Which would you choose?

Hi

I posted this over on the CCL board as well, and just want as many opinions as possible.

:) Hi

Okay!

I finally have my next Spring Breaks Trip narrowed down to these two cruises...Carnival Breeze 8 day Southern out of Miami or RCCL Indepence 8 day Eastern out of FLL.

Both are about the same price right now. Both aft facing balconies. I like both itineraries equally.

I have never sailed either RCCL or CCL, only Disney (several times.) Disney is WAY to expensive now, so not even a consideration.

My concerns are...the Indepence goes to Europe and into drydock right after this cruise, so I am worried how clean and kept up it will be. Will the crew be "off" and let things go a bit. It is an older ship. Daughter loves the idea of the Florider.

Breeze will be less then a year old when I cruise. The rope course looks fun.

Condition of the Independence will not be an issue. Regardless of when the drydock is planned, the condition of the ship will be excellent. I vote for the Independence. I've cruised both lines and think that RCCL's ships are a bit classier with a few more bells and whistles. Love that Royal Promenade!

Tough choice:

• I prefer southern routes
  • I think service on RCI will be closer to what you are used to on Disney
  • Do not think you will be disappointed with either

I have never been on Carnival .. but think I would choose Carnival given these two choices.

I'm not worried about either being a "bad" choice. I'm really just second guessing myself. I had already booked the Independence...I was actually able to snag the much talked about aft corner cabin 1400...when I heard about the drydock, when I began to worry.

The more research I do about the Breeze, the more I like it....I just don't know. I am worried about the super saver and won't book until sure, I hate the idea of losing my deposit.

I just hope something I hear here will help tip me oneway or the other.

Any ships on the Freedom Class are not old. The FOS went into drydock last spring before I boarded in the summer. A lot of it is just adding updated technology, etc. You can google what the updates are for that ship

We have the Carnival Magic here is Texas where I live. I would pick Oasis Class over it anyday, but Magic is close with no airfare.:( So we most likely will do C Magic over Oasis Class. At least I can compare the 2 lines

Not sure if this helps much, but we've sailed on the Freedom of the Seas and the Magic (sister ships of the Indy and the Breeze) We were really surprised how much we enjoyed the Magic, but in comparison to the Freedom, we enjoyed the Freedom a bit more. I really can't pin point what it is except for the crowds-we felt more crowded on the Magic then the Freedom-obviously this will depend on when you go (for us, Freedom-September and Magic-January...neither of which were during normal school break times) but I feel that RC does a bit of a better job w/ controlling crowds overall.

Since you've already booked the Indy, go and have a blast! I loved that class (close 2nd to the Oasis for us) but plan on doing the Dream class someday-we really had a blast and the Red Frog Pub is a great new addition on the Magic and the Breeze-very Caribbean feeling bar w/ outdoor seating. We were there every day on our cruise!!

Oh, and super jealous of the aft room!!! I would love to try it someday!!!

I would go for the Independence. Haven't been on her, but her sister ship Freedom was amazing. A lot to do, very nice crew, great food. It doesn't matter if you cruise before or after a drydock, the ships are in great shape, clean, friendly staff. I haven't cruised on another line, because I just love the WOW factor on RCI.

Whatever you chose, have a great cruise. Your daughter will love the flowrider, looked like a lot of fun

Cindy

Archived