How late can I board the ship when docked over night?

mdorbert

Posted in an earlier thread... not really getting the info I need.

We will be docked in Civittavecchia for 2 days. Would like to know how late we can board the ship at the end of day 1. Don't want to spend the night in Rome.

Can anyone tell me how late I can get a shuttle from the port entrance to the ship?

I'm still looking and trying to figure out how late we can come back to the ship. Even if I don't go back to Rome on the second day, I'd still ike to stay in Rome on day 1 for as long as I can... I'd love to get some night photos of some of the statues lit up at night! Being as we will be there on June 30 and July 1... That means it won't be dark until around 9pm. Hoping someone on here has some feedback about boading late at night.

There is no curfew for the ship. We stayed overnight in Venice and you could come and go as you please or you could stay out all night. The same happens with the Sensation in Nassau. Just be back at the time they tell you. Maybe things have changed but we could not get a taxi from the ship to the train station in Civitavecchia even though Carnival kept telling us that there would be taxis. It's not a really long walk especially if you don't have luggage. It could also be different because this is not an embarkation/debarkation day.

We were overnight in Civitavecchia in 2007 (so not sure how much has changed with shuttle buses as we haven't been overnight again since) we caught the shuttle at about 11pm, we arrived back at Civitavecchia just after 9pm (we did Sienna from the port on public transport). Then had a very late dinner at a restaurant. There were quite a lot of crew getting on at 11 but we still know there were lots of people wandering aound when we got the bus.

I know its a totally different port, but we stayed overnight at Cozumel once ( this was because the seas were too rough to stop at Progreso)...and they made an announcement that anyone could stay onshore as long as they wanted...as long as they made it back the next afternoon when the ship sailed. We of course didnt stay overnight onshore, but did have a very fun and interesting time at Carlos & Charlies!!! Funniest part was that all of our MDR table mates ended up sitting together there...and none of us got off the ship together!! It was kinda cool walking back to the ship, seeing it all lit up in the dark..lots of pictures were taken.:)

Archived