Norwegian Dawn Star Bar

We are thinging of venues for our vow renewal. I have been going back and forth on so many things ( it is a ways off so I have time to deliberate). I have piano music planned for my ceremony, has anyone been to the star bar and requested certain songs?

The music I have planned, some is non traditional is all piano music. We would like to put as much of ourselves into the ceremony and one song I would like played while my guests are being seated and waiting for us is a very pretty version of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters. I am wondering if I brought the sheet music if the piano player would be able to play it ( we are having our ceremony mid cruise so there would be time). Or if I have a very talented member of my family learn it if they would not mind handing over the keys so to speak for her to play it. I have one other that I would like played as I walk down the isle, same situation. I would love to have someone playing rather than a recorded version, although of course I could supply that. Any input would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinging of venues for our vow renewal. I have been going back and forth on so many things ( it is a ways off so I have time to deliberate). I have piano music planned for my ceremony, has anyone been to the star bar and requested certain songs?

The music I have planned, some is non traditional is all piano music. We would like to put as much of ourselves into the ceremony and one song I would like played while my guests are being seated and waiting for us is a very pretty version of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters. I am wondering if I brought the sheet music if the piano player would be able to play it ( we are having our ceremony mid cruise so there would be time). Or if I have a very talented member of my family learn it if they would not mind handing over the keys so to speak for her to play it. I have one other that I would like played as I walk down the isle, same situation. I would love to have someone playing rather than a recorded version, although of course I could supply that. Any input would be appreciated.

If you hire a piano player for your vow renewal, you will likely have the option of supplying the sheet music in advance for special songs that you'd like. I am sure it would be lovely if one of your family could play for you, but I wouldn't count on that. When we were on the Star, the piano player in the Star Bar played mostly classical music and older popular standards -- no pop/rock music. I would have been shocked if he knew anything by Metalica.

Can you please explain to me the cost/payment for wedding on NCL? Are you paying for ceremony and then reception is seperate..also is the reception per person no matter how many ppl???

Thanks...I love norwegian but if im understanding it correctly its just so much more expensive then carnival

Can you please explain to me the cost/payment for wedding on NCL? Are you paying for ceremony and then reception is seperate..also is the reception per person no matter how many ppl???

Thanks...I love norwegian but if im understanding it correctly its just so much more expensive then carnival

Yes, you pay for the wedding and then if you want a reception it is a separate per person charge. Do you have the NCL wedding brochure? It has a list of all of the options and prices.

Yea thanks I just kept hoping I was misreading it because I love both lines but I really wanted to do NCL especially since the time I'm looking at the **** would be the Norwegian Breakaway which looks amazing but I just feel you cant really go wrong with Carnivals wedding prices :( bummed

Archived