Regular cruisers first time on RCI

We are going on our first RCI cruise this summer doing a B2B on the Allure. When we have dinner, we often like to try a few different things. For example, some nights, I may want 2-3 different appetizers and on other nights, I might want to try 2 entrees (i.e. a pasta and meat dish). We've never had an issue doing this when we've sailed with Princess or Celebrity, but as we are new to RCI, I wasn't sure and would be mortified if I was told no at the table, so thought I'd ask my expert friends on CC. :)

Not only will you never be told "no", but it is highly likely that they will happily offer you as many dishes as you want. Actually, they might just bring you extra dishes without any discussion at all :)

Some specialty restaurants might have different policies than the main dining room. For example, Chops would charge $10 for an extra entree. On the other hand, Johnny Rockets has a flat fee of $4.95 per person. It's best to ask the policy for extra entrees if you decide to try a specialty restaurant.

Once, I couldn't make up my mind on dessert (back when the desserts were wonderful and almost too pretty to eat!)...so I told the waiter to "surprise me"...he did! He brought one of EVERYTHING.....(and I attempted to eat them all, too!!!!)

In the MDR, you can have as much or as many things as you wish!

Some specialty restaurants might have different policies than the main dining room. For example, Chops would charge $10 for an extra entree. On the other hand, Johnny Rockets has a flat fee of $4.95 per person. It's best to ask the policy for extra entrees if you decide to try a specialty restaurant.

Thanks for this. I had heard of this being the case in the specialty restaurants which is why I though I better ask. Al. This feedback is great. Now we just need to get through the next 142 days. :rolleyes:

Archived