Toddlers in the Pool

daydreamer16

There are two outdoor pools besides the water jets that exist on some S class ships. The shallower of the two pools was for kids under 16. Was talking to a girl in the hot tub who was twelve. She was telling me about this. She had been in the deeper pool with her Mom and was told that she had to leave.

They might be potty trained but are they pool trained big difference do you know that.If there is a small child in a pool i'am gone why is there a 3 year old in the pool anyway I've had two kids and they never went near a pool full of vacationing adults i sent them to the ocean bigger flushing system.

They might be potty trained but are they pool trained big difference do you know that.If there is a small child in a pool i'am gone why is there a 3 year old in the pool anyway I've had two kids and they never went near a pool full of vacationing adults i sent them to the ocean bigger flushing system.

Hmmm . . . I guess you could lower them over the side of the ship into the ocean, but I'm not sure they could keep up with the ship on sea days.

Really? A potty trained child should now not be allowed in the pool? C'mon! You can't take a kid on vacation and not let them go in the pool! Can you imagine being a kid and seeing this fun pool and not allowed to go in? Because they might choose to just pee in the pool? I think some people need to look for adults only resorts.

I am quite frankly more concerned about the people sitting in the pool and hot tub for hours sipping drinks and not getting out.

What did you do with them when they peed in the bath tub.:eek:

What did you do with them when they peed in the bath tub.:eek:

I'm sure they didn't jump in and swim in it with them.

"In the article "The Germy Truth about Public Swimming Pools", Connie Chettle discusses two pathogens, Cryptosporidium and Giardia, that cause diarrheal illnesses associated with swimming pools and water parks. These bugs are commonly found in recreational water because they can withstand chlorination. Cryptosporidium, for example, is highly resistant to chlorine and survives up to eleven days in chlorinated pool water because it is small enough to escape pool filters. Giardia, on the other hand, is moderately resistant to chlorine and only survives about an hour because its larger structure can be trapped by pool filtration.

Both of these pathogens are transmitted by the fecal to oral route. This means the parasites are transmitted through stool that comes in contact with a person's mouth. In the swimming pool, infected stool gets in the water, most commonly because of children and babies in diapers. The contaminated water is then ingested by other swimmers, leading to infection."

More HERE

CDC Report on public pools:

http://www.cdc.gov/Features/PoolParasites/

I'm sure they didn't jump in and swim in it with them.

"In the article "The Germy Truth about Public Swimming Pools", Connie Chettle discusses two pathogens, Cryptosporidium and Giardia, that cause diarrheal illnesses associated with swimming pools and water parks. These bugs are commonly found in recreational water because they can withstand chlorination. Cryptosporidium, for example, is highly resistant to chlorine and survives up to eleven days in chlorinated pool water because it is small enough to escape pool filters. Giardia, on the other hand, is moderately resistant to chlorine and only survives about an hour because its larger structure can be trapped by pool filtration.

Both of these pathogens are transmitted by the fecal to oral route. This means the parasites are transmitted through stool that comes in contact with a person's mouth. In the swimming pool, infected stool gets in the water, most commonly because of children and babies in diapers. The contaminated water is then ingested by other swimmers, leading to infection."

More HERE

CDC Report on public pools:

http://www.cdc.gov/Features/PoolParasites/

Your information is good, however the highlighted part is highly speculative. Hundreds of kids, drunk adults, and senior citizens are just as likely to be responsible for the microscopic amounts of release necessary as what might leach out of an infants diaper. Truth is, there is absolutely no way to quantify this.

Really? A potty trained child should now not be allowed in the pool? C'mon! You can't take a kid on vacation and not let them go in the pool! Can you imagine being a kid and seeing this fun pool and not allowed to go in? Because they might choose to just pee in the pool? I think some people need to look for adults only resorts.

I am quite frankly more concerned about the people sitting in the pool and hot tub for hours sipping drinks and not getting out.

I agree!

It's usually the SUN that fades your swimsuits....not chlorine or salt water! I have a suit with a "charm" that hangs on the outside.....the suit faded, but NOT under the charm! So, it's light..not chemicals, as the entire suit would have faded...inside and UNDER the charm...but that's not the case! Only where sunlight hit was faded.

So, save your money on those "swimsuit" wash things stores try to sell you...they make no difference at all...you'll simply be out the $$$!

As far as the pool...pee away...no one CARES about urine...it's fecal material. Even in a "swim diaper", the poop will have pool water circulating around it, putting e-coli into the water. A swim diaper is but a "fecal teabag", if you will. Not healthy for anyone, especially the other kids!

It's usually the SUN that fades your swimsuits....not chlorine or salt water! I have a suit with a "charm" that hangs on the outside.....the suit faded, but NOT under the charm! So, it's light..not chemicals, as the entire suit would have faded...inside and UNDER the charm...but that's not the case! Only where sunlight hit was faded.

So, save your money on those "swimsuit" wash things stores try to sell you...they make no difference at all...you'll simply be out the $$$!

While the sun undoubtedly fades your suit, chlorine (bleach) also takes the color out.

A couple of years ago, one of my friends and I were attending a business conference in Phoenix and decided to try out the pool after dinner. When we got to the pool area, we found that the main pool was already locked (9:30 p.m.) so we sat in the empty kiddie pool for a while and chatted while we cooled off. The next morning both of our suits, which had never been worn before, were faded so badly that they were unwearable. The hotel replaced both suits.

So is everyone going to give me the evil stink eye when my potty trained almost 3 year old who has been swimming since 6 months is in the pool? I swear we have never had an accident and she is fully potty trained and is able to tell me when she needs to potty (pee or poo). I promise we won't spread e coli. :D

Archived