Twice Baked Boursin Cheese Souffle, roasted sweet garlic veloute

Double Beef Consomme, sweet garlic flan

Salsify & Black Truffle Veloute, slow braised veal "vol au vent"

Young Spinach & Shaved Fennel Salad, herbed croutins, red wines vinaigrette

Braised Leeks Confit with Crunchy Onions, mustard and sherry vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Mustard Coated Salmon, three beans, shaved fennel, bell pepper coulis

Marinated Loster Tail, lemon risotto, green asparagus, newburg sauce

Roasted Rack of Lamb Provencale, gratin potatoes, ratatouille, sweet garlic, rosemary jus

Filet of Beef Wellington, sauteed vegetables, pommes dauphine, madeira jus

Vegetarian-Cavatappi Pasta, wild mushrooms, goat cheese

Restaurant 2;

Chef's Cocktail; Crispy Foie Gras, Port Wine Splash

Lobster Roll, Yiogurt Caviar Sauce

Bacalaito Fritter, Avocado & Tomato Salad

Seared Panela Salmon, White Bean Salsa, Piquillo Coulis

Shiraz Braised Oxtail Presse, Manchego Potstickers

White Asparagus Vanilla Cappuccino, Mushroom Toast

Drunken Turbot, Porcini & Swiss Chard, Hazelnut Vinaigrette

Tuscany Braised Veal, Mascarpone Mashed Potato

Dark Chocolate Ganache, Espresso Citrus Panna Cotta, Condensed Milk Ice Cream

The Colonnade- STEAK HOUSE

APPETIZERS

Seared Beef Tataki

Pickled Vegetables, Ponzu Jelly, Tahini Puree

or

Roasted Garlic Soup, Chive Chantilly

Crunchy Rosemary Brioche

or

Crispy Corn Crusted Prawn

Fennel Slaw, Romesco Sauce

MAIN COURSE

Cowboy Steak

Filet of Beef Tenderloin

Veal Chop

Filet of Frsh Salmon

with Lemon caper Sauce

Served with Sweet Peas & Corn

Truffled Mashed Potatoes, Caramelized Onions Jus

DESSERTS

Fresh Blueberry Cheese Cake, Graham Cracker

Walnut Tuille

or

Port Wine Poached Pears, Lemon Sherbert

White Chocolate Crisp

PATIO GRILL- CHOP HOUSE

APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Arugula and Watermelon Salad

Prawn Cocktail with Horseradish CReam

Marinated White Anchoives

Air Dried Beed, Pickled Vegetables

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Frutti di Mare

Parma, Brie and Carciofi

Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Brie Cheese, Artichokes, Prosciutto

PASTA

Pappadelle with Braised Short Rib

English Peas, Cipollini Onions, cherry Tomatoes

Parmigiano-Reggiano

FROM THE GRILL

Beef Ribeye Steak 16oz

Veal Chop 12 oz

Single Bone Lamb Chops 10oz

Fresh Salmon Cotelette 10oz

SIDINGS

Mixed Vegetables, Sauteed Spinach

Truffled French Fries

SAUCES

Bernaise, Peppercorn, Garlic Butter

DESSERTS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Assorted Cheese Plate

Chocolate Pot de Creme

Mango Tartelette

Frsh Fruits

Ice Cream & Sorbert

Day 10: Ajaccio, Corsica, France 9:00am-6:00pm

Good morning from Seabourn "Sleepy" Square. Just got here and of course no one here but Kevin and I with my chocolate muffin and triple shot Americano waiting for me....almost like a Swiss Clock this Kevin.

It's still pitch dark outside although sunrise is called for 6:28am. I can't even tell what the weather will be like outside as it's too dark to tell.

I am not holding my breath today for Ajaccio, since it's a Sunday and many things will be closed but will see what kind of trouble we can get ourselves into.

A bit of background on Ajaccio;

Ajaccio is a commune on the island of Corsica in France. It is the capital and largest city of the region of Corsica and the prefecture of the department of Corse-du-Sud.

Ostensibly, Napoleon Bonaparte was born at Ajaccio in the same year as the battle of Ponte Nova, 1769. The Bonapartes at the time had a modest four-story home in town (now a museum now known as Casa Bonaparte) and a rarely used country home in the hills north of the City (now site of the Arboretum des Milelli).

The Colonnade opens this morning at 8:00am until 10:00am and the Restaurant opens at 8:00am until 9:00am. I have a funny feeling that Colonnade will be "attacked" from 8:00am until 9:00am just before the ship arrives in Ajaccio, Corsica.

We'll I now going to enjoy my coffee and muffin. More to follow later this morning from the Sojourn making our way towards Ajaccio, Corsica, France.:eek:

Onboard Activities Today;

9:00am Arrival into Ajaccio, Corsica

10:30am Golf-Putting Enthusiasts

12:00pm-2:30pm Colonnade opens for Lunch (Mexican)

12:30pm-3:30pm Patio Grill opens for Lunch (Gyros)

2:00pm Unhosted Socail Bridge Play, Card Room Deck 7

2:30pm Navigational Bridge Visit, Observation Bar, Deck 10

3:00pm Spa Seminar: "Secrets to a the female Fat Cell"

3:30pm Mahjong Get Together, Card Room , Deck 7

4:00pm-5:00pm Chocoholic Tea Time and Piano Melodies, Observation Bar

5:00pm Sojourn Team Trivia Challenge, The Club, Deck 5

5:30pm All Aboard

5:30pm Interdenominational Chucrh Service, Card Room, Deck 7

6:00pm Departure for Porto Torres, Sardinia, Italy

Evening Activities Onboard:

Tonight's Attire: Elegantly Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

6:30pm-8:00pm Club Cocktails, The Club, Deck 5

7:00pm Solo Travellers Get-Together, The Club, Deck 5

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

9:45pm SHOWTIME: Comedy Musical Specialty Entertainer, Steve Stevens, Grand Salon, Deck 6

Weather and Sea Conditions Update;

We currently have cloudy skies and current temperature of 64F or 17C. Forecast for today is partly cloudy skies and a high of 19C or 68F. Our present sea conditions is a slight swell and no major movement. Last night was pretty much the same but we did have very strong winds of 35 knots p/h or force 7 on the Beaufort scale.

More to come later this morning after breakfast in the Colonnade here onboard Sojourn on this sleepy Sunday morning off the coast of Corsica.;):D;)

Post Breakfast Update; Ajaccio, Corsica, France

We just came back from breakfast outside on the verandah in the Colonnade and it wasn't a ZOO environment nor were the natives "attacking" this morning. It was very quiet around 8:30am when we pulled up and was still fairly quiet after we left at 9:20am. I guess a lot of poeple are either sleeping in or having Room Service. I tried this avocado and yogurt parfait this morning that was very tasty and interesting.

I also saw with my own eyes in action, the wait staff quickly converting themselves into Firemen this morning after someone stuffed a giant sized croissant into the auto roller toaster machine. The person gave up waiting for the croissant to drop back down which was never going to drop as it met it's faith and was being scorched by the hot top elements burning it and setting it to flames unbeknownst to the sleepy eyed passenger. We could then see smoke billowing in the Colonnade as the wait staff tried to remove the "flamming" streroided croissant from the auto roller toaster machine with great difficulty until someone showed up with thongs to surgically remove the burn to smitherines croissant which was reduced to a black ball of charred bread flaskes.

The weather here this morning is not cooperating again with periods of rain on and off again since we arrived at 8:45am. The ship was cleared by 9:00am. The current temperature is 17C or 66F and low winds coming from the west.

More to follow later today from the Sojourn in Ajaccio, Corsica, France.:D

:confused::confused:I wonder where RedheadedNancy is these days?....RNH where are you?

Well we know she got off the Sydney bridge OK but you know what that little red headed minx is like .... She could be up to all sorts!!!;):D

Spotted her on another thread -so she's lurking!:)

And isn't it nice to have some of our other "old" favourites around again - I do so enjoy Miss M's salty tales.

So another quiet day for you on the Sojourn? That's if no one else tries to burn the place down!

So you never did have those NS, then did you??? Or I would imagine we'd have heard and you'd have been winding me up!!!

If its any consolation it's a miserable rainy day here again with maybe a high of 7 or 8C.

Have you had your make over yet? Sounds like you will need it soon with all this stuffing of one's belly one has done! especially chocolate muffins at 0600!:eek:

LOL!

Happy Sunday!

Well we know she got off the Sydney bridge OK but you know what that little red headed minx is like .... She could be up to all sorts!!!

Spotted her on another thread -so she's lurking!

And isn't it nice to have some of our other "old" favourites around again - I do so enjoy Miss M's salty tales.

So another quiet day for you on the Sojourn? That's if no one else tries to burn the place down!

So you never did have those NS, then did you??? Or I would imagine we'd have heard and you'd have been winding me up!!!

If its any consolation it's a miserable rainy day here again with maybe a high of 7 or 8C.

Have you had your make over yet? Sounds like you will need it soon with all this stuffing of one's belly one has done! especially chocolate muffins at 0600!

LOL!

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday to you as well fairbourne my trustworthy P.A.!

About time you show up? I don't remember giving you the day off yesterday?

On the topic of "lurkers" I just don't get it...why lurk when you can post?:confused:

I saw RNH on another thread late last night as well....what's up with that?

Speaking of the little critters, your ears must be burning because they are on the Menu in the Patio Grill Tonight as "Surf and Turf"..more like "turf" them is what I say. And no I never made the big cross over and ate one of the little critters as of yet on this cruise.

It has warmed up since this morning and currently 21C or 70F under partly cloudy overcast skies. The Pool Area on Deck 8 is PACKED with passengers of the germanic persuasion in their tight fitting speedos of all shapes and sizes.:eek:

No time for the make over as of yet but will be "booking myself in" very soon. Those triple chocolate muffins are the best at 6:00am (dark, milk and white chocolate) especially with coffee...who needs GrandMa cake anymore!

Stay tuned for my Chocoholic report at Tea Time today...stay tuned!;)

Post Lunch Update;

We just came back from having lunch in the Colonnade and because mostly everything is closed here on the island on Sunday's everyone is onboard. Very little people went on tours this morning (only 3 buses left the pier all half full) and because of that at 12:30pm the Colonnade was quite busy. We ended up eating outside as usual. I had the Rigattoni Primavera which was cooked to perfection (al dente) with a light pomodoro sauce, broccoli, carrots and pearl onions. I also had sampled the buffet with some spicy corn salad and some shrimp cocktail.

Lunch was alcohol free for me today with only pelligrino on tap for me. Dessert was the best event today, Guava Cheesecake (you'd kill your mother for a slice), a heavenly Chocolate Torte (equally as good) with one small scoop of ice cream....God I am stuffed! No tea or coffee and now have come to post this and will be heading out on a deck chair somewhere on the ship and try and take in some additional rays this afternoon.

More to come after Chocoholics Tea Time here onboard the Sojourn currently in Ajaccio, Corsica, France.:D

Enroute to Porto Torres, Sardinia;

We have just left the harbour of Ajaccio, Corsica and are slowly enroute to Port Torres, Sardinia. We have only some 74 nautical miles to make it to our destination by tomorrow morning and should be maintaining a speed of 7 to 8 knots all night long.

The weather forecast for tomorrow will be much of the same as today was, cloudy skies all morning and clearing up mid afternoon and a high of 19C or 68F. We expect sea conditions tonight and overnight to be good and smooth with no high winds predicted.

We will be disembarking our pilot in a few minutes and then making our way out from the breakwaters. Our current temperature is 18C or 64F and sunny skies as we cruise along the islands coastline.

Afternoon Tea (Chocoholics) was amazing, with chocolate tarts, chocolate bread pudding, Sacher Torte, Chocolate Ganache Cake etc....simply an overdose and killed by chocolate event. I did not see "Fritz with the Mitts" there today or Mr. Soaker!:eek:

More to come later tonight from aboard the Sojourn now enroute (practically limping) our way towards Porto Torres, Sardinia.:D

Dinning Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant

FIRST COURSE

Poached Seaffod Salad, shaved celery, apple granite with citrus vodka

Layered Herb Marinated Goat Cheese Flan & Fresh Tomato, pesto dressing

Escargots a la Bourguignonne, snails in a burgundy reduction baked in herb butter

Caramelized Onion Consomme, sherry braised oxtail, bone marrow ragout

Parsnip & Pear Soup, caramelized pears, crisp parsnip

Truffled Baby Corn Salad with Mache, crisp red onions

Grilled Portabello Mushrooms, aged balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Pan Basted Seabass Filet, roasted sundried artichokes, caramelized onion ragout, pommes puree, preserved tomatoes, sauce termidor

Sauteed Scallops in Coconut Curry Sauce, tapioca, bok choy, mushrooms

Duck a l"Orange, almond croquettes, braised red cabbage, brussels sprouts puree, orange glaze

Grilled New York Steak, gorgonzola croquettes, asparagus, wilted spinach

Vegetarian-Hand Rolled Gnocchi Primavera, white truffle oil, parmesan shavings

Restaurant 2;

Chef's Cocktail: Caviar in the Cloud, Foggy Potatoes

Cowboy Roll: Seared Flank Steak, Portobello, Sesame Sauce

Barbequed Salmon-Jalepeno, Cucumber, Melted Mozzarella, Wasabi Mayo

Duck Confit Pop-Roasted Pepper Relish, Creamy Chili Dip

Tea Smoked Game Presse, Chestnut Spatzle

Porcini & Chestnut Cappuccino, Honey Spiced Squab & Fig Empanada

Floating Lobster, Pesto Cream, Red Pepper Fondue, Lime Froth

Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Forest Mushrroms, Truffled Emulsion

Apricot Beignets, Citrus Compote, Calvados Ice Cream

The Colonnade-FRENCH

APPETIZERS

Foie Gras Terrine

Marinated Leek Salad, French Vinaigrette

or

Escargots a la Bourguignon

Snails Baked in Garlic Herb Butter

or

French Onion Soup

Croutons, Gruyere Cheese

MAIN COURSE

Seared Dorade Filet

Lyonnais Potatoes, Vegetables Fricassee, Noilly Prat Sauce

or

Chateaubriand, Roasted Beef Tenderloin

Glazed Vegetables & Potatoes, Bordelaise Shallots, Bernaise

DESSERTS

Chocolate Creme Brulee

Creme Chantilly, Chocolate Florentine

or

Roasted Peaches

Frozen Yogurt, Almond Cookie

PATIO GRILL- SURF AND TURF

APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Tuna Ceviche, Cilantro, Lime

Shrimp and Crab Claw Cocktail, Mango and Papaya

Smoked Salmon, Red Onions and Capers

Beef Pastrami, Cucumber, Radish

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Margherita

Roma Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Garlic, Fresh Basil

PASTA

Shrimp Tagliatelle

Florida Rock Shrimp, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic Butter

FROM THE GRILL

Beef Filet Mignon 8oz/5oz

Rib Eye Steak 10oz

Grilled Nigerian Shrimps

Free Range Chicken Breast 10oz

SIDINGS

Ratatouille, Green Beans, Potatoe Mousselline

SAUCES

Bernaise, Peppercorn, Shallot-Cabernet Jus

DESSERTS

Assorted Cheeses

Blueberry Cheesecake

Chocolate Glazed Brownie

Fresh Fruits

ice Cream & Sorbet

Now you got my attention! LOL!

Your chocoholic afternoon tea sounded just devine, I don't think you'll have any room for any dinner tonight????;):D

Anyway took today off as well - oh lovely lazy Sundays ..... sitting by the fire, reading the Sunday newspapers with sleeping dogs and feet up ... while the DH makes a late lunch ... Now if you believe that you'll believe anything! LOL!

Now you got my attention! LOL!

Your chocoholic afternoon tea sounded just devine, I don't think you'll have any room for any dinner tonight????;):D

Anyway took today off as well - oh lovely lazy Sundays ..... sitting by the fire, reading the Sunday newspapers with sleeping dogs and feet up ... while the DH makes a late lunch ... Now if you believe that you'll believe anything! LOL!

What??? no mention of the "little critters" on the Menu Tonight?:eek:

Of course there's room for dinner tonight decisions, decisions.;)

What??? no mention of the "little critters" on the Menu Tonight?:eek:

NOPE!!! LOL!

Of course there's room for dinner tonight decisions, decisions.;)

You will simply have to have the NS, if only to tell us all how delicious they still are! Did you meet Dottie yet?

You will simply have to have the NS, if only to tell us all how delicious they still are! Did you meet Dottie yet?

DottieD and I spoke about an hour ago we are going to have drinks over the next couple of days.

If I must, I will blindfold myself and partake in eating of the little grilled critters tonight!:rolleyes:

We are booked on the Sojourn in July (Baltic and fjords), so I'm reading with interest your impressions of this ship and Seabourn (also our first Seabourn experience). Regarding the coffee, I've often thought the shops onboard could do a big business by selling insulated coffee mugs. I usually bring my own, but it's something else to pack. Could Sojourn possibly be offering these?

:confused::confused:I wonder where RedheadedNancy is these days?....RNH where are you?;)
I'm here and just finished reading all your pages! I must say rather calm after your fabulous tales on last cruise, BUT calm can be good and very enjoyable. I guess this is your first on the big sisters and nice to hear you are enjoying it. We have been the last three cruises on the big sisters, Sojourn, Odyseey and Quest, but now are looking at the Pride for next March (Singapore to Athens 42 days). I think it is very much like what you did last January. I will have to reread your old thread.

I do love the little ships but I have loved the big ones on TAs and in rough seas. I wonder if I will go back easily....Will not be happy if lots of mechanical problems!

Looks like you are not having good weather. I have been to most of the ports you are visiting and enjoyed most of them. We did a similar cruise four years ago but it was late April, early May and the weather was very nice. I have not been on CC much as we just got home the week before Easter after three months and I was so behind!! I am digging out now and just found your thread. I do miss the NS....but I'm still working on losing the weight I gained on the Odyssey. It's not fun but I can't afford a whole new wardrobe!

Glad you like your new cabin. You are close to where we always book...since I'm the queasy one. I love that location. Fun wine discussions on your thread.

Fairbourne, we are having a brief cold snap here so I have the fireplace on, it's 50 and it was 80 two days ago..

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep posting!

Day 11: Porto Torres, Sardinia, Italy

Good morning once again from Sleepy Seabourn Square as we are making our final approach on the island and are less than 3 nautical miles away.

The seas are currently calm and the weather appears to be much of the same way as it started off yesterday morning with overcast skies.

Our call onto Sardinia, is a short one today as we are suppose to be tied up alongside our berth by 7:00am and all abord is 2:30pm with a 3:00pm Departure time.

The Colonnade opens up 1 hour earlier today at 7:00am and stays open until 10:00am and the Restaurant opens at it's usual time from 8:00am until 9:00am...we haven't made it once for breaskfast in the Restaurant but we usually don't anyway.

History on Porto Torres:

Porto Torres is a comune and city in Northern Sardinia, in the Province of Sassari. The existing port at Porto Torres is based in great part on Roman foundations. The ancient remains still existing prove that it must have been a considerable town under the Roman Empire, founded apparently by Julius Caesar, as it bore the title Colonia Julia.

More to come after I finish my first cup of coffee and chocolate muffin here onboard Sojourn in Seabourn Square making our way slowly towards Porto Torres, Sardinia, Italy.

We are booked on the Sojourn in July (Baltic and fjords), so I'm reading with interest your impressions of this ship and Seabourn (also our first Seabourn experience). Regarding the coffee, I've often thought the shops onboard could do a big business by selling insulated coffee mugs. I usually bring my own, but it's something else to pack. Could Sojourn possibly be offering these?

AzLibrarian; You will have such a great time and a cruise cruising the Baltics and Fjords in July. I have done the same cruise (not on Seabourn) and it remains as one of my all time favourite cruises.

As to the insulated coffee mugs I have not seen them onboard at all either in Seabourn Square or any of the Bars. The only I have seen are these white porcelain mugs in the Boutique onboard.

Archived