Magic - Kids & MDR

bdziewit

Just wondering if anyone who has experienced this can help. We are sailing with grandparents and kids on the Magic over the Thanksgiving break. My DH and I have both been on Carnival before, but it has been awhile. What are the rules for the MDR with regards to kids and the dress code. I wouldn't want to put them in jean shorts with flip flops, but would a nice pair of khaki shorts with a polo shirt be acceptable. They will be 15, 8 and 4 when we cruise.

Just wondering if anyone who has experienced this can help. We are sailing with grandparents and kids on the Magic over the Thanksgiving break. My DH and I have both been on Carnival before, but it has been awhile. What are the rules for the MDR with regards to kids and the dress code. I wouldn't want to put them in jean shorts with flip flops, but would a nice pair of khaki shorts with a polo shirt be acceptable. They will be 15, 8 and 4 when we cruise.

That would be fine.

We were on the Carnival Destiny last month and from what I saw, there sure wasn't any hard and fast rules..both for adults and kids. Several teen boys were in nice polo shirts and khaki shorts...others were in sleeveless tank tops??? and basketball shorts hanging down to you know where...adults :rolleyes: included and both age groups wearing baseball caps:eek: -- and before anyone asks...this was in the MDR

Takes all kinds, but nice clean shirt and cargo pants are more than ok in my opinion.

The dress code says "dress shorts" are fine for most nights. I think khaki's would be fine. But on formal nights they all need to have long pants on, something like they might wear to church on Sunday morning.

We were on the Carnival Destiny last month and from what I saw, there sure wasn't any hard and fast rules..both for adults and kids. Several teen boys were in nice polo shirts and khaki shorts...others were in sleeveless tank tops??? and basketball shorts hanging down to you know where...adults :rolleyes: included and both age groups wearing baseball caps:eek: -- and before anyone asks...this was in the MDR

Takes all kinds, but nice clean shirt and cargo pants are more than ok in my opinion.

I won't even go there since I was bashed on a previous post about cargo shorts :eek:. You know, I WILL voice my opinion again................cargo shorts and a nice clean shirt IMO is fine. AMEN!

^^^^^ x 5 - not sure how to do that...but I am with you on the bashing....I am not sure why I just spent about an hour going thru a thread someone else posted an issue about and got ripped to shreds...

*slinking back to my corner*

I won't even go there since I was bashed on a previous post about cargo shorts :eek:. You know, I WILL voice my opinion again................cargo shorts and a nice clean shirt IMO is fine. AMEN!

^^^^^ x 5 - not sure how to do that...but I am with you on the bashing....I am not sure why I just spent about an hour going thru a thread someone else posted an issue about and got ripped to shreds...

*slinking back to my corner*

Yep, you will see that from time to time! :eek: I just couldn't keep silent on this thread. I had to post my reply :p

The dress code says "dress shorts" are fine for most nights. I think khaki's would be fine. But on formal nights they all need to have long pants on, something like they might wear to church on Sunday morning.

What I can't wear shorts to church on Sunday morning lol. I can because God doesn't care what I have on.

We have 2 teens, a daughter and a son. When we sailed on the Ecstasy last summer, our kids dressed for elegant night in full dress clothes. For dinner, every other evening in the MDR, they were casual - in dress shorts (khaki, plaid, etc.) and shirts. This was the norm for every other teen on non-elegant nights. Many little girls had on dresses, but for the most part, kids were casual. We sat at a 12 person table with two other families with teens, and all of our kids were dressed the same.

I do have to say that I saw my fair share of swim wear, with a tank top on top and ball caps, and sleeveless shirts. While it did not affect my cruise experience, I find it in poor taste to wear swimwear and ball caps to the dining table.

Since the dress code for non-elegant nights does not exclude casual dress, just wear what YOU are comfortable with. We are cruising the Magic this summer, and we will do the same ;)

Archived