Most treasured item?

Philly Steve

I like to get a coffee mug from the ship. I also like postcards from the ports of call we visit. I bought a couple of pins on NCL Sun. I'll collect those on the next cruise I take, too. And, of course, I always bring back t-shirts for the family. General, inexpensive stuff - but they hold memories! :p

• 4 weeks later...

We went on a cruise with our son and DIL a few years ago. My DIL made me a scrap book of our cruise. It is wonderful & she did such a great job. I look at it at least once every week or two. It was so thoughtful of her & means a lot to me.

• 2 weeks later...
I am surprised that no one has answered this thread whose prize souvenir from a cruise came along nine months later. ;)

That would be my greatest gift from my sister... Her and her husband went on a cruise for their 10 anniversary and 9 months later I have a wonderful nephew.... That was in 2000 :)

My favorite is a Sea fan my husband found for me when we were on Grand Cayman for our second cruise. He and a friend of ours went for a walk and when they came back he told me he had a present for me. I was delighted. I have it on a wall in our house and smile everytime I see it.

I also have lots of scrapbooking memories

• 2 weeks later...

Texas green eyes, you hit the nail on the head, mine is my son and he was a little present we brought back from our New Years turn of the century cruise aboard the Disney Magic. He was born in September and the first time we saw that commercial aired was during the Walt Disney Christmas parade that same year. At the time he was the same size as the baby in the ad and my daughter was about the same age as the little girl in the ad. We looked at each other and burst out laughing, it was like they knew us or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine would have to be the pictures. I put them into a picture video with a music background. Each has it's own song and every time I hear that song, no matter where I am, it reminds of some specific place or vacation. :D I keep them on my computer where they are handy to play often.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine would have to be the pictures. I put them into a picture video with a music background. Each has it's own song and every time I hear that song, no matter where I am, it reminds of some specific place or vacation. :D I keep them on my computer where they are handy to play often.

The memories are embedded in the music and they are just a click away.

• 1 month later...

My most treasured sourvenir is the porthole I bought from the gift shop on the original Sun Princess when I cruised to Alaska in 1981. It is the same size and look of the original, but it is made out of some sort of plastic. It even has the opening on the side. It is proudly displayed in my hallway and every time I go out or in, it is always something I look at.

My most treasured item is the Porthole I bought from the gift shop on the original Sun Princess to Alaska in 1981. It looks just like the real thing, but maybe a bit smaller with a mirror in the centre instead of glass, with the Princess logo. Also, it is made of some sort of plastic, so is not heavy. It proudly hangs in my hallway and everytime I leave or come into my apartment, there it is.

• 2 weeks later...

my antiquated rccl cruise brochures. last year I brought my 1984 song of norway brochure to the crown and anchor cocktail party. There were some members of the ship's staff that recognized people in the brochure. It's always amazing to me that there is very little difference in pricing, between the old published price in the brochure and the happy hour specials.

My finished scrapbook of each cruise is priceless. I have so much fun on the cruise saving everthing, the sail and sign card, bills, napkins, stir sticks, money from forgein countries, anything I can put on a page I save and it goes in the scrapbook. even soak the labels off champagne/wine bottles.

Like many others, the SS NORWAY was my favorite ship. I had cruised on her many, many times starting in 1980 during her innaugural season. I have a special FRANCE menu that was used during one of her special nights onboard about 12 years aso; also a Richard E. Williams numbered and signed lighograph that was also signed by the Captain and inside the cabins on the NORWAY was a framed writing, entitled "Recapturing a More Elegant Era of Travel" and I loved the story that it told of the NORWAY. When I returned from the cruise, I contacted NCL's Corporate offices and asked how I could go about purchasing the writing that was in each of the cabins. They ended up sending me one!!! Of course, that was years ago, before NCL was bought out and when they still had good customer service!!! The NORWAY was the last of the true classic ocean liners and I truly miss her!!! So sad to see the way she ended up.....it broke my heart!!

I am a pack rat....I keep everything. I just recently threw away some things from the Carnival cruise i took several years ago...when ya pull things out, and they dont evoke any specific memory, its time to let go!

My most cherished item from our past cruises is the 3 carat tennis bracelet that my parents bought me for my 21st birthday. Its absolutely gorgeous! I wore it everyday for nearly a year, I only stopped because Im a clumsy drunk and I woke up hysterical too many times thinking i had lost it...luckily i found it in the car...or in my pocket...or in the bed.. the clasp needs to be fixed...that will be on the to do list before our next vacation :)

I also LOVE the formal pictures we have. They always turn out so well! I spend most of my souvenier budget in the photo shop!

I cant believe i forgot to add this! For the past few vacations, i began collecting christmas ornaments! I have atleast 4 from RCCL- including a boat, a dolphin, a starfish christmas tree and something on a sand dollar. On our last vacation on Anna Marie island near Sarasota, I found these adorable star fish that have swimsuits painted on and plastic sunglasses! I bought two- a boy and a girl. They represent John and I on our first vacation together! Since my last cruise was around the time i had moved out on my own, I realized i should start building my own collection of memories to bring out every year and eventually share with my future kids..

• 3 weeks later...

My most treasured memory of cruising is when my now husband proposed to me during our 3rd cruise. It was in Noumea at the Tjibaou Cultural Centre :D

My favourite memorabilia item from a cruise though is also from our 3rd cruise. It's my keyring. The photo is terrible because I did it on a scanner, but it's a little pair of sunglasses, a little hawaiian shirt and a little pair of thongs (flip flops for the non-Aussies ;)) I just love it :D

486071109_SkyKeyring.jpg.2f1d6d93fc0c698f97e4073061190718.jpg

Archived