Epic Cabin questions

Gypsy-Bear

I have booked the Epic for Nov 2012. I currently have an aft balcony on deck 8.

1. I have heard mixed reviews about the aft cabins, the vibrations wont bother us are there anyother other cons?

2. Are there any advantages to the ones on the corners?

3. Bed by the balcony or by the door, which is better?

I appreciate your thoughts!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk

We had a corner aft on deck 13. the vibrations did not bother us...we only noticed vibrations when docking or departing; others seem more disturbed. If I had the choice, I would definitely take bed by balcony (our cabin was assigned as a gty so we did not get to pick...got bed by sink.) the flow is a bit better with bed by balcony. The corner aft only had one neighbor, but it is a solid side wall, so no view to the side (there was a crew stairway past that wall. Our balcony seemed to be about the same size or only slightly larger than neighbor's. I would prioritize bed by balcony over corner position when selecting an aft. It is a bit of a walk from stairs or elevator, I suppose one might consider that a plus or minus depending upon you physical condition and attitude...plus for me. Our corner aft was a nice quiet location.

I had a corner aft, the plus side was only having one neighbor, but like Starry Eyes said, the balcony and room are the same side and you don't get a side view because of the stairs to nowhere.

I had the bed by the balcony layout and loved the layout better than the bed by the sink. I saw a different corner aft balcony with the bed by the sink and during our cabin crawl we all agreed the bed by the balcony made for better flow of the room.

I am one of the people who was bothered by the vibrations and would not book an aft Epic balcony again. Our room vibrated day and night.

Love all the aft cabins but we really liked the Epic corner aft because you only have the possibility of one loud obnoxious neighbor and smoker.

The beds are also located at the balcony door which gives to better layout for the cabins particularily if someone gets up frequently through the night for the bathroom.

Bed by the balcony is better - otherwise when you flush the toilet, you can almost feel the vibrations in bed, and you might get water from the sink on the bed when you use the sink.

Grandma

I agree that having the bed by the balcony is better due to the better flow of the room and perception of increased space. However, how the heck would you almost feel a vibration? How would you even know? Also, how would you manage to get water 2 1/2 feet from the sink to the bed, especially if you're standing directly between the bed and sink? You turn the sink into a bird bath or something?

It's one thing to provide your opinion, it's another thing to offer exaggerated statements to create fear just because it's something you didn't like. We had a bed by the bathroom with 4 people in a room and would do it again in a heartbeat.

For the OP, here's a picture showing the proximity of the bed and sink. This is with the bed pulled away from the headboard. Don't worry about it.

489-vi.jpg

How do we find out the layout of our cabin? (Location of the bed)

Thank you!

Just look closely at the deck plan...you will see one wall is S-curved. The bed is in the concave part of the curve and the sofa is in the convex part of the curve. so one cabin will have the concave wall (bed) near the balcony while the one next-door has the concave part of the wall (bed) closer to the door/bath.

Archived