Carnival Pride Review April 1-8th-pics

Oh wow. They had them on the Liberty last March. I wonder why they'd get rid of them? I remember when we first started cruising they were glass. Long time ago.

We are doing this itinerary at the end of the month. I can't wait to look at your pics when I get home. Do you by any chance have pics of the menus? Debating on which night to do the steakhouse.

Nice review and pics. I would love to see a link to all your pictures in photobucket if you are willing to share. Also, do you know what time they started to let VIP's go on the ship on embarkation day?

Thanks

Sorry I did not get pics of the menu. If I were you I'd do the steakhouse on the Freepoert day. If I remember nothing was really super tasty for me on the menu that night.

I am not sure about VIP. I think it was about 12 or so. I can't wait to be Platnium! 2 more to go!

I will post the link to the album when I get home. At the dr getting my allergy shot now! Didn't miss this for sure!

Thanks for the review. I'll be getting on her on Sunday...can't wait. And can't wait to do the martini tasting. Which martini was your fave?

We are doing this itinerary at the end of the month. I can't wait to look at your pics when I get home. Do you by any chance have pics of the menus? Debating on which night to do the steakhouse.

I booked it for the 3rd night. The first night gets you a free bottle of wine, but I went by the dessert menu in the MDR. Night 1 is creme brulee and I can't miss that. Night 2 is elegant night...don't wanna miss that. Night 4 is bitter and blanc and night 6 is amaretto cake and night 7 is grand marnier souffle...can't miss those. Could have done night 5, but the main courses looked better than on night 3. Night 5 will be my WCMC night. MMMMMM!!!! :D

Thanks for the review. I'll be getting on her on Sunday...can't wait. And can't wait to do the martini tasting. Which martini was your fave?

I booked it for the 3rd night. The first night gets you a free bottle of wine, but I went by the dessert menu in the MDR. Night 1 is creme brulee and I can't miss that. Night 2 is elegant night...don't wanna miss that. Night 4 is bitter and blanc and night 6 is amaretto cake and night 7 is grand marnier souffle...can't miss those. Could have done night 5, but the main courses looked better than on night 3. Night 5 will be my WCMC night. MMMMMM!!!! :D

LOL, we are going on the Pride in July on the same itinerary and I was also thinking of doing the steakhouse on the 3rd night due to the over-all menu choices!

To the OP - I love to see pictures like this...we were on the Pride back in Dec of '10 but I just can't get enough! Looking forward to seeing all the pics from the link. Thanks for the great write up!

Nice review and pics. I would love to see a link to all your pictures in photobucket if you are willing to share. Also, do you know what time they started to let VIP's go on the ship on embarkation day?

Thanks

Here is the link: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z17/Hammyluv2001/Carnival%20Pride%20April%202012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ28

LOL, we are going on the Pride in July on the same itinerary and I was also thinking of doing the steakhouse on the 3rd night due to the over-all menu choices!

To the OP - I love to see pictures like this...we were on the Pride back in Dec of '10 but I just can't get enough! Looking forward to seeing all the pics from the link. Thanks for the great write up!

No problem. I love reading reviews before I go. And like to share mine as well!

The pomegranate breeze was my favorite. They were all pretty sweet though.

I had two friends on the scuba excursion in Grand Turk and sadly the young boy did pass. They were witness to the whole incident. :(

Personally, this cruise was a huge disappointment. Service, food, activities were extremely lacking.

What is that brown thing that is on the bed? I have seen it in almost every picture...

So we booked this cruise around Christmas, when I was itching to cruise NOW. (We have one booked for October, but, well I am impatient. I am a teacher and had of this week for spring break and we didn't want to fly because of the expense. We live about an hour from the port so this was a great bet.

It was my husband (43), myself (42), two kids (16 and 18). We had another adult couple that came with us well. I had preorderd three bottles of wine for out stateroom through the bon voyage dept on line. I also ordered a bottle of malibu rum for dh through them as well. (You have to call and order liquor.) Each adult also carried on a bottle of wine. We also took some soda as well. You need to carry on your drinks.

We got to the port right around 11 am. Here is a view of the ship as we drove up.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z17/Hammyluv2001/Carnival%20Pride%20April%202012/1Apr1theresheis.jpg

We paid our 100 plus dollars to park and proceeded to the baggage area where we dropped of our luggage. You then go and park so you only have to carry your carryons with you into the terminal. We went through security very quickly and we were checked in within 15 minutes. Then we were asked to sit in a waiting area where they basically told you exactly where to sit. (They didn't do zone tags, but dismissed you by row when it was time for your to board) We waited for about 30 minutes before boarding. We headed to the lido deck and all of the stations were open to begin our week of food, food, and more food! Here are our first drink of the days.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z17/Hammyluv2001/Carnival%20Pride%20April%202012/2Apr1dod.jpg

And my first Reuben:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z17/Hammyluv2001/Carnival%20Pride%20April%202012/3Apr1RBN.jpg

We explored a bit and checked out the ship some. It was not a warm day in Baltimore by any stretch of the imagination, so the lido festivities were at a minimun.

We ventured to our room. This was 7137, balcony

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z17/Hammyluv2001/Carnival%20Pride%20April%202012/6Apr17137bed.jpg

And our beverages:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z17/Hammyluv2001/Carnival%20Pride%20April%202012/5Apr1liq.jpg

More to come!

I had two friends on the scuba excursion in Grand Turk and sadly the young boy did pass. They were witness to the whole incident. :(

Personally, this cruise was a huge disappointment. Service, food, activities were extremely lacking.

So sad. I am so sorry for that family. Not sure what happened exactly, but very very sad.

Like I said in my review we did find the service not to be as good as in the past on other Carnival ships. I thought the food was ok. The entertainment was ok too. But you are right, it did not seem like there was a lot going on most of the times. I was thinking the weather kinda put a damper on that as well. Not to mention not getting the new comedians on board.

All nights are WCMC for me with the exception of B&B night. I also order the fresh fruit to dip in the chocolate.

Very nice review. I have a question that might be more Carnival generic but I'm looking at summer cruises on the Pride it would be me, my mom (70) and my 14 yo. Would our age mix be Ok for the ship? Is there somewhere my mom could get coffee and a pastry in the morning? We were on the Caribbean Princess and she loved the little coffee place - we bought a coffee card for her and she was in heaven

We took a cab into "town", which consisted of a combination of what we would probably consider shacks and a few pretty nice small houses. There were cars up on blocks everywhere. I can see why, the roads were terrible! We went out the the lighthouse which was very nice and saw various animals wandering around the streets. Donkeys, horses, cows, and a bunch of dogs. Our cab driver was Sammy and gave us a nice tour of the town and some history about Grand Turk.

Thanks for a great review. Do you remember approximately how long was your tour & the cost? I'll be in Grand Turk in June from 7-2:30 & would like to see some of the island(well atleast the light house) plus spend time & both Margaritaville & the beach, and of course a little shopping.

I was there last year & did the stingray excursion, which didnt leave me with much time for anything else. Actually I didnt even realize there was anything past the cruise center, until I saw pics in someone's review. So this year I was thinking of doing the Coast to Coast excursion, but others have said its not worth the $70 Carnival is asking.

Hi there, what a nice review! I am trying to figure out which side of the ship to book (right now booked on starboard?) and I would love to know which way the ship faced at each of the ports you were in? I know it may change, but especially in Baltimore as my kids will want to wave goodbye if in any way possible when leaving, they will have binoculars in tow, not even sure if this is a possibility!!

Thanks for the review!

Very nice review. I have a question that might be more Carnival generic but I'm looking at summer cruises on the Pride it would be me, my mom (70) and my 14 yo. Would our age mix be Ok for the ship? Is there somewhere my mom could get coffee and a pastry in the morning? We were on the Caribbean Princess and she loved the little coffee place - we bought a coffee card for her and she was in heaven

Absolutely, there are infants to seniors on these ships. There may be more kids in the summer since they are off of school, so keep that in mind. You can get coffee and pastries, I think until 11. But you can get coffee all day. There is also two speciality coffee shopes on the Pride that you can pay for fancier coffee! Hope this helps. Oh, and your 14 year old will be in heaven!

Thanks for a great review. Do you remember approximately how long was your tour & the cost? I'll be in Grand Turk in June from 7-2:30 & would like to see some of the island(well atleast the light house) plus spend time & both Margaritaville & the beach, and of course a little shopping.

I was there last year & did the stingray excursion, which didnt leave me with much time for anything else. Actually I didnt even realize there was anything past the cruise center, until I saw pics in someone's review. So this year I was thinking of doing the Coast to Coast excursion, but others have said its not worth the $70 Carnival is asking.

The tour to the lighthouse was $18 a person. There really isn't that much to see on the way out there. I am glad we went, but don't expect any "town" to speak of.

Be warned about margaritaville, they are in no hurry to serve you there. Slow as molasses. I don't know if it is the culture or what. LOL!

Hi there, what a nice review! I am trying to figure out which side of the ship to book (right now booked on starboard?) and I would love to know which way the ship faced at each of the ports you were in? I know it may change, but especially in Baltimore as my kids will want to wave goodbye if in any way possible when leaving, they will have binoculars in tow, not even sure if this is a possibility!!

Thanks for the review!

In Baltimore you want to be starboard to wave goodbye to the parking lot folks.

Grand Turk: We docked with starboard toward the dock and facing the other ship. Port side was the Grand Turk side.

You tender in HMC and we didn't make it to Freeport so don't know about that.

Archived