Rhapsody- What time to arrive at port?

You should really double check your facts. We leave on the Rhapsody in two weeks and the boarding time is publicized as 2pm for a sailing at 5pm. You generally can board earlier if they are able to clear the ship early. It is generally possible to board anytime after 12 noon or after. Don't plan on a 5pm boarding or you may miss the ship.

There can be a lot of traffic dockside, so you might want to get there a little early to allow for that.

When we went, we drove from Fort Worth to Houston and spent the night, then had a leisurely breakfast before getting to Galveston about noon. We got lost a couple of times, then found a place to park (the "Dolphin" lot, as I recall), hopped the bus to the pier, and were pretty much all set to board when they got started processing passengers.

I'm one of those people who'd rather be an hour early than five minutes late, so that worked out well for me.

We will be getting there early as well!

Springtxbill how do you like the Rhapsody? I'm guessing you must since you have cruised on her a few times? Have you ever done any of the Stingray city tours? I am trying to decide between Soto's, Captain Bryan's and Buccaneer. I'm sure all of them would be great but the Buccaneer is a three stop where the other two have only two stops.

When we sailed the Rhapsody in October we boarded about 12:05. Howver you cannot get to your cabin till abouot 1 or 1:30 depending on how fast the crew is at cleaning up which is what I had read on other posts. So it was off to the Windjammer buffet for lunch.

Sarapdot......Yes I will post a review. :) I'm sure it will be great though. The only other cruise I have been on is Carnival's Holiday and it is an old ship with some sewer problems but we had a wonderful time anyway. The food (dining room) was great on it and I'm hoping Rhapsody can at least equal it.

Our first cruise was a Carnival on the Ecstacy. We were not that impressed with Carnival, however we did enjoy the cruise. So, this year we wanted to try something different and we booked with RC. I hope they can out-do Carnival. But with our Carnival experience, they won't have to do much!:p

Archived