Just thinking.

TWOFERTWO

I don't recall of this being asked; regardless of the price that a passenger pays, does the staff on board know how much that was paid for the cabin.

I was thinking of all the upgrades, up-sell, and discounts that are offered, I don't think this is an important point, but I was just curious.

Any opinions or thoughts?

I doubt it very much. Why would the crew care? They keep them awful busy and the crew has plenty to worry about without trying to recall which passengers paid more. Interesting thought though.

I don't recall of this being asked; regardless of the price that a passenger pays, does the staff on board know how much that was paid for the cabin.

I was thinking of all the upgrades, up-sell, and discounts that are offered, I don't think this is an important point, but I was just curious.

Any opinions or thoughts?

There are a few who know. It is not widely distributed but those who have a need to know..... do.

One Need to know might be: Passenger "A" has a situation for which they request compensation. How does one determine how much they 'lost' if they do not know what they paid.

Wouldn't want to 'refund' more than they actually paid. :D

Cabin Stewards and Dining Room Staff -- and crew -- do not know what a passenger has paid for a cruise.

But that information is available for the HM, captain, and a few others to view as it is on record at the front office -- but not made available for just anyone to view.

Most of the ships staff don't care what an individual paid and it makes no difference to them. The information is available to some of the staff but most staff has no use for this information so they wouldn't look it up if they could.

Archived