Grandeur Management Issues

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO SOLVE MANAGEMENT ISSUES  

35 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO SOLVE MANAGEMENT ISSUES

• Management Training and Development
    • Weekly meetings and Ways to improve Communication

GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS Apr 8 - Apr 15 2005

1. Embarkation was a bit slow, but once we boarded and got settled our stateroom attendant made us feel right at home. Thank you Very Much!!

2. I would like to point out my husband and i had a late seating in the great gatsby dining room, which could not be changed as there was no room for us, so we opted for the casual dining instead. To our suprise we we greeted at the door every evening by friendly staff, who showed us to the buffet.

However the headwaiter Stephen from India was very unpleasant and rude. Even to staff on many a occasions, we noticed him being very abrupt and rude, sometimes even shouting at staff infront of guests. Which made our dining experience very unpleasant and uncomfortable. The waiter who served us was outstanding very helpful and did everything to make up for the headwaiters rude manner.

When i approached our waiter he had little to say on the matter, quite frankly afraid to speak out. The headwaiter throughout the cruise did not even walk over and ask how our meal was or find out how we were.

Is this the way we treat our hard working staff and guests who are on vacation?

It has made my husband and i very uncertain about taking another cruise onboard another Royal Caribbean Ship in the near future

Hope this will encourage Royal Caribbean to focus on Management skills as there seems to be a lack of it on this particular ship.

Look forward to any feedback you might have to add

3. Ports of call were all up to standard and enjoyed most of the activies on and off the ship

I have been on 19 cruises with RCI and had one head waiter with the same

attitude as the one you talked about.I went up to him on the way out of

the dinning room room and told him I didnt think his attude was in the best

intrest of the customers or the wait staff.I used a little stronger wording

than that.I would not let one bad head waiter keep me from cruising RCI.

We were on the 3/26 cruise on the Grandeur. Stephan was our head waiter also. He was very professional and pleasant. I did not see him interact with the staff like you did but he did greet us each evening.

Sher

Were there other management issues on your cruise other than the Head Waiter in the Windjammer? If not, a full scale Management training program is not necessary to deal with one individual. Also, if I really enjoyed RCI the action(s) of one employee would certainly not stop me from cruising with RCI again. Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We took the Legend Hawaii cruise in March and had a terrible experience with lack of service in the dining room. We were at a table for 2 and were the last people our waiter catered to. My husband was ready to stop cruising it was so bad. However, we had a wonderful cruise last December on the Norwegian Dawn and loved having the freestyle dining experience of choosing from 10 different type restaurants every day. We are taking another RCI cruise in October on Jewel and again in February on Enchantment. If they turn out to be as disappointing as our cruise on Legend, we are switching to Norwegian where we can pick and choose our waiters and restaurants. I want to try Princess Cruises too because they have two freestyle dining rooms in addition to their traditional dining. I am hoping that there will be more restaurants to choose from on Jewel and that will make the difference on our next RCI cruise. I remeber having a problem on a Carnival cruise and getting a plate of strawberries and bottle of wine--but not even an apology on our RCI cruise on Legend. It was a big dissapointment after months of anticipation.

Archived