Charleston SC (Patriot's point)

jovifan78

I was also curious. We are cruising out of there Apr 23 and I almost went nuts trying to find a hotel with a decent price and good reviews. Changed my mind several times and settled in Shem Creek Inn. Good Luck. I have lots of notes on prices transportation etc if you have any questions. I ever went so far as calling the local cab companies to get accurate pricing the prices the hotels always tell you aren't correct.

We stayed at the Best Western in Mt Pleasant last year. They let us leave our car for the week. They do not have a shuttle but the woman at the front desk arranged one for us. Nice hotel, free breakfast. Went shopping at walmart in mt pleasant that morning and drove down to patriot point park - got pictures of the fantasy across the bay before parking the car and heading to the port

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Last time we stayed at Hampton inn & Suites in North Charleston which was nice. I have no problem with staying there again, I have a room booked already, but I was just wanting to get a little closer to the port. How often do you get a chance to literally get to see your ship sail in? lol:D

Has anyone ever stayed at Quality Inn & Suites @ Patriot's point? Anyone know if that is an okay hotel to stay at and leave your car for a week?

Are you driving down?

If you are here are some park and cruise hotels:

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/

The "round" Holiday Inn has a great view, is very convenient to downtown.

If flying in get a room downtown and enjoy the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very nice Quality Inn and Suites- not sure of cost due to most of the hotels on the harbor there are a bit pricey- and unsure if you can leave car- but you can see the ship from the hotel- very close at bottom of Ravenel Bridge- I have stayed at Patriot's Point many times - just not this hotel...but did walk in to check it out...

• 4 weeks later...
We stayed at the Best Western in Mt Pleasant last year. They let us leave our car for the week. They do not have a shuttle but the woman at the front desk arranged one for us. Nice hotel, free breakfast. Went shopping at walmart in mt pleasant that morning and drove down to patriot point park - got pictures of the fantasy across the bay before parking the car and heading to the port

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Is it this one? 259 McGrath Darby Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. This is the one I'm currently looking at.

The guy i spoke to last night said they had a shuttle? Maybe they have one now, it would be nice if they did! Was this hotel close to the Ravenel Bridge and exactly how far did you have to drive in order take photos of the ship that morning?

Has anyone stayed at Meeting St. Inn?

It's downtown, I gather you are flying in. Nice place to stay and right in the middle of things. You will be able to wander downtown, grab a bite, depending on when you get in do some shopping in the "straw" market. Not exactly in walking distance unless you have little luggage and are in fairly good shape:

http://*******/maps/C9Ej

Somewhere in the 1/2 mile distance. A cab will take you. IF you have carry-on luggage only I would walk it, in fact the evening before you could scope it out.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your time downtown.

Has anyone stayed here & used their cruise stay package? Is it efficient? We are driving in from NC the day before our cruise. How close is this to down town Charleston? Has anyone booked a room & added the transfers later?

The hotel itself is fine but is a good distance from downtown (close to 20 miles) and really not much to walk to. There is a big waterpark near it but not sure that's what you are looking for. If they have a shuttle to/from the ship it would take at least an half hour to/from the hotel with any traffic.

I would suggest looking at the other hotels (in the other thread) for park and cruise that are closer to downtown:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=University+Blvd,+North+Charleston,+South+Carolina&daddr=Charleston,+SC&hl=en&ll=32.874974,-79.957809&spn=0.218274,0.445976&sll=32.972164,-80.064497&sspn=0.027254,0.055747&geocode=FV4r9wEd5FE6-ymbX-o8mGH-iDF3yLsP4OIZSA%3BFXYh9AEd1lk8-yl3JKjcQnr-iDFr7OGu4Pf6NQ&oq=ch&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

• 1 month later...

Archived