*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Morning Breeze Buddies!

Wow, lots going on with all of you! Dave, I sure hope that the strike ends very soon!

I'm getting my "hair did" today as well. This requires another trip to Chicago, so I tend to make an entire day a "Mimi day adventure". However, with it being in the 90s, not really sure I'll be up for adventure.

Tomorrow I go back for work for two days, and then I should be off for a good chunk of time while we travel to visit family...

Andy said that he enjoyed the visit to Wrigley Field last week, but said it wasn't old enough for his liking... so we'll be visting Fenway Park in two weeks. :eek:

Have a great day Cupids!

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

We had a great day yesterday and as expected our friend has not changed the same ole Joe. We laughed and laughed.

Today is my last Diabetes class and it is suppose to be meal planning.. I hope we get some really good recipes that Kenny can try. YUM!

Dave, so sorry to hear about the negotiations in one sentence and then looking further down and seeing they have a mediator. Great to hear that. When you picket you should have a cool rag on your head with a hat so you don't get so hot.

Heidi, glad to hear you got some much needed rain. We had that week of rain which helped up, however, we have not had but a sprinkle since.

I am sorry to hear that Staci is on the 3rd floor for you, however, the best place to be for a young woman.

Char, triple digits already, OMG cqn you imagine what it will be in August. We are thinking the same thing as we had a very warm winter so the bugs will really be out now.:eek:

Rick, we had a girl with talent I might add that made us all name tags with the magnets on them. The had our screen name and real one. Of course you won't have a problem with mine.:D

Kathy, how scary for you and the family waiting for that surgery. Who would have thought it was an infection and everyone was happy. I have never heard of that until now. It just was not his time yet.:)

Sue, I loved your short stories on the animals, my hero. I love deer ( not to eat( to look at. My Kenny use to be a hunter and I told him no meat in this house. If you want it go to someone's else' house.

I love Jimmie Johnson as well, however, my heart belongs to Jr. I was biting my fingers and holding my breath. Geeze I thought Kenny was going to have to call the paramedics.lol

Ky Kathy, I hope you have a wonderful few days with your family. A Pontoon and flowing beverages what more do you need.

Check back later and have a super day!!!

Good afternoon Cupids,

Negotiations are to resume tomorrow. Let's hope something gets done.

Here's a picture of me on the picket line 1239894700_DavidonStrike_n.jpg.5e351898d1a7da945399f6a00c2bf2c1.jpg I'm wearing one of those cool ties. It's a couple years old and may need to be replaced soon.

Sue, hate varmints, aka coyote's. They are plentiful around here, having moved into many areas of the cities. You have to be careful when you leave pets in the backyards.

Mimi, Andy would not like it here. All of our pro-fields are now new. Bet he would like to see a game in the Cotton Bowl. There are still a few college games played there but many of them are moving to the Cowboy Stadium.

Kathy P, thanks for the support.

Heidi, it's warming up here. Will be triple digit next week. Hope this strike is over by then.

Later,

Dave

Hi Dave... actually Andy would LOVE the new ballparks. I was sort of joking about Andy because he loves new shiny things (including stadiums) and doesn't "get" the mystique of old/historic parks like Wrigley and Fenway.

Well, he finally "got it" at the game last Friday and is now very eager to take a tour of Fenway Park during our vacation. Unfortunately, the Red Sox are not in town while we're in Boston (poor planning on my part).

Morning!

COLD here this morning! 36 degrees when I got up at 6 am. :eek: Summer?? Sure doesn't feel like it!

Probably cut a little hay today, but not too much. We have to put some hay down because a man is coming Saturday from an equipment dealership to teach Dave and our hired baler driver (who also happens to be a good friend of ours) the ropes about the new baler. It's a different brand than we've had before, and there is a lot to figure out, with computer and all that jazz. Not cutting TOO much hay though, cause there is rain in the forecast for the weekend.

When I want rain, it's dry and when I don't want rain, it's wet. Mother Nature is a challenging lady! :rolleyes:

Like Mimi, I got my "hair did" yesterday. Like it a lot! I'm going back to an A-line cut, which I had 3 years ago and got tired of it (I always seem to get tired of my hairstyle). Now I'm ready for a change, so back to the A-line it is!

Good Morning. :D

COLD here this morning! 36 degrees when I got up at 6 am. :eek: Summer?? Sure doesn't feel like it!

YIKES, that IS cold. It's 80 degrees here and it's only 8:30. It's supposed to be about 93 for the high. Tomorrow it is only supposed to be in the mid 80's.

Sue - your coyote story reminded me of something we saw on our drive down to Normal on Monday but I had forgotten about it. There is a sheep farm that we pass and this time we noticed that they were grazing in a circle, all facing outward, butts to the center. I said to Dave that it was probably instinct to position themselves that way to watch for predators. I don't know if that's true but it makes sense.

I got confirmation fromm Eric that yes, he is leaving Champaign for good on Saturday but I don't know when he will leave for Vietnam. Soon, I'm sure. I hope his ankle will be healed enough. Last I heard he was still wearing the boot.

I work lunch today and then I'm off till ?Friday night.

Have a great day. :)

Edited by HeidiHo

Last day off before 3 in a row. I know whew!:D Tomorrow is 7-5, Friday 8-5 and then Sat 7-11. Then I only have 3 days off.

Yesterday was the final Diabetes class. I really loved it as it was meal planning. I think we are on the right tract.

Today I have PT and then we are going to have dinner with our friend that is here from Virginia. We spent Tues with him and had a blast.

Time for a shower so will chat later.

OH Dave I love the picture, it brings back many memories. Not happy times with the strike but meeting so many wonderful people.. I hope the contract goes smoothly today and back to work you go.

Hi y'all. Haven't been able to access Cruise Critic for two daysalthough I spent several times trying to. Every time I tried to bring it up via Google, or favorites I got a notice that the computer was blocking malware. Guess the kids are out of school and "playing" around with their computers!!! Even wrote Heidi to alert her to the problem.

Jerry of Ilaga fame is home as of yesterday and feeling pretty good although he still has to take pain meds. We reluctantly returned his dog to him last night.

Glad to hear that Jerry is feeling better.

We went to Red Sauce for dinner last night and I had Lobster Risotto with 2 nice size tails. OMG was it good.

Back to work, chat later!!

Guess what, the problem wasn't the fault of my computer or Cruise Critic. Someone at AVAST, which is my virus preventive software wrote an incorrect code and all of us with AVAST were shut out of Cruise Critic........

Morning!

Rick ~ glad you figured out what the problem was with your computer! You NEED your daily CC fix! ;) Just like we all do!

Glad to hear Jerry is home and on the mend.

Heidi ~ Must be hard to think of Eric being gone for 6 months. I know I wouldn't be too excited about that, although I know it will be a unique experience for him. Good luck to him!

Cat ~ I am not a seafood fan, but my hubby loves lobster and seafood. We have 1 son who is a landlubber like me and 1 who loves seafood like his dad. Even Steven! :p

Didn't end up cutting any hay yesterday. The weather forecast is calling for possible showers tomorrow and Saturday. If it wasn't for "Baler School", we probably wouldn't cut ANY until Monday. But we do need to lay some down so that there is hay to bale for Baler School on Saturday. Will probably cut a little today and hope for dry skies.

I think I told you guys we are in the market for a horse for me. Tried 2 out a few months ago, but the girl who owns them wants way too much for them. Horses are not nearly as expensive now as they were about 5 years ago, but this girl still has hers priced like 5 years ago. They are worth about 1/2 what she is asking.

Anyway, today a friend is bringing one out for us to take a look at. He has been testing this gelding out, but wants a horse that will pull a big calf and this guy doesn't. That doesn't matter to me, I just want a friendly, gentle horse...I don't rope anyway, had a very bad experience years ago when I roped a cow for Dave to doctor and she pulled me and my saddle right off the horse and then charged me and tried to get me while I was on the ground. Lucky for me, Dave roped her before she could get to me and saved me. I haven't swung a rope since. :o (It was kind of my own fault cause I didn't have my saddle cinched up tight enough, but still......very scary!!)

Well I'm officially down to 3 jobs.... Its not very nice when the cops come in and evict your boss from the property... he was on a lease and I do his books so it wasn't a big surprise.... It's only about 8 hours a week so no biggie for me.... Walmart is suppose to bump up that much next month and it is summer so tips are good....

Good afternoon Cupids,

Not much happening around here today. Sitting on pins and needles waithing for a response from the mediation. They have been at it since yesterday morning. There is a "Gag Order " on the proceedings so it's a wait and see. All picketing is still taking place.

Later,

Dave

Good Afternoon!

Some of you read on FB this morning that I am now having trouble logging on to CC similar to the problem Rick had. I use Google Chrome and have McAfee for virus protection. I get a message telling me that this is a dangerous site. I switched to Firefox and am not having problems. There is another thread on this topic and others with McAfee are having the same problem. Guess I'll just have to use Firefox until things get fixed.

Dave - fingers crossed for you.

Have a great day. :)

Those prices don't include taxes and fees and the 769 is only Early Savers which requires the full deposit of $600 at time of booking. A non refundable deposit at that. If for any reason we can't go on our cruise we're only out $50 as opposed to $600

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Rhys616

8 Day Southern Caribbean from Miami, FL

Departs from: Miami, FL

Aboard the: Carnival Breeze

Ports of Call: Grand TurkLa Romana, Dominican RepublicCuracaoAruba

from$769.00 avg per personas little as $97/night

VIEW CRUISE DETAILS

SaveDatesInteriorOcean ViewBalconySuites

Feb 15, 2014

(Sat - Sun)

$769.00$919.00$1,129.00$1,679.00

Those prices are only where prices START in each category. The balcony price is for a cove balcony. Many people don't want a cove. I just compared Carnivals price for an 8C (because that's what I booked) to the group price for an 8C balcony. Carnival beat the group price with the Early Saver and Past Guest rates but the Fun Select rate was more than the group price. Once you take into consideration the $100.00 per cabin credit, the group price was less than all of Carnival's prices.

Edited by HeidiHo

I doubt very seriously this is a serious post right above me. Sounds like one of the kids off school. I mean two posts and they are throwing this kind of "attitude"????

Just to answer your question, however, it is because we are lemmings who will follow our beloved group leader, Heidi, off a cliff if necessary. So there you have it!

Rick - please don't follow me off a cliff. LOL

Those prices are only where prices START in each category. The balcony price is for a cove balcony. Many people don't want a cove. I just compared Carnivals price for an 8C (because that's what I booked) to the group price for an 8C balcony. Carnival beat the group price with the Early Saver and Past Guest rates but the Fun Select rate was more than the group price. Once you take into consideration the $100.00 per cabin credit, the group price was less than all of Carnival's prices.

Heidi...I thought about replying to the poster...but you did it with much much more class than what I intended to write. ;)

Afternoon Cupids...

We have been in Modesto for the last few days...it is about 2 hours north of us...not much there but a nice town. We needed to check on a few college students then visited with friends from way back when we lived there...was nice.

Yes...we have had six days of tripple digits but beginning tomorrow we will go back down to the 80's for a few days then into the 90's. Sure happy that the weather is cooling down. :D

Cat...glad your diabetes class went well...sure hope they can control your diabetes. Nice to visit with good friends isn't it?

Sue...our DD Lisa and DSIL Phil live in an area zoned for horses and they have a big problem with coyotes as well...have to have cover to the dog kennel so the coyote can't get to the dog when she is out there.

Dave...me too fingers crossed for you and that the strike ends in your favor...I know you are really tired of the whole thing...but gotta stand your ground.

Rene...might be a blessing in descise that one job has ended so that you can take more hours with Walmart and of course you will be really busy with the summer crowd.

Heidi...glad that Staci's move went well...but OMG three flights of stairs...it is definately for the young. I bet Eric is really excited about his upcoming trip...he is so lucky to have this opportunity.

I hope you are all having a great week...and now the week-end is just around the corner. :)

Heidi ~ I will follow you a lot of places, but prolly not off a cliff. :D;):p

The best thing to do in these situations is: 1) report the troll (thanks to those who did that already), and 2) ignore the troll.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled fun!

We did cut hay for a couple hours today, but that will be all until this storm blows out of here. Calling for rain tomorrow and Saturday, and the clouds are rolling in this afternoon. And it is HOT. What a difference from our 34 degrees a couple mornings ago!!

We tried out the horse, and I think we may buy him. He's a friendly, gentle thing. The only things I don't like is that he has a bit of a choppy (not smooth) gait...but my old horse that died was the smoothest horse I've ever ridden...I will have to just get used to a less smooth ride. And, also, this horse is still in a snaffle bit, which means he doesn't neck rein yet. You have to use split reins (that aren't tied or glued together like a regular bridle) and turn his head by reaching down and pulling back on the rein to turn him one way or the other. Our friend has a son who does a TON of riding for his job...and he said he will ride the horse and get him into the bridle for me. He'll ride him for a few months and that should get him neck reining pretty well.

Had quite the scare today getting a voicemail from Andy saying he was headed to urgent care. Then I called the urgent care center where they told me he was sent to the hospital! Since Andy destroyed his phone in the pool recently, I had no way of getting in touch with him. That drive from work to the hospital was so scary and I was crying the entire way there imagining the worst.

I know I ticked off a lot of drivers where my mind was racing and I'd drive 45 in a 25 and then 30 in a 55 not paying attention to the speed limits (both fast and slow).

Luckily Andy was discharged this afternoon with a kidney stone. I'm sure he'll be in a lot of pain while it passes, but thank goodness his trip to the hospital did not result in a serious matter.

As most of my posts include a tidbit about a restaurant in the area, I must say that the hospital cafeteria was top notch... more like a 5 star resort. At the carving station, they offered prime rib which looked like steakhouse quality! I took a picture of the roast to inspire Andy to get better real soon! Sadly though, the carving station was closed when Andy was discharged. He ended up at White Castle (arghhh)... our diets are going to change drastically now that we are officially suffering with medical ailments.

Of course, I stopped for Chinese takeout on the way home... dumplings and wonton soup.

The highlight of the day was when Andy's mom sent a text to me (after we knew he'd be alright) to tell Andy to "stop getting stoned!!"

Hey Poofy,

Tell Andy I can relate. Been there, done that 3 times to the ER. Seems like every 7 years for me. I think I'm due. No fun but probably even less for my DW since it always happens in the middle of the night and she ends up driving me and staying up while they gave me pain killers and I got to sleep.

Ed

Hey Poofy,

Tell Andy I can relate. Been there, done that 3 times to the ER. Seems like every 7 years for me. I think I'm due. No fun but probably even less for my DW since it always happens in the middle of the night and she ends up driving me and staying up while they gave me pain killers and I got to sleep.

Ed

Hi Ed! I will relay the information onto Andy. Do you have any dietary advice? I'm researching tonight about what foods to cut out, etc. Mostly I'm finding that dehydration is a huge cause for kidney stones.

Props to your DW... that's very tough to deal with. My MIL in the past week has dealt with my FIL in the hospital for surgery, my BIL with having his appendix out in an emergency situation, and as Andy calls it "the trifecta" with of course, what you already know with Andy's visit to the hospital. My MIL definitely deserves a second Mother's Day this year!!

Ed, I hope you're not due for additional kidney stones. Wishing you and your DW well. :)

I see the one of the moderators did what was asked.

Heidi, I WOULD follow you off a cliff!!!!

Rick - just make sure you call for help before you follow me. ;)

Edited by HeidiHo