Quick question about disembarkation on the Dream.

cruzlovr75

Hi. We're leaving today, I have a quick question. We are on deck 2 of the Dream. If we chose self-disembarkation what time would they make us get off the ship? If we chose to put our luggage out the night before what time would we get off? The reason I am asking is because our hotel arranged our return to the airport pick-up time at 9am, there was only 2 time slots 9 or 11? Which I cannot understand because its a taxi and we pre-paid it already. Shouldn't we be able to choose our own pick-up time? We are going to have to wait at the airport for 4 hours before our flight leaves. I was hoping not to have to run off the ship, I'd like to have breakfast on there? I am just wondering if I should change this time? Thanks.

It really depends on what time Customs clears the ship. Debark usually starts around 7 if there are no delays. You do not have to get of that early if you do not want to. Breakfast starts at 6:00 on the Lido so you will have time for breakfast prior to debark.

In March, our luggage had to be ready by 10 or 11 pm the previous evening. We cleared customs pretty early, and the disembark process started around 6:45 am. Since we did not choose self-assist, we were called by zones. They called several zones at the same time, so it took about an hour (of standing in line) to get off the ship, and out of the terminal. I think we were in the second group so we were called around 8:15, got off the boat around 9, and it took another 15 minutes to clear immigration, and find our bags on the carousel. In your situation, I would suggest lining up as soon as they call self-assist but keep in mind that you have to be able to carry all of your luggage upstairs to get off the boat. I hope this helps!

When we were on Dream in Feb, self debarkation starting about 6:45 AM. We were in zone 1 and we were called approximately 7:15.

We woke up at 6, went to breakfast in the MDR and were at the place zone 1 people were to meet by 7:10 and as soon as we got there, we were led off the ship. I think breakfast in the MDR stops at 8, but I think the buffet goes a while longer. It's not as long as usual though.

I think the latest called zone is about 9 or 9:30. They want everyone out of the cabins by 8AM so that the stewards can start cleaning for the next group of passengers. There is really nothing to do but sit in a lounge after you have to be out of the cabin, so I don't want to just hang around.

Thank you for the helpful info. Unfortunately it looks like we will be waiting quite a while at MCO as our flight doesn't leave until after 1:30pm. :(

Go find a bar at MCO and have a cold one or two! :)

Archived