Anyone recently on Splendor with kids?

CKEA_Cruising_Family

We were just on the 1/1 cruise. I had booked this very reluctantly thinking I wouldn't enjoy Carnival, but the Splendor is absolutely fantastic. We had a GREAT time. My girls turned 7 on board and we had two other 6 year olds in our group all had fun. The waterslide is big and really fast, so only two out of the four kids did it more than once. There is a great water play area for the kids mid ship (I didn't realize until half-way through that a deck above it is an observation area where you can sit and watch the kids play, so look for that). One of my girls was the only kid who didn't like going to the kids club - which was strange because she's been in lots of kids clubs and always enjoyed it, so I don't know what was up with that - the other kids enjoyed it. There was a family disco party one night that I would suggest. Meals in the dining room (we don't do the buffet) were easy with the kids. The staff is wonderful and very kid friendly.

Since we were there in January, our weather was a lot different than you'll have, but here's what we didn in port:

Cabo day 1: Beach day - cab to Medano Beach, Baja Cantina where we had lunch, used their lounges and played in the water for the day.

Cabo day 2: party boat - the kids had a ball with the boat ride and dancing

P.V.: Wildlife Connection swim with wild dolphins. Priceless. Even those who didn't get in the water got a great show.

Happy to answer any questions. We're planning to book again before she moves.

Best,

Mia

Thanks for the pictures and tips on excursions. I'll check out Medano Beach as a beach day sounds fantastic. I bet my kids would love the party boat as well. My kids have loved the Camp activities when we were on the Pride so I'm hoping it's the same on this ship. One of the reasons I love cruising is because it gives such a great balance between family time and adult time when the kids are off having fun! Do you recall if Camp did family karaoke and talent shows? My daughter loved these things on the Pride.

What type of cabin did you have? We are doing all 4 of us in an Oceanview this time and I'm a little worried we will be cramped but needed to watch the budget since we had to build in airfare. We're combining a trip to visit relatives with the cruise.

Thanks for the information!

Archived