Is Sunshine just a Carnival Joke!

Troller's

What class of ship is Destiny?

Destiny-class. ;)

It is pretty similar to Conquest-class, but slightly smaller. It was carnival's first post-Fantasy-class ship and everything after is basically an expansion of Destiny.

Oh noes :eek:!

STILL can't get to the back of the ship from the lobby :mad:!

Dadgum infernal galley is still in the way :D!

It looks like they are adding a walk way where the top of the

forward dining room was.

Destiny-class. ;)

It is pretty similar to Conquest-class, but slightly smaller. It was carnival's first post-Fantasy-class ship and everything after is basically an expansion of Destiny.

Got it. Is it a class by itself, or are there others. Is the Triumph part of it? Can't find that info on the new and unimproved Carnival site anymore.

Destiny-class. ;)

So will the Sunshine be the only Destiny class ship or will the Destiny "Class" become the Sunshine Class?

The deck plans show that they are expanding the buffet.

There will be way too many pax for the otherwise reduced public spaces, though. They're also not adding any additional crew to accommodate the ~400 additional pax. Wisdom says to stay away from Sunshine.

An article from another thread said they will be bringing on more crew as well as adding more crew cabins. I guess their closets are about to become shoe boxes.

Got it. Is it a class by itself, or are there others. Is the Triumph part of it? Can't find that info on the new and unimproved Carnival site anymore.

It's a class by itself. Triumph and Victory are considered "Triumph-Class", though a few years back they called all 3 of them "Destiny-Class".

It looks like they are adding a walk way where the top of the

forward dining room was.

Isnt that the same walk way alot of us took thru the mid ship MDR anyways:D:o

Is it just me or is Carnival adding more and more bars and places to eat while reducing open deck areas for sunloungers.

Sure Serentity areas are nice but those areas will be packed with people.

Does CCL want their customers drunk and fat??? They are removing alot of outdoor areas IMO

Is it just me or is Carnival adding more and more bars and places to eat while reducing open deck areas for sunloungers.

Does CCL want their customers drunk and fat??? They are removing alot of outdoor areas IMO

And being they don't disuade chair hogs, it will now be three decks of chairs with towels.

It looks to me they just added 3 more decks for lounging What did they remove except the sliding roof part of the lido?

Wow! This is a terrible design!!! A name is just a name, even though I think it is quite cheezy. But I hate this design. I've always loved Carnival, and I have loved their bigger ships the most, but I knew this was coming. I said it in my last review. This FunShip 2.0 thing is just Carnival's way of removing entertainment from cruising. Don't be fooled by it.

The main show lounge going from 3 levels to 2, and no more aft lounge. You know what this means. Comedy will now be the featured entertainment in the main show lounge, taking up 4 of the 7 nights. Add in the welcome aboard show, the legends/talent show, and one dark night. That equals no more need for a show band, dancers, singers, or the entertainment that come on board in the ports (magicians, jugglers, singers, etc). And where is the dance club? I guess that's gone as well. The ocean plaza would hopefully have a live band playing, and that's it. That plus comedy and the piano bar is all the entertainment you get for the week. Very lame!

I wish they would have kept the name Destiny. I have been on this ship 3 times, once was during 911. There are just so many memories that people attach to the ships they cruise on... And Sunshine sounds more like a ship for the line with the mouse ears....

If they were going to expand something, they should have made the pool on the lido deck larger, while I understand there is one in the serenity area... well... just try getting a lounge chair there... I don't like the bigger ships... I prefer spirit class and would love to see a ship something like that again.... oh well, it is what it is..

Archived