Do you bring your own beach towels?

jlk806

you can rinse the micro fiber towels in the sink or shower. As I said before they dry very fast, especially if you have a balcony. They literally can fold into your pocket and are 3 X 4 feet. So they do not take up any space or weight.

I guess I am the odd one here, but we do bring our own if going to the beach. I buy the really inexpensive ones so I can toss them if want to.

Why do I do this? For one thing the ship's towels are really heavy and when they are wet they are even heavier. So I wouldn't want to lug them around the port the rest of the day. Secondly, I have seen the ship's towels left behind by others and if you don't return them to your cabin you will be charged for them. To me it is just easier to bring some cheap ones or old ones along.

I do the same thing...luv them on the ship but waaayyy too heavy to lug off the ship.

Or just use the ship ones? I know you can take one off the ship, but Im just wondering how many people just bring their own? We are doing a dolphin swim as a shore excursion and a beach day so we will definitely need towels while off the ship. Just wondering what all of you pro cruisers would do so I dont unnecessarily overpack (because I will do that anyhow:rolleyes:)

I definitely take ship towels. IF I ever lost one I would rather pay for replacement than use the packing space to bring my own.

When you return to ship after port there is usually a towel exchange to replace your dirty ones.

When our kids were teens I took thin beach towels.

As soon as we got to the cabins, the Carnival beach towels went into the top of the closet with the cokes and bottled water that Carnival would leave on the counter for sale.

Plus mini fridge was emptied or locked.

None of that stuff was in the travel budget.

Now sailing, without them, is calmner and simpler, but less interesting for sure

Or just use the ship ones? I know you can take one off the ship, but Im just wondering how many people just bring their own? We are doing a dolphin swim as a shore excursion and a beach day so we will definitely need towels while off the ship. Just wondering what all of you pro cruisers would do so I dont unnecessarily overpack (because I will do that anyhow:rolleyes:)

We always bring our own. Carnival's are nice- but really bulky. We found really thin full sized beach towels on Amazon.