Luggage questions please :)

ladybugpug

My family of 5 is leaving for our very first cruise on the 22nd. I read on the NCL site that we can bring 2 bags per person. Does this include our carryons and does it include the case of soft drinks I am planning on bringing?

If the suitecase is over 50 pound limit is it not allowed or just considered two?

Also do they just x-ray the carry ons or do they open and go through them?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I am clueless.

TIA for any help! :)

My family of 5 is leaving for our very first cruise on the 22nd. I read on the NCL site that we can bring 2 bags per person. Does this include our carryons and does it include the case of soft drinks I am planning on bringing?

If the suitecase is over 50 pound limit is it not allowed or just considered two?

The official policy of 2 bags per person (50 lb max per bag) is never enforced. Therefore, you do not need to worry about a case of soda being counted as extra. You should try to observe the 50-lb limit only because it's a safety precaution for the baggage handlers. But they do not actually weigh your bags.

Yes, they do x-ray all the carry-ons and will only open them in your presence if something catches their eye on the scanner (i.e., something that looks like contraband).

John's answer is spot on. :)

Just in case:

Slap a luggage tag on your soda and have it delivered with your luggage.

Let your steward know you would like to use the refrigerator and have him remove the contents. He may just move them to a shelf, so if you want the items out of your cabin, say so specifically.

Have fun!

John's answer is spot on. :)

Just in case:

Slap a luggage tag on your soda and have it delivered with your luggage.

Let your steward know you would like to use the refrigerator and have him remove the contents. He may just move them to a shelf, so if you want the items out of your cabin, say so specifically.

Have fun!

More good advice, tyvm! I'm assuming the items in the fridge are $$ items?

Yes, items are priced. And after the first cruise, we now just remove them ourselves, unless the room steward isn't looking too busy. We just put them in a drawer or shelf and leave a note the last night as to where they are...and that none were used. The last day Freestyle usually says the refridge will have to be inventoried, stocked, locked, and accounts adjusted the last night. We ask the room steward to hold off until the next morning so our soft drinks will stay cold through the night. And...as others said, number of bags are never counted. Whatever you give the dock side porter they will gladly take for you.....of course the porter does like to maybe see a $5 bill. A few port porters seem to not take tagged soft drink packs though. We just carry on a couple of 12 packs ourselves in a cheap duffle bag carried on a small 2 wheel hand cart...also carrying our other carry ons. Then the duffle bag can be used to take home dirty clothes, etc. Hope you really enjoy your cruise. We sure do.

I am not one to carry on soda or anything else to drink or eat SO I am so thankful to see that they have Pepsi in the mini fridge instead of Coke. I love having a soda at my disposal at a moments notice if I need it and the bonus is it's PEPSI! Yeah! Thanks for posting the mini bar menu!:)

If you are flying to your cruise remember that there are very strict airline limits on the weight of your checked baggage, and on the size of your carry-on bags. Check with your airline.

Archived