My 1st Trip to the "Naughty" Room--FOS

If we smuggled and IF we left it in plain view and IF the steward saw it I would suspect they would say something like "I would appreciate it if you could keep it out of sight so my supervisor does not see it" and then I would give them a tip for the "tip" and at least it would be WIN-WIN for the two of us.

This is precisely what happened to my brother cruising on the Oasis. First day while unpacking the cabin attendant came by and politely asked him to put the alcohol out of sight so a supervisor would not see it. Kept it in the closet from then on with no problem.

If we smuggled and IF we left it in plain view and IF the steward saw it I would suspect they would say something like "I would appreciate it if you could keep it out of sight so my supervisor does not see it" and then I would give them a tip for the "tip" and at least it would be WIN-WIN for the two of us.

This is precisely what happened to my brother cruising on the Oasis. First day while unpacking the cabin attendant came by and politely asked him to put the alcohol out of sight so a supervisor would not see it. Kept it in the closet from then on with no problem.

In the good old days of cruising I just left the booze on the vanity desk and never had a problem. Now I feel like a teenager sneaking a smoke.

I am amused at all the concern about bringing water and soda on board because of the rules. On every cruise I have gone on we have brought on board 2 liter cokes from ports in a plastic bag through security. Never have we been questioned or delayed. After going through the scanner security personnel have handed me my plastic bag. Doesn't add up to a real rule to me.

Archived