Arcadia World Cruise - Seychelles cancelled

CASPALL

Got a text from my friend who is on the Singapore - Cape Town sector.

She is very disappointed as they have been told that they will not be stopping at Seychelles. Don't know what the reason is.

My friend ,who has been on all the P&O ships, said that the food on Arcadia is better than other ships -very high standard, but Arcadia is showing signs of wear and tear now and needs a lot of painting and renewing - a big difference to the first time she was on Arcadia in 2005.

Caryl

Got a text from my friend who is on the Singapore - Cape Town sector.

She is very disappointed as they have been told that they will not be stopping at Seychelles. Don't know what the reason is.

My friend ,who has been on all the P&O ships, said that the food on Arcadia is better than other ships -very high standard, but Arcadia is showing signs of wear and tear now and needs a lot of painting and renewing - a big difference to the first time she was on Arcadia in 2005.

Caryl

hi caspall, your friend would find a difference from 2005 the ship was new then.

Friends who are currently on Arcadia - Sydney to UK, blogging here http://lovescruising.blogspot.com.au/ - have known about this change to the itinerary for quite some time. They are having an extra day in South Africa - can't recall where just now. Initially they said that the reason that Arcadia bypassed Sychelles was "piracy in the area" - but subsequently they have been informed (whether officially or by shipboard rumour, I don't know) that the reason is a spate of people on the Seychelles attempting to board different cruiseships that have berthed there recently - in other words, shoreside security problems. .

Barry

"hi caspall, your friend would find a difference from 2005 the ship was new then."

Yes it was our 3rd cruise and she was fairly new BUT there is no excuse to stop painting and varnishing

When I think of our cruises on Aurora and Oriana - how there were always older crew painting and varnishing

When we went on Artemis she looked terrible - uncared for almost - no painting going on there either - but they were selling her........

Arcadia will be in Durban to make up for not visiting Seychelles.

"hi caspall, your friend would find a difference from 2005 the ship was new then."

Yes it was our 3rd cruise and she was fairly new BUT there is no excuse to stop painting and varnishing

When I think of our cruises on Aurora and Oriana - how there were always older crew painting and varnishing

When we went on Artemis she looked terrible - uncared for almost - no painting going on there either - but they were selling her........

Arcadia will be in Durban to make up for not visiting Seychelles.

When we were on Arcadia recently (Sydney to Singapore) there was painting and varnishing happening on the Promenade deck. Also carpet replacement in some areas as well. So ongoing maintenance hasn't been stopped.

When we were on Arcadia recently (Sydney to Singapore) there was painting and varnishing happening on the Promenade deck. Also carpet replacement in some areas as well. So ongoing maintenance hasn't been stopped.

hi raison,

I fully agree with your post ,we were on the Arcadia from Southampton to Sydney (60 nights)and every morning we walked the promenade deck we passed the crew carrying out routine maintenance.I don,t think people should post articles unless they are certain of the facts.A ship is a work in progress therefore it must be worked on while it is at sea or docked.They seemed to go out of their way to avoid as little disruption to us passengers as they could......d&k

I was on Singapore to Sydney and they were actually physically removing the handrails from the promenade deck in small sections, taking them away and in a few days they were placed back on all varnished and looking brand new. Carpets were also being laid with new carpets loaded onto the ship in Brisbane. It was a work in progress.

I have said previously that I thoroughly enjoyed that cruise and loved being on the ship. I agree that the ship is in need for an urgent refit and have explained before that there are some maintenance problems that need attention. Example none of the whirlpool spas work at all on Arcadia and around the Neptune Pool the spas are leaking onto the deck.

I have said that none of the maintenance issues are holiday ruiners. Arcadia still provides a good cruise experience. I think the issues are that P&O need to seriously get onto the maintenance side of that ship a little more diligently rather than let the issues get out of control before it is too late.

As you can see it is still beautifull inside. There are just some minor issues creeping in that need urgent attention before they spread.

467893_10150629515729037_519959036_9284319_489247776_o.jpg

465142_10150629514949037_519959036_9284312_796903173_o.jpg

479401_10150629544714037_519959036_9284449_1483588799_o.jpg

461798_10150629539249037_519959036_9284417_74205057_o.jpg

462013_10150629539569037_519959036_9284419_1637299707_o.jpg

466128_10150629690339037_519959036_9284940_413930179_o.jpg

Archived