The Rules of the MDR

Just FYI: The proper name for that utensil is "runsible spoon". Pronounced Roon-si-bull spoon. It's mentioned in the old poem "the owl and the pussy cat".

Just trivia.

So does that mean it is a "spoon" and goes on the right side of the plate? :confused::D

I hope everyone can live up to your set of rules so that YOU have a nice experience in the dining room. Unfortunately, I feel that you are going to be disappointed.

I have one rule for the dining room: Mind your own business and don't worry about what other people are doing.

Outstanding rule! +1

Most of your "rules" are what we in the "old" days referred to as common sense...but I do take exception to this one:

12. If you ordered the wine package kindly offer to see if anyone wants a glass or two if you know you can't finish the bottle. A lot of times they will reciprocate.

I do not expect to share my wine package with anyone not in my party..nor do I expect anyone else to share theirs...I wouldn't expect them to share their coke, ice tea or other drink...why would I expect them to share the wine?

Well said

Just FYI: The proper name for that utensil is "runsible spoon". Pronounced Roon-si-bull spoon. It's mentioned in the old poem "the owl and the pussy cat".

Just trivia.

Its spelt runcible but it is a word made up by Lear and doesn't really exist.

OK, so for grins and giggles (edited version for CC), I'm sitting at the counter at home and have just finished eating a microwave cooked baked potato.

I tried that thing with the silverware (aka cutlery). You know, placing them parallel on the plate to signal I was done.

Sure enough, as soon as I got them pointed to the previously instructed angle, one of the cats jumped up on the counter and helped themselves to the left over butter.

Sure glad I taught them manners. :D

I have my cat, Buster, trained so that if he ventures too close to the dinner plate, I tell him, "You have not been invited.". Then he will sit down politiely and wait until he is.

But he's a Siamese, and they're a bit pretentious. ;):D

LOL! You almost made me spit my coffee! I had a visual of people sitting at the table and passing the bottle around and everybody drinking from it! LOL! That made my morning!

You laugh. Well, so did I. But you *have* just described the "party barge from hell" table next to us on our last cruise. They were ... fun :D

Archived