Door Sign Ideas w pics

LSUcajunmom

So my husband and I are leaving for our first cruise ever in May. What is the story on the door decorating? Is it a contest that the ship has or just something fun that creative peeps like to do? You guys have come up with some really cute signs! :)

Thanks!!

Just fun for us. And it helps those that are "directionally challenged" find their cabins :)

Do you remember the dimensions of the canvas for this one? I was planning on using vistaprint to make a poster, but now think that I like this idea better and that there would then be room for others to write on it if they want to leave words of advice for the bride and groom! :)

I don't remember off the top of my head, but my sister kept it so I can find out later today and let you know.

Love the flip flops!! Do you remember where you got them. Would love to add them to our door sign?

I'm pretty sure I bought them at a local party store. They were all on a string, got tangled until I figured out to roll a small piece of tape on the backside :) I bought at store here in Iowa, but I think this is the exact same thing:

http://www.partycity.com/product/flip+flop+string+decorations+7ft+6ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all&from=Search&navSet=flip+flop

I have a funny poster that I will post on our next cruise. It says: "Unattended Children will receive a cup of espresso and a free kitten".

This one made me chuckle! I could have used a couple of expressos & free kittens yesterday in the orthodontist office. Whew. ;)

Love the flip flops!! Do you remember where you got them. Would love to add them to our door sign?

That's not my door, but I bought a package of the flip flops and tropical shirt thingees on a string at my local dollar store. I just peeled the string off the back (they are secured with a small piece of tape) and then used ticky-tack to put them on my door. I keep them in an envelope and use them each cruise some how some way. SO easy to find my door!

I'm pretty sure I bought them at a local party store. They were all on a string, got tangled until I figured out to roll a small piece of tape on the backside :) I bought at store here in Iowa, but I think this is the exact same thing:

http://www.partycity.com/product/flip+flop+string+decorations+7ft+6ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all&from=Search&navSet=flip+flop

Excellent!! Thank you for that!! I've ordered some to add to our door sign!!

• 8 months later...
We are staying in the cove balconies but not dressing our doors. Have plans for the window chalk but of course no one needs to read what we post. 4 rms with complete open balconies.

we sailed the Magic in Cove balcony and really liked it ! What did you think of yours ?

I have a funny poster that I will post on our next cruise. It says: "Unattended Children will receive a cup of espresso and a free kitten".

I seriously have to quit taking a drink of soda while reading CC, had to clean my screen! Too funny!

A large group of our family went on the last cruise and had cabins scattered all over the ship. My sister went to Walmart at the last minute and got several signs from the hardware dept. ie yard sale, for rent, etc. She added in some funny comment and then schlepped around the ship, in the middle of the night, tagging everyone's doors. The best one was the sign she put on my DD and SIL's door: For Rent Oceanfront property, Current tenants are slackers. The signs helped all of us find our family member's cabins and have a few chuckles.

A large group of our family went on the last cruise and had cabins scattered all over the ship. My sister went to Walmart at the last minute and got several signs from the hardware dept. ie yard sale, for rent, etc. She added in some funny comment and then schlepped around the ship, in the middle of the night, tagging everyone's doors. The best one was the sign she put on my DD and SIL's door: For Rent Oceanfront property, Current tenants are slackers. The signs helped all of us find our family member's cabins and have a few chuckles.

OMG, that is too funny!!!

• 1 month later...
Okay I know there are plenty threads about this but I don't feel like searching and I would like pics w your ideas. We leave next Sunday on Magic and I want a simple but cute door sign. Would love to see some of yours :)

I just notice you are from Church Point. So am I. I'm not sure if it is safe to give too much personal information so all I can tell that my mother was Mrs Anna. She was the town librarian in the 60s and early 70s.

Archived