Is Sunshine just a Carnival Joke!

Troller's

Perhaps they are hoping to benefit from the publicity that Royal Caribbean is likely to generate when it reveals more about the two Project Sunshine ships it is building. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery and since the actual names of the RCI ships have not been revealed, there may, in the end, be no duplication of names, but once again the lack of imagination on the part of so many cruise lines when naming their ships, is truly frightening. Then again they didn't name it Carnival Breakaway or Carnival Getaway - now there are two truly dreadful names.:D For that we should all be grateful.

Here is a link to deckplans that you can zoom in. The other one is way too small.

https://www.goccl.com/resourcecenter/PDF/Sunshine.pdf

Wow! Many more rooms and it looks like a added deck too.....going from 12 decks to 14.

Major changes were needed though if they were going to rename the ship though, otherwise it would've been bad luck. However, I still think there will be some involved.....

I'll be taking a pass on this ship.....

I also like the idea of the three deck serenity. I'm now contemplating going to NOLA for a cruise on her next year. Even though I absolutely hate the name. What was wrong with Destiny? But, with my son going to college at Tulane and free flights, it's definitely a possibility that the wife and I will book.

Sounds like a plan to me! LOL I was looking at NOLA for 2013 and I do believe Destiny-turned-Sunshine (stuuuupid name btw) may be in my future after all. NOLA is definitely a closer drive from Louisville than Miami. :)

These kinds of Carnival decisions will continue to occur while Carnival has their finger off the pulse of their customer.

The only problem is that Carnival has their finger directly on the pulse of their cruisers. They want cheap and a lot of food, not much else matters.

The only problem is that Carnival has their finger directly on the pulse of their cruisers. They want cheap and a lot of food, not much else matters.

hmmm...how presumptive of you...I take it you've conducted some sort of survey to come to this scientific conclusion? :rolleyes:

Archived