Dream's a dream week 2

This is our second week,

Margarita, We had a quiet day here, had a leisurely breakfast and just strolled thought the market as you get off the ship and spent a very nice day at the little beach just by the dock, about 5 mins walk away, sun beds for hire, we took one in the back row where there was some shade. The sea is not very deep and the bathing area not very big, but good enough to cool off in. The next island was Tobago, not on list either...... Went on ships Glass bottom boat trip, £32pp. nice trip, went by coach to Pigeon Point beach, wade to boat, trip out to reef to look at fish and then snorkel if you want to, fish quite nice but have to admit to being very disappointed with all the snorkeling we have done here (we go each year to the Red Sea and nothing here has matched it) On returning to the Ship I had a walk to the Botanical gardens about 15 min walk away, I went on my own as hubby was tired felt quite safe.

Grenada

Left ship and walked to the spice market and around the town, went to the Cathedral at the top of a steep hill, but worth the walk, went further up the hill to see a cemetery and nice views across the harbour etc. Quite a poor seeming island but all the people we saw were happy to chat for a few minutes. We had a wonderful smoothie at a little place just across the road and up a side street slightly to the left as you come off the ship, yum yum!!

St Vincent

Got a water taxi to the beach (can't remember the name) Got a coconut and drank the water then they cut it and you eat the flesh, yum yum, but not as nice as the one we had on St Kitts! Sun beds for hire, they wanted $20 for 2 but we gave then $15, still probably too much!! Had to wait quite a while for the water taxi back so leave plenty of time to get back to the ship. Again took snorkeling gear (ever hopeful) but it was disappointing.

St Lucia

Here we had a trip prebooked with Spencer Ambrose. Unfortunately we were the only ones booked (quite rare apparently) but he sent us David, a very nice young man who looked after us well, he took us all over and asked us what we wanted to do, we said we wanted to snorkel (still hopeful) and he was going to take us to a beach, but along they way we met up with a tour from Corsol and as he had space on their boat David arranged for us to go along with them. We went to the beach between the Pitons, nice beach, some free beds to the left of the beach and a cordoned off area for snorkeling, again not much fish life or coral, but the best we had seen. We did the usual things volcano etc and David took us for a nice lunch in a local place he knew, very tasty. Then back to the ship about 3.30ish. Torturous roads, very twisty and turny, makes a long ride longer!!

Barbados

Our last day boo hoo!! Stayed on the ship and had a quiet day, I went to the shops in the port area as being a Sunday not a lot is open in the town. BEWARE............ People in the port shops try to tell you you can buy perfume and spirits to take home, but as your cases have already been packed and taken this is INCORRECT!!!! The person I spoke to said the 100ml limit had been scrapped, I knew this to be wrong but other people may have been taken in, you will lose your purchases at airport security. Transfer to airport was very good as was all the transfers we had. Immigration come to the ship in the morning and do all the paperwork so it's all quite easy.

Thanks for that, we are not doing that itinerary but found it very interesting. Good advice about the perfume etc. in Barbados.

Cruisin Linda is now back so looking forward to hearing her thoughts, then it's Kruzseeka's turn.:):)

Jan:)

Archived