Price of cruise went down and refused an OBC

We r sailing on Serenade of the Seas, March 31st and yesterday I went on to RCL and noticed our prices have dropped. I called and they told me that starting last June they no longer give refunds or OBC anymore once you have made your final payment. Has anyone else run into this new rule. It makes me alittle upset because I have always been able to get OBC's for price drops.:confused:

The rule changed back in June. You can not get money back or an OBC after final payment. What you can do is upgrade to a better cabin if one is available. We are on Navigator next Sunday and after final payment a balcony cabin went for the price I paid for my inside cabin. While I couldn't get my money back, I was able to get the upgrade to the balcony cabin after final payment for free. I knew about the change in rule, and my husband who is a TA tells all his clients about it. Not sure that they all do and not sure if Royal mentions it if you book direct with them.

Sorry, but that's all you can do now. It is making people wait longer to book these days.

Teresa

We r sailing on Serenade of the Seas, March 31st and yesterday I went on to RCL and noticed our prices have dropped. I called and they told me that starting last June they no longer give refunds or OBC anymore once you have made your final payment. Has anyone else run into this new rule. It makes me alittle upset because I have always been able to get OBC's for price drops.:confused:

Actually I thought it stopped in May 2010. Been discussed a LOT around here :)

No price drops after final payment and no more OBC. You can however upgrade usually if a higher category has dropped in price too

Actually I thought it stopped in May 2010. Been discussed a LOT around here :)

No price drops after final payment and no more OBC. You can however upgrade usually if a higher category has dropped in price too

It was May 17, 2010

Yeppers, that's the new rule. Easier to fill empty cabins after final payment with lower fares, but not giving it away back to people who watch fares......

It seems odd that the most loyal rccl customers are shaping their business model to the detriment of the loyal customers.

In that I mean loyal customers figure out ways to get better deals, or obc, and then rccl makes a new rule barring that particular activity. From a management standpoint it's brilliant, but what sounds good on paper.......

:eek: Talk about misinformed reps. :eek::mad:

My guess is pretty soon they will do away with all refunds and on board credits when prices drop. More and more people are waiting till the last minute to book cruises and this is not what RCCL wants.

Just wondering if this is the usual policy aboard other cruise lines or is this specific to RC. Anyone know?

Carnival has a program called early saver, which allows price adjustment up to 2 days before sailing.

It does require a non refundable deposit and other restrictions, but about the last way to get a price adjustment after final payment these days.

My guess is pretty soon they will do away with all refunds and on board credits when prices drop. More and more people are waiting till the last minute to book cruises and this is not what RCCL wants.

That disappeared effective May 17, 2010.

Archived