "sorry". Is there anything I can do??

Mad in Philly,:mad:

Vivian

The only thing you can do is next time either try to get someone else in the office to help you OR find another travel agent for the next trip.

Could it have been that she didn't return your call because she didn't want to give up the commission on the $200??

Something similiar came up not long ago.

At that time, I asked my son's friend (who owns a travel agency) about it. She said anybody in her office can pull a client's file and take care of anything at any time.

I think you need a new TA.

Thanks Phlydude and Cotton for your input,

A new TA definitely, It's a shame, this agency is very very well known here in Philly. I will never do business with them again.

Vivian

I notice your cruise is just a couple of weeks away. Many times, the cruiselines will deeply discount the last few cabins to sell out the ship. Although people have posted that they've received price-drop credits after final payment is made, there are those who've posted they weren't able to get it. Not everyone is going to be able to get the last minute deals........it's just like the one day sales. They are supposed to be for new bookings only, but, once in a while, somebody is able to get the deal.

As far as the TA, I do agree she should have called you back and checked it out, whether or not she was able to get you the price drop.

Now, you only have a couple of weeks to go.......get packing! LOL:)

I find that those big companies that advetise in the Inquirer or other local papers are horrible with poor customer service. Same goes for AAA. They don't know answers to simple questions that I like to test them on and have at times adamantly told me that I couldn't do certain things with a reservation that I knew I could.

I have found a couple good vendors from online searches that I have used and would be glad to share them with you if you would like their info. email my screen name @yahoo.com

oh no--Liberty---

But where did you see the price decrease? was it another agency or the cruise lines?

Hi Serene!

I saw the decrease on Carnival's website., but its gone now.

Vivian

Archived