QUeen Victoria - Todd English Menu?

SavvyCruiserNJ

One notable difference is that the Todd English menu on QV has prices - perhaps around $5 for a starter and $18-20 for a main course. I wasn't sufficiently tempted.

Hmm - We went to Todd English on QM2. I thought I recalled it being a "fixed price" supplement. Certainly that is the way the Gary Rhodes restaurants worked on P&O (a supplement) .

Barry

Hmm - We went to Todd English on QM2. I thought I recalled it being a "fixed price" supplement. Certainly that is the way the Gary Rhodes restaurants worked on P&O (a supplement) .

Barry

It changed on QM2 in late 2011 and now there are prices for individual dishes, the fixed price used to be $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner. If you have 3 courses the combined price comes very close to those figures. It seems that some passengers didn't think that the fixed price was fair as they ate less than others. This might explain why on a couple of occasions I have witnessed passengers requesting "doggy bags" to take their leftover chicken or salmon with them to their cabin for later consumption. This is on a ship where there is 24 hour food, strange really.

It changed on QM2 in late 2011 and now there are prices for individual dishes, the fixed price used to be $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner. If you have 3 courses the combined price comes very close to those figures. It seems that some passengers didn't think that the fixed price was fair as they ate less than others. This might explain why on a couple of occasions I have witnessed passengers requesting "doggy bags" to take their leftover chicken or salmon with them to their cabin for later consumption. This is on a ship where there is 24 hour food, strange really.

Thanks for that info re the pricing - as you say, very strange about the "doggy bag" situation. :) To go to Todd English for us is a kind of "special occasion" and worth the extra $60 for the two of us, certainly we never take doggy bags home when we go out for special occasions :)

More to the point was that we enjoyed the meals we had in the Gary Rhodes restaurants more than in Todd English on QM2 in Feb 20111. Nothing wrong with it - but just not particularly "memorable" -- could easily have been our jaded pallettes?? :)

Might give TE a miss in our upcoming cruises - and go to The Verandah for our "special occasion" this time :)

Barry

More to the point was that we enjoyed the meals we had in the Gary Rhodes restaurants more than in Todd English on QM2 in Feb 20111. Nothing wrong with it - but just not particularly "memorable" -- could easily have been our jaded pallettes?? :)

Barry

Nothing jaded about your palate - we thought Gary Rhodes on Arcadia was considerably better than Todd English (tried both several times). However, it was the only thing that P&O did better than Cunard.:)

Mary

One notable difference is that the Todd English menu on QV has prices - perhaps around $5 for a starter and $18-20 for a main course. I wasn't sufficiently tempted.

I agree, the quality of the food in the Britannia restaurant was so good we did not need to look anywhere else and I thought the prices a little steep for what they had to offer.....:cool:

Archived