8 Adults 3 Highchairs on Carnival Magic will we be at the same table?

bigdaddyvoges

We have a cruise on the Magic in August and will be traveling in a group of 8 adults and 3 kids all 2 and under and will need highchairs. I know the dining room only has tables up to 10 people but would they make an exception for us since we have 3 highchairs? We really wouldn't want to split our group up as we have been looking forward to this for over a year now. Is there an option to get two smaller tables close to each other if we do have to split? We would love to all be together at any cost because 4 adults in our group are all newbies and we wouldn't want them to be left out.... Thanks.

Are you doing fixed seating traditional dining, or anytime dining? You need to make sure your reservations are linked, and do fixed seating. With anytime, unless you go really early, I don't think they will be able to accommodate your group. Also, not sure about table sizes in the anytime area. EM

Hi, we were a party of 11 including 1 high chair on the Fascination. We were all seated together at a 10 top, but it was a VERY uncomfortable arrangement!

No one could push their chair in, because we were so tight, our chairs were wedged corner to corner. That meant we had to either sit on the edge of our seats, or lean way over to eat over our plates.

Add to that, our waiters had a tough time squeezing through between our table and the one behind us, and would pass by with their heavy trays of food over our heads. :eek:

So the answer is yes, you can sit together, but keep in mind how tight it will be and seat the babies on the side opposite the aisles, just in case a waiter drops something while trying to squeeze through.

Are you doing fixed seating traditional dining, or anytime dining? You need to make sure your reservations are linked, and do fixed seating. With anytime, unless you go really early, I don't think they will be able to accommodate your group. Also, not sure about table sizes in the anytime area. EM

Essiesmom, thanks for the quick response. Yes, we have Early-Seating and I just got off the phone with Carnival and all 4 of our bookings are linked. I really hope they can fit us all together!!!

Make sure all bookings are linked. Choose assigned dining-early/late. Check table assignment when you board the ship. Ask Maitre D' to move everybody closer if possible. Linked bookings are nearby when too large for available large tables.

Make sure all bookings are linked. Choose assigned dining-early/late. Check table assignment when you board the ship. Ask Maitre D' to move everybody closer if possible. Linked bookings are nearby when too large for available large tables.

Well maybe if we had to we could get two tables for 6 close together.

When we were on the Miracle, they were able to accommodate a group of 13 with no problem. I see on the deck plans that Magic has some tables for four and 8 that are next to each other in the forward dining room, ( right along the front on lobby deck) and side on Atlantic) and it looks like they could put them together without too much trouble and inconvenience to both you and the waitstaff. You might not be able to see alot of what is going on in the dining room, but it might be safer for those in high chairs and more convenient to be a little out of the way... and could give you a bit more breathing room..

we were a party of 10 adults and one high chair seated at a ten top at christmas a couple of years ago on the ecstasy. It was fine and we had plenty of room to pull our chairs up to the table. I think as long as they move the extra chairs out of the way when they put the high chairs in you should be fine since the high chair doesn't take up as much room as those big ole dining room chairs. Go and have a great time with your family.

Well maybe if we had to we could get two tables for 6 close together.

Glad to see you're linked and have Early seating. That's half the battle right there. There are so many groups cruising they should be used to these requests. Hope everything works out, especially for the newbies maiden cruise.

We had 10 plus two high chairs on the Magic. No problem. We were seated at a long table by the windows. Lots of room and it was nice not to be in the middle of the dining room, so when the little ones wanted out of their high chairs we could keep them contained at one end of the table and not bother anyone. You should be fine.

We had 10 plus two high chairs on the Magic. No problem. We were seated at a long table by the windows. Lots of room and it was nice not to be in the middle of the dining room, so when the little ones wanted out of their high chairs we could keep them contained at one end of the table and not bother anyone. You should be fine.

TCCathy, That would be awesome if they could put us by the windows!!! We would prefer to be there and out of the way rather than at a 10 in the middle of the dining room where there is NOWHERE for the kids to go. You made my day, HAHAHAHA :D

We have a cruise on the Magic in August and will be traveling in a group of 8 adults and 3 kids all 2 and under and will need highchairs. I know the dining room only has tables up to 10 people but would they make an exception for us since we have 3 highchairs? We really wouldn't want to split our group up as we have been looking forward to this for over a year now. Is there an option to get two smaller tables close to each other if we do have to split? We would love to all be together at any cost because 4 adults in our group are all newbies and we wouldn't want them to be left out.... Thanks.

Our last cruise we were 12 including 1 high chair. We were sat at what they called the captains table. It was the one right behind the Maitre D. Any way, we were pretty comfortable and I liked just having our party at the table. Not that I don't like sitting with others, but if I have to listen to kids complain about the menu, I'd rather they be mine :D

What date is your cruise?? We will be cruising in August also on the Magic leaving on the 5th.

Our last cruise we were 12 including 1 high chair. We were sat at what they called the captains table. It was the one right behind the Maitre D. Any way, we were pretty comfortable and I liked just having our party at the table. Not that I don't like sitting with others, but if I have to listen to kids complain about the menu, I'd rather they be mine :D

What date is your cruise?? We will be cruising in August also on the Magic leaving on the 5th.

We are sailing her on the 26th, sorry we'll miss ya. Thanks for the update on the seating situation, I greatly appreciate it. It seems I shouldn't worry at all as many people get 10-13 at a table no problem.

Archived