Aurora, ex-Southampton 4 May - St Petersburg

John Bull

Hi all,

Is anyone out there going on Aurora, 4th May from Southampton & looking to share a 2-day St Petersburg tour? We're willing to compromise on the tour operator (they all have good reputations) and precisely which 2-day tour.

The St Petersburg tour companies we've contacted (Alla & SPB) aren't offering their usual group tours for Aurora (ie we can't just book for two people)- we need to find six folk to share in order to get a private tour at the regular price per person that they charge for 16. That's around $270 to $330 pp for the two full days. We think we've found two people through one of those tour operators.

With greatest respect to cruise lines, anything is better than the inevitable cattle-herding that usually happens on ships' tours :eek:

JB :)

Hi all,

Is anyone out there going on Aurora, 4th May from Southampton & looking to share a 2-day St Petersburg tour? We're willing to compromise on the tour operator (they all have good reputations) and precisely which 2-day tour.

The St Petersburg tour companies we've contacted (Alla & SPB) aren't offering their usual group tours for Aurora (ie we can't just book for two people)- we need to find six folk to share in order to get a private tour at the regular price per person that they charge for 16. That's around $270 to $330 pp for the two full days. We think we've found two people through one of those tour operators.

With greatest respect to cruise lines, anything is better than the inevitable cattle-herding that usually happens on ships' tours :eek:

HI

We are looking to do a 2 day tour I looked at SPB but for 2pax they want $650 I have e mailed through SPB site (roll call )because it seems as if they have some passengers interested in the tour but I am waiting a reply

• 2 weeks later...
HI

We are looking to do a 2 day tour I looked at SPB but for 2pax they want $650 I have e mailed through SPB site (roll call )because it seems as if they have some passengers interested in the tour but I am waiting a reply

Hi Lotty.

So sorry :o - for whatever reason your response slipped under the radar -this is a super website but too many damned forums, some like this one are pretty quiet but I've also posted on the Baltics forum & the RollCall, & on another website.

It looks like we now have the minimum numbers (8+) to get the standard per-person rate with Alla or SPB or DJ. Maximum number is 16.

Can you please e-mail me at chris@cneal6.wanadoo.co.uk ideally including a phone number & I'll explain how things stand and the options that are open. We've only considered 2-day tours, the prices range $270 to $370 pp

Hi john bull there are four of us looking at similar trips the best we have found is T something . We are all fit 60 yr olds so please consider sharing. This is my first time on this site so might make a few mistakes.

Hi farmers,

I responded today to your post on the RollCall - basically the same message as to Lotty, drop me an e-mail with a phone number & I'll phone you & tell you how things stand.

Its all looking pretty good.

Archived