Credit towards next cruise

stevet2607

After our last cruise and due to an inaccuracy in P&O's marketing, I was given a £200 credit towards a future cruise. I assumed this was to be an "on board credit". The condition was that I must use it within 2 years.

Since then we spent a short time living abroad followed by a very long period giving 24/7 care to a close relative. He has now been placed in a care home and we decided to take a cruise for a very well earned rest after all we had been through.

Our travel agent found no record of the credit on our P&O account, so I contacted P&O to explain why we could not make a booking within 2 years. I explained that I realised we were some years outside of their offer, but asked for them to give consideration due to our situation.

I received a very curt reply refusing the credit due to it being more than 2 years. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if anyone thought it might be worth trying a bit more vigourously with P&O management.

You could try, but I think if you weren't able to book within the two year period quoted, perhaps you should have contacted them earlier.

I hope you get the response you are looking for, but if I'm honest, I think you may well be disappointed.

Enjoy your cruise anyway and don't let this spoil it.

Three times, and for various reasons, I have been given credit towards future cruise bookings, but always with a cut-off date - usually around 12-18 months from memory. In my experience it is not on-board credit, but credit against a future cruise booking with a definite cut-off date. I doubt you will get anywhere with P&O since you have not been in contact for so long, but I guess you could try.

We too were given a credit once when P&O cancelled a cruise we had booked. It was from the preview brochure and they decided to pull it so we got £200 each OFF a future cruise..basicly it reduced the deposit we had to pay on the next cruise.

Archived