Shopping in Amsterdam

We have done a lot of traveling and I'm way past the souvenier shopping stage, but I have 3 grandchildren - ages 8, 9 and 10 - 2 boys and a girl. My grandaugher is 10 and LOVES jewelry, but what can I get the boys other than T-shirts? I'd welcome any suggestions. We will be in Amsterdam for 3 days at the end of our cruise on the Ryndam - we leave Tampa on 4-1.

Amsterdam, like all tourist cities, is full of shops selling cheap, imported junk at high prices.

We are not great souvenir buyers but we do find the shops in museums generally offer better value and quality.

When our daughters were little, we visited Holland, Michigan and they each got wooden shoes which they loved. Now both my daughters have hardwood floors so they don't want wooden shoes to scratch the surface. I may pick up some very little ones to give to my grandchildren's teachers just to show the kids what they look like.

Re this tulipbulbs. Be sure they have a certificate in order to bring them in to the USA. Not all shops carry that.

Also cookies like Stroopwafels are everybodys favorite.

Archived