Jewel 2/25 thoughts

gweeptrish

Hello Neighbor!

Thank you for your review, We will be cruising on the Jewel in April(ugh yes Massachusetts and Northern NH vacation week, but that is when the rest of family can go) for the first time and I think these reviews help.

LOL I use to love when we lived in the southern part of the state and we could vacation the week after the BIG Vacation week :)!

That's us! I'm SO grateful that our vacation isn't the same as "everyone else's" .. hopefully that'll work in our favor when we go back to Disney too :)

My daughter (just turned 7) is a night owl, so I don't think I'll have any issues with the late night situation .. I'll probably have to have her nap though, if she's going to stay up late more than one night in a row.

Thanks all for being so kind and not getting upset with my observations. I didn't start cruising until my 50's so never had the opportunity to go cruising with young children. I will say that the "kids club" always looks like so much fun, they go singing and dancing thru the buffet and one time our room was near the kids club and they always seemed to be having so much fun. I would love to go on a cruise with my grandchildren but since the youngest is 7, working around school schedules is tough and honestly, I just don't have the patience anymore to be around large groups of kids. When we were on the Gem in Feb there were some kids, but almost 1000 was expected for the next week:eek:. I'm glad to get your perspectives on this subject. Still looking forward to the Jewel next Feb, and was hoping for a Bermuda cruise this summer/fall but we are getting a new furnace tomorrow, so that may be only a dream.:(

That's us! I'm SO grateful that our vacation isn't the same as "everyone else's" .. hopefully that'll work in our favor when we go back to Disney too :)

My daughter (just turned 7) is a night owl, so I don't think I'll have any issues with the late night situation .. I'll probably have to have her nap though, if she's going to stay up late more than one night in a row.

Oh you will have so much fun. We did Disney April Vaca when the kids were little and it was great that week so it should work in your favor :D

Defiantly do the nap thing if needed :)

Dear gweeptrish,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent cruise vacation on board Norwegian Jewel with the Cruise Critic community.

We truly value the opinions of our guests and will look into adding your points about sleeping children to the Kids Crew FAQ on the website.

Best Regards,

Norwegian Public Relations

I think it was a fair review. I will say that I'm very surprised though. We had the exact opposite experience last June on the Jewel.

I'm really sorry you were disappointed OP. Did you address your concerns with Hugo, the hotel director? He is phenomenal and really aims to please. He had a drop off box next to the service desk.

I have to agree with NCL on the Kid's Club policy. I can't imagine dropping off a sleeping toddler at a Kid's Club. They're there to interact with your children not babysit.[/quote

Hugo went on vacation 2/25/12 Brian Walters is HD until he returns

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

I don't know where you are in NH so I don't know how helpful my sources will be for you. I used to buy from Chestnut Farms in Hardwick MA but currently I get beef and pork from Barrett Hill Farm in Mason NH and poultry from Blue Y Farm also in Mason. I raise my own chickens and ducks for eggs. I tell ya, it's hard to go back to eating factory-farmed eggs when we travel after eating free-range eggs for so long!

We did have to cut back on the amount of meat we eat in order to afford locally pasture-raised meat but the taste is so worth it.

I am southern NH so this is great! Looks I can have some Parker's Pancakes and pick up some meat and produce all in one trip :) Thanks for the info!

Enjoy those sleeping babies! My little one is a college man now and is teaching us about sustainable and local food sources. They grow up in the blink of an eye!

Thank you for your review. Although we had a different experience on the Jewel a few years ago, I would be very annoyed about the issues you had, also.

My travel agent says that cruises are NOT one size fits all and while NCL is my preferred line I have no problem with others not caring for it so much.

Happy cruising whatever line you choose.

Barb (another NH cruiser who likes having a different school break from MA and Maine!)

Archived