Yappy little "princess" dog

I guess I will not be writing about a yappy, little princess dog after my next cruise:p Instead I'll be writing about a huge St. Bernard with a large barrel of brandy around his neck to provide his owner some "emotional support". Especially if the cruise is to Alaska:D where it can be cold if you go on a glacier excursion. I never thought my first post would generate as much discussion as it has. (Or it would go off into so many directions) I was just annoyed about the yapping princess in the stroller. From what I've read, I was not the only one annoyed the yapper. Many people who posted were affected much more. Surprised one of them didn't start the post. Oh, well - expand the 4 X 4 mulch doggie relief stations, and bring on the St. Bernards with the brandy, LOL. And service dogs everywhere, I drink a toast to you - you enable people to live life to the fullest and truly perform a needed service. I look forward to seeing you on board.:D

I was so going to make a St Bernard joke but you got there first. Imagine the size of the litter box that dog would need???

Policies that go un enforced are worthless. They already have a policy in place that covers everything you mentioned and these people and Ralphie broke every rule they have concerning dogs on a ship and still, nothing was done.

Well said, ryano- and your chocolate lab is beautiful!

I was so going to make a St Bernard joke but you got there first. Imagine the size of the litter box that dog would need???

We knew a guy who had a large 'litter box' out back that was used by his very well trained (including hand commands) handsome Rottweiler. :)

Hi Nancy!!! How are things?

Nancy's daughter's dog was so sweet and a perfect lady. I remember Nancy had a huge folder full of papers just to get her on Mariner when we cruised with them. I believe Nancy here. You have to have immunization records, etc. etc. to show to get your dog on.

Kiss her for us Nancy along with one for your daughter.

Becci, thanks for the kind words, you are a sweetie!

The last year and a half has been hard on my daughter but she is hanging in there and things are looking up. I will give them kisses for you and we all look forward to sailing with you again in the future.

I can't get my head round this , so for the sake of what appears to be a woman who can't bear to be parted from her dog , hundreds of passengers have to put up with a yappy dog that sits in the dining room eating off a plate and free to wander around the ship ? All I can say is that if I was in a stateroom anywhere near that animal I would be at guest services demanding to be moved or highly compensated for it ,I know that I would get neither but I would have to complain , I couldn't just sit and accept it , it sounds like this couple have totally abused the system in taking this dog on board .

I am a flight attendant. We have passengers abuse the policy almost every day. We are not allowed to ask for any papers at all. We know exactely which animals are true service animals and which are not! The difference in behavior is very obvious. A true service animal goes through extensive training and behaves like a professional. The people who think the rules do not apply to them make it very hard on everybody else who do actually follow the rules. I could tell you some funny stories about dogs, cats, and monkeys on aircraft. It was a "emotional support" monkey. ;)

E-Beth

I am a flight attendant. I could tell you some funny stories about dogs, cats, and monkeys on aircraft. It was a "emotional support" monkey. ;)

There’s no way to know if hell has frozen over, but it’s official — pigs can fly.

An embarrassed US Airways is promising it will never again allow barnyard animals onto its flights after a 300-pound hog accompanied 200 human passengers on a six-hour flight from Philadelphia to Seattle on Oct. 17.

from

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95217&page=1

I am a flight attendant. We have passengers abuse the policy almost every day. We are not allowed to ask for any papers at all. We know exactely which animals are true service animals and which are not! The difference in behavior is very obvious. A true service animal goes through extensive training and behaves like a professional. The people who think the rules do not apply to them make it very hard on everybody else who do actually follow the rules. I could tell you some funny stories about dogs, cats, and monkeys on aircraft. It was a "emotional support" monkey. ;)

E-Beth

I have to admit that my friend got one of her 2 dogs papers that said it was an "emotional support" dog when she moved to Ireland from the US. She only did it though because the dog needed pills every few hours and wouldn't have gotten the treatment it needed otherwise. She flew the other dog in a kennel like most animals fly.

It all worked out ok for her, but i was somewhat amazed at how easy it was for her to get those papers. It was a bit of work verifying everything with the airline, but she made it work.

Archived