Timaru, New Zealand

Heres a link to the Timaru webcam.

http://www.timaru.govt.nz/webcam.html

Timaru is a fairly new call for cruise ships. They are starting to call at the port since they cant get into the port at Lyttleton, Christchurch , after the earthquake.

The port is open to the easterly winds so can be at the mercy of the weather at times.

Try this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timaru

Quite a few entries come up when you use Google.

I found this but what I am looking for is companies that do local tours. That is where I came up blank. The one tour company I could find did tours of the South Island and not daily tours.

Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.

Local tour companies may be a bit thin on the ground in Timaru. It is a service town rather than a holiday destination .

There is Timaru Taxis that offer local tours.

http://www.timarutaxis.co.nz/index.html

LATEST NEWS

Tuesday, January 17th 2012

With the Seven Seas Voyager due to arrive in the Port of Timaru on Thursday February 2nd, Timaru Taxis is working closely with Air Safaris in Lake Tekapo to ensure passengers and locals alike have every opportunity to view the beautiful sights of the Mackenzie Country from both the air and the ground.

Starting at the historic Landing Service Building, Timaru Taxis will take you on the 90 minute drive through the beautiful Mackenzie Country. Upon arrival in Lake Tekapo we will take you to Air Safaris base which is located 4km west of the Tekapo township. Air Safaris will continue your breath-taking tour with the Grand Traverse scenic flight, which is recognised as the premier Aoraki Mount Cook flight-seeing experience.

They may give you some idea and if interested it may pay to book early as they will book out very quickly and may even be booked out by the ship already.

hi no fuss,

don't know what tours are available in timaru,but my wife and i have cruised around and driven all over both the north and south islands of new zealand,what ever you can book to do a day trip etc, book it,cause it's such a beautiful part of the world to see.

happy cruisin

Timaru is located between Dunedin and Christchurch.

Timaru is surrounded by farming countryside.

The trip to Lake Tekapo and Mount Cook (highest mountain in NZ) would be a great excursion.

Mount John observatory is located just out of Tekapo.

Archived