Regatta's General Manager?

Oceans&Rivers

I just read in the Crystal forum that Christian Krempl, Regatta's General Manager, has returned to Crystal to work as Hotel Director on Crystal Serenity.

So, who is the new GM for Regatta?

What a shame. He was always a gentleman and ran a great ship.:)

I just read in the Crystal forum that Christian Krempl, Regatta's General Manager, has returned to Crystal to work as Hotel Director on Crystal Serenity.

So, who is the new GM for Regatta?

Our documents for our May cruise say Mr. Dominique Nicolle.

I don't wish to start a "war" but I fail to understand why who the General Manager is should affect the cruise. We barely care who the Cruise Director is.

In any event we have found that we never know who the personnel are until we are on board. On our last cruise the General Manager, Concierge, Cruise Director and Oceania Club Ambassador were all different from those shown in the Cruise Vacation Guide. Those brochures, except for the personalized pages, are, I suspect, printed or set up long before they are mailed. Personnel changes are frequent and sometimes done at the last moment.

In any event we have never been disappointed by the crew on board and, while all have different personalities, they have been good at their job and credits to Oceania.

I don't wish to start a "war" but I fail to understand why who the General Manager is should affect the cruise. We barely care who the Cruise Director is.

In any event we have found that we never know who the personnel are until we are on board. On our last cruise the General Manager, Concierge, Cruise Director and Oceania Club Ambassador were all different from those shown in the Cruise Vacation Guide. Those brochures, except for the personalized pages, are, I suspect, printed or set up long before they are mailed. Personnel changes are frequent and sometimes done at the last moment.

In any event we have never been disappointed by the crew on board and, while all have different personalities, they have been good at their job and credits to Oceania.

Does I don't want to start a war mean that I want to voice my opinion but I don't want anyone to disagree with me?

I'm just passing along the information. Twice now you've made the same reply when I was only trying to be helpful. You very well may be right and perhaps that's been your experience. You also very well could be wrong.

I could see why the General Manager could be much more important than who the CD is though.

Archived