Transatlantic?

INTERLINER13

Are transatlantic cruises just like other cruises? I saw a 12 day on Royal for 299. I am curious as to what activities they offer on them. Things such as shows and stuff.

What ship was this on and which date?

We've got a booking on the X-Atlantic aboard "Breeze". GREAT values, and you don't have to bother with very many of those pesky ports, where you may, or may not want to disembark. :confused:Activities aboard ship are basically the same as any other cruise. If you've got the time, you just can't beat the Trans Atlantic or any other repositioning cruises.

"SKY"

Jewel of the Seas. May 3-15. Im totally interested and can get the time off, problem is everyone else has trouble getting the time off.

Thanks for the help.

Wow - That is a great rate. I could not find it online. If I could find that rate I would booked it.

I did a Transatlantic on the Crown Princess May 2010... the seas were actually the smoothest the crew had seen in a long time........ it was hot sunny and felt like a caribbean cruise for the first 8 days....we had 8 solid days at sea with no land in sight... then the last 6 days were port after port after port....

I loved the TA cruise. Princess had plenty of activities to fill as much time as you wanted, and I suspect other lines that offer TA's would do the same.

We still had formal nights and evening shows.

I only wish I could have cruised back to North America instead of flying...

My Eastbound cruise on Disney's Magic in May 2010 was my best ever! I went solo so I could do what I wanted, when I wanted. The "worst" things about TAs are the airfare and the losing an hour each night for 5 or 6 nights in a row. I paid around $1000 in airfare. Almost double what the cruise cost. And I needed a daily nap. But since I was solo, was no problem. Have another booked next year....

727.92 for 2. Its so tempting. How about the seas, i know it depends on the weather but generally speanking.

I wonder how much a return flight back home would be?

When I started looking up cruises leaving from Barcelona...it completely stopped any future planning for me when I noticed that the airfare home was almost as much as what I would have paid for the cruise. :(

Hope you find a good deal on airfare and snatch up that great rate for your TA cruise! Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing cruise!!

That's the thing with TA's... airfare and multi-city or one way flights.

My mum and I got super lucky... Our's was from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome... we flew to MIA (always around the same price, and always affordable for us)

However, I came across a seat sale for a flight from ROme... $250 a seat.... we splureged on a row of 3 (it was Air Transat) for the 2 of us, booked the flight insurance with the airline and preselected seats and the total cost for that flight was less than $900 CAD for both of us....

That was the only reason we were able to go on the cruise...

SO search around, call the airlines, you might find a seat sale... I booked my cruise about this far out also...

$299 ? Is that an Interline rate ? The best I can find is $494 for an inside guarantee. Still, even that's a good rate. I say go for it.

Only 3 ports of call on this one, sometimes you can get more, but one in the Azores and 2 in France aren't too bad, and you disembark in Harwich so flight home would be from London and you sometimes can find a decent rate out of there (try Aer Lingus, usually pretty good on one-way fares).

Weather and seas in May should be good. Paris is amazing in early May if you want to schedule that either on your Cherbourg day or post-cruise.

Other than lots of sea days in a row these cruises are like any other. Our limit is usually 5 sea days in a row before we start to go stir-crazy and this one has 6, but still, the price is right!

• 3 weeks later...

I just found a transatlantic back to back possibility with no international hotels or international air fare needed. I'm very tempted. :)

Cruise #1 - Vision of the Seas

Wed Apr 17 Fort Lauderdale, FL 4:30pm

Thu Apr 18 At Sea

Fri Apr 19 At Sea

Sat Apr 20 At Sea

Sun Apr 21 At Sea

Mon Apr 22 At Sea

Tue Apr 23 At Sea

Wed Apr 24 At Sea

Thu Apr 25 At Sea

Fri Apr 26 Lisbon, Portugal 9:00am 5:00pm

Sat Apr 27 Vigo, Spain 9:00am 5:00pm

Sun Apr 28 At Sea

Mon Apr 29 Paris (Le Havre), France 8:00am 10:00pm

Tue Apr 30 London (Southampton), England 5:30am

Cruise #2 - Norwegian Breakaway

Tue Apr 30 London (Southampton), England 5:00pm

Wed May 1 At Sea

Thu May 2 At Sea

Fri May 3 At Sea

Sat May 4 At Sea

Sun May 5 At Sea

Mon May 6 At Sea

Tue May 7 New York (Manhattan), NY 8:00am

I didn't end up doing this cruise. By the time I relized how much I actually wanted to, and found a willing person to go with the rate was gone.

It was an interline rate, and airfare was not a problem. I kind of regret it, but next time I know to grab it when I can get it.

Those B2Bs look nice, I will already be out to sea during that cruise, so it is not an option for me.

Sea days are fine with me. I stopped getting off the ship in a lot of ports, and when I do it is just to the shops right around the ship.

Archived