Oceanview rooms on decks 1&2

alise007

I have only cruised in a balcony on either deck 7/8 with Royal Carib to Alaska about 7 yrs ago.

I am interested in an Oceanview room on the Sept 22 Canada/New England. Carnival Glory

What is it like on the bottom floors? Anything we should consider or be aware of? Elevator waits or are their stairs avail? If we are on the 2nd level do we need to be concerned with noise from 3rd deck??? Looks like it houses a lot of public spaces.

It sounds like a the views won't be missed from a balcony with most of the travel between ports at night so didn't think it would be worth it to pay extra for a balcony this trip. Just seems weird being so close to the water!

We have always been on deck 2, no it is not noisy at all. There are stairs and never had too much of an issue waiting on elevators. The ships are so big you aren't really too close to the water.

I've been on the 2nd floor (Main deck) on the Glory and on the 1st floor (Riveria) twice on the Conquest (her sister ship). No noise in either case. But I was forward on both. There may be noise from the galley on the 2nd floor midship. Personally, I prefer the Riveria deck simply because it is under another row of cabins. Plus, when you exit in port, you get off on deck 0...one flight of stairs and you are back in your room.

thanks for the replies! My coworker had been on a Carnival cruise to the Caribbean and she told me there were long lines on the elevator because they didn't have stairs all the way down. Which I know can't be right just for fire safety!!!

Would Forward or Aft make any difference that low? I think we were midship before but neither one of us are motion sick prone.

On my mother-in-law's first(and last cruise-she is still living, I am just not going to be take her again-kept telling my husband he owed me for life-he finally understood the last day:D)cruise and when I told her we got her an oceanview on the second floor, she freaked out-she said she did not want to look our her window and be under water!! One of our few laughs on this cruise!

I vote for mid-ship.

On my mother-in-law's first(and last cruise-she is still living, I am just not going to be take her again-kept telling my husband he owed me for life-he finally understood the last day:D)cruise and when I told her we got her an oceanview on the second floor, she freaked out-she said she did not want to look our her window and be under water!! One of our few laughs on this cruise!

I vote for mid-ship.

For some reason, when I mention to my mother than I am on the Main deck, she says "are you above water level"? :confused::eek: I don't get why she would think you would be. What is this "20,000 Leagues under the Sea"?

I'll be in an OV on the Freedom (sailing April 15). I like the lower two decks..have no problem with them. I originally booked an inside on Deck 7 but we were upgraded to OV. We are right outside the glass elevators..they call it midship, but it's slightly forward (or maybe 1/4 of the way towards midship).

Enjoy your cruise. You'll be fine on Riviera..has bonuses as others said.

One thing to be aware of is that, according to reviews, there is a crew bar somewhere below the Riviera Deck, which is very noisy at night. Nobody seems to know exactly where it is, and Carnival won't tell where it is. For that reason, I avoid the entire Riviera Deck, even though I know most of it's probably quiet. You're better off with the Main Deck, since you know exactly what is directly above you. On the Main Deck, I suggest being below the seating area of one of the dining rooms. That's usually quiet. I've been told that below the theater or below the galley are both noisy. I've heard mixed reviews about being below the lobby. The Main Deck you know what you are getting yourself into, but the Riviera Deck you are taking a gamble, unless someone can tell you exactly which rooms are above the crew bar.

Archived