Can't avail of price drop, seems a bit unfair

I know I may get slightly bbq-d by saying this , but I paid to be upgraded to a D1 yesterday (liberty May 3rd Med), the cabin I had originally then went back on the market for nearly 200euro less than what I paid for it in Septmber, I rang my TA and asked her to see if I could get my upgrade comped due to the change in price she rang RCCL , not a chance, nothing, nada, so whilst I'm happy I got a D1 (very happy) it's very annoying that I was penalised for booking early. I know it's gone past final payment etc etc, and I should be happy with what I paid and put up with it, :rolleyes: but still, it's annoyed me, do Rccl want us to keep coming back to be treated like this?:(

People that book early want their pick of cabins....when you book you need to be happy with that price and be thrilled if the price goes down before final payment but you cant dwell on the price drops after final payment. All cruise companies have to try to fill up the ships so the prices will drop if that ship isn't full.

I know I may get slightly bbq-d by saying this , but I paid to be upgraded to a D1 yesterday (liberty May 3rd Med), the cabin I had originally then went back on the market for nearly 200euro less than what I paid for it in Septmber, I rang my TA and asked her to see if I could get my upgrade comped due to the change in price she rang RCCL , not a chance, nothing, nada, so whilst I'm happy I got a D1 (very happy) it's very annoying that I was penalised for booking early. I know it's gone past final payment etc etc, and I should be happy with what I paid and put up with it, :rolleyes: but still, it's annoyed me, do Rccl want us to keep coming back to be treated like this?:(

What was the price of the D1 when you originally booked? Would seem to me that it was more than you wanted to pay, and now that price has dropped you paid a smaller amount for the upgrade, so in effect you did get the price drop

I had originally booked an F category (large ocean view) , the price of the balcony did come down , so I only paid an extra 110euro for the balcony upgrade, I find it frustrating that MY cabin is now going to get bought up for 200 euro less, so I could cancel my booking, get 200euro back, the buy the balcony cabin, but they won't let me do that.

What was the price of the D1 when you originally booked? Would seem to me that it was more than you wanted to pay, and now that price has dropped you paid a smaller amount for the upgrade, so in effect you did get the price drop

This seems like the correct logic to me. You probably upgraded because the price went down. You've gotten the price drop.

With the way things are now it is lucky the cruise line is not charging you the $200 less that they will get to resell you cabin. Be happy.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived