*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Welcome to a Sunny day in Florida, Breeze buddies, we have our 2nd day in a row.:)

Off today with a stop at the Physical Therapist for more pain and suffering while Kenny just smiles. I wonder about his smiing at my pain.:eek:

I think I will help him clean today. I don't normally do that but we will get it done faster if we both do it. I don't think I forgot how.lol

I hope everyone has a great week and will pop on here later.

Happy Monday!

Got the new cows branded and turned out yesterday. Moving them out to the pasture was pretty slow with little calf, who can't move real fast! Dave finally put him on the motorcycle and gave him a ride most of the way. He and Momma Cow were munching away when we left them. :D

Barbara ~ I'm so sorry for your loss.

Heidi ~ interesting question, I don't know whether the old way got you platinum before or after the 10th cruise! I will reach 75 points on cruise #5 if I have 2 more 8 day and 2 at least 7 day after this Cupids cruise. I always thought that you got platinum status ON cruise #10 the old way....but I'm not sure. I think Michelle & Chris are platinum...we'll have to ask them. I know Rich & Sue are platinum, but they don't come to CC very often.

Cold glass of wine: I have avoided wine for many years, because it always gave me a headache after 2 sips...so I guess I'm allergic to something in wine. But I was always a Rose or Blush wine drinker....someone told me to try WHITE wine because it doesn't have the chemical that so many are sensitive to. I tried Chardonnay and Pinot Grigios on our trip to Eureka and it didn't bother me! I'm happy, cause a glass of wine is nice once in a while!

Cat ~ happy birthday to Kenny! Glad you had a nice day.

Cold glass of wine: I have avoided wine for many years, because it always gave me a headache after 2 sips...so I guess I'm allergic to something in wine. But I was always a Rose or Blush wine drinker....someone told me to try WHITE wine because it doesn't have the chemical that so many are sensitive to. I tried Chardonnay and Pinot Grigios on our trip to Eureka and it didn't bother me! I'm happy, cause a glass of wine is nice once in a while!

Try Reisling or Sparkling Muscato...... yummmmyyyyy

Good Afternoon!

I must have been really tired because I slept until 10:40 this morning! :eek: Now that the weekend is over my next 3 shifts should be shorter. Can't wait till Thursday though.

Got the new cows branded and turned out yesterday. Moving them out to the pasture was pretty slow with little calf, who can't move real fast! Dave finally put him on the motorcycle and gave him a ride most of the way. He and Momma Cow were munching away when we left them. :D

Now THAT I wish I could have seen. LOL. It's not every day you see a calf on a motorcycle. How did the calf like it and how did Momma react? Remember the movie, "City Slickers?" I caught the tail end of it the other day. Billy Crystal pretty much adopts the little calf and names it Norman. It's so cute.

Not much is going on here. We're supposed to get some rain (we need it again) and it's going to cool down a bit. It was in the 90's all weekend. not that I'm complaining. I don't mind the heat and I'll definitely take 90's over freezing cold.

Have a great day. :)

Howdy Cupids!

All of the negativity on the Carnival boards led me to browse other boards. It got me browsing some very interesting ships! Maybe 2014 we will branch out.

Exciting day here in Arlington Heights. I lost my bicycle pump. It's been missing for weeks. Today I found it.

Had lunch at The Pita Inn with Andy. For under 5 dollars they give you a falaffel, a piece of grilled chicken, lamb, beef, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, and their sauces, and of course, being The Pita Inn - more pita bread than you can handle! By the time we were beyond stuffed, our plates were still overflowing with food. (I earned this lunch since I spent two hours at the fitness center this morning).

Think I'll go ride my bicycle now... the laundry can wait... especially since, like Heidi said, the weather is going to take a turn for the worse with temps possibly not making it to the 70s.

Edited by PoofyTheCat

Howdy Cupids...

Sue & Heidi...cruise lines usually honor the next step in the loyalty program after the number of cruises are completed...so say you are going on your 10th cruise it would be your qualifying cruise...then the next cruise you would get the Platinum benefits. Hope that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Heidi...glad the hard part of your 8 day work cycle is over it is all downhill now. Wonder how late you will sleep on Thursday? ;)

Speaking of wine...my fave is white zinfandel the whtes are usually too dry for me...but yes a nice cold glass of wine occasionally is nice. I haven't had a glass of wine in ages...should fix that I guess. LOL

Mimi...which cruise lines caught your attention? We have cruised on several lines and it is kind of fun...makes the cruise more interesting I think to try something different.

Cat...have fun cleaning house...we did that on Saturday.

Have a great day everyone...

Edited by roudy1

NCL Breakaway

Celebrity

Looking at suites for the perks. Not a suite every time, maybe once every 5-10 years. Our 5 year anniversary would be perfect to try a suite. (2015).

I have NO interest in RCCL or Disney.

Dreaming...

Cunard :D:D:D

National Geographic Antartica. I like penguins. :o

I should add that all of these are pipe dreams until Andy and I grow up a bit and start acting like adults. :eek:

Edited by PoofyTheCat

Mimi...we have been on two NCL cruises...the first, and would have been our last, was on NCL Pride of Aloha...worse cruise experience we have ever had...the only thing that saved it was Hawaii...LOL But they gave us a very nice incentive to cruise with them again so we did and had a great cruise...so will sail with them again.

Celebrity...is nice we did a short cruise with them and had a good experience...I liked the service and more quiet cruise...very relaxing.

We also like Princess...same kind of experience as Celebrity...tho' we were on a smaller and older Celebrity ship but same kind of experience. I guess what I like most about X and Princess is the lack of loudspeaker announcements...so nice.

My wish list is: Holland America and Cunard...gotta do a trans atlantic on one of the Queens. A friend of ours just got back from a TA on Queen Mary 2 and loved it...could only afford an inside tho'. I am not sure I could do an inside cabin myself...maybe an ocean view.

Char,

I forgot about HAL. That's on my list.

How long ago was your first NCL cruise?

I could definitely go for a lack of loud announcements, the big screen, and concerts on the big screen. But I do admit, I like the movies under the stars.

Not sure I could go on a cruise without waterslides though, so the quiet ships may be out.

Your friend is very fortunate to do a TA on Cunard!!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on other cruise lines! :)

Sue & Heidi...cruise lines usually honor the next step in the loyalty program after the number of cruises are completed...so say you are going on your 10th cruise it would be your qualifying cruise...then the next cruise you would get the Platinum benefits. Hope that makes sense. :rolleyes:

If that's the way it works then I will receive platinum benefits on the same cruise that I would have before. I haven't lost anything except the benefits they have taken away. Not sure what those even are since I haven't really paid that much attention.

If that's the way it works then I will receive platinum benefits on the same cruise that I would have before. I haven't lost anything except the benefits they have taken away. Not sure what those even are since I haven't really paid that much attention.

Found this info in 2 different posts:

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

and

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise)

I've been reading some of these and what people are complaining about is borderline insane. Some of these posters have way too much time on there hands. I've got more important things to worry about other than only being able to send 2 bags of laundry instead of 3, but then again, I'm not platinum.

Hey girls, Chef Ramsey is on tonight and tomorrow.

All this talk of wind drinking, I could use a glass about now. It has been a rough day and my week is going to get hectic. Our development is having the yearly garage sale and my garage looks like a tornado hit it. My daughter usually does really well selling my granddaughter's clothes. Me, I'm lucky if I make $100. I'll need to get me a bottle of white zin or the reisling. Not fond of merlot or chiraz, but I don't care for red or dry wines either.

Heidi, my daughter loved City Slickers. In fact she named our first dog Norman. He was the best dog we had, but we had to put in down at 3 yrs. old. This dog had allergies so bad, even to cotton. We were giving him special shots daily and he still kept scratching (he scratched himself till he would bleed). It was a hard decision but we couldn't stand to see him like that. Our vet was wonderful, he never charged us for any of this.

Have a wonderful evening all.

Donna

Edited by De-Luxe08

Good evening Cupids,

I got up early this morning, 4am, to greet all the company salary and scabs entering the plant. Still no talks.:( I saw where Carnival has started a new VIFP program. I did check that our total is correct.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Dave

Morning!

Renee ~ yum, I'll try those wines next! I had Reisling on my list of "try" but Muscato is a new one on me!

Heidi ~ it's pretty funny to see a calf "riding" a motorcycle! They don't like it much...and the moms just follow along nervously.

Char ~ white zin was always my favorite wine, but since it is a blush wine, that is off my list now. It's the blush, rose or red wines that bother me.

Donna ~ I agree, it's so weird that people are so "up in arms" about this loyalty thing. They need to get a life! How about let's be THANKFUL that we are ABLE to cruise and enjoy a vacation??? It's not like the perks of platinum are ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS anyway. Goodness.

Actually, it sounds like I would reach platinum 1 cruise earlier on this new way, according to Char's info. I have cruised 5 times. So, I would have been platinum after completing 5 more cruises, on cruise #11 (6 cruises from now). On the new way, I have 37 points. I can reach platinum 5 cruises from now as long as we do at least (3) 8 day and (2) 7 day.

Mimi ~ glad you found your bike pump!

Gearing up to start haying, probably next week. Gotta watch the weather a little, and the meadows need to grow some more. But we're getting close. Dave will start getting the equipment ready, probably today.

Dave ~ so sorry about the strike. I don't know how that works...are you getting paid during this? If so, WOO HOO, paid vacay!! If not, DANG.

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

Well here I am sitting in my bathing suit as the pool is closed until noon for cleaning. Chit....we go early to avoid the hot as he double ll sun in Florida. So I guess we shall bake for a couple of hours. I will do my walking in the pool which always feels great.

Mimi, I can go to my gym but would never get a workout like I did yesterday with my PT guy. :eek: I thought I was going to die as he kept saying PERFECT. I finally said perfect my azz, geez.!!!! Now today everything hurts. Some more muscles I have not used in 30 years.

Char, I use to get those bottles of red wine (those fat things) and add ginger ale and a splash of grenadine. OMG that was super. That is when my ex and I quit beer drinking. Somehow I don't thing it made a difference.lol

Donna, Yes Chef Ramsey was on last night and great as usual. Plus to top off the cake Master Chef and they are both on tonight again. Yea!!!

Dave, we are still praying they get that strike settled for you soon. Our Carnival days sailed is correct for both of us but I do miss that little red box with the days sailed in it. Just something else to whine about.lol

Sue, so it is time for haying. That really sounds like a 4 letter word to me WORK. I guess you have a machine that rolls the stuff, right? Then you store it for when the animals need it or do you sell it?

Well back to looking at the CC site and read all about the bit......chu....ing. lol

Oh, I forgot my first cruise was with Hal the Zuiderdam. What a beautiful ship and the best service I have ever had. Our little cabin guy was outstanding. I would love to go on them again when I win the lottery.lol

I have been on 3 Princess cruises and really only cared for the Star. We had issues with the other 2 so I don't think we will go on any of them again. The only reason we did the Star is because Carnival gave us a really nice credit to try them.

Edited by Cathy p

Good Morning!

Just got the call from my dad.... Grandma passed away this morning.... I know it is for the best but it doesn't make it any easier....:(

Renee - so sorry for your loss. At least she's at peace now. No more suffering. It's good that you got to see her a couple of weeks ago. Was this your dad's mom or your mom's?

Only 2 more days of work till I have some time off. Tonight SHOULD be a shorter shift but sometimes things have a way of not turning out the way you think they will. There have been plenty of times that I've gone in thinking I'll get off early just to find out that the person who was supposed to close isn't coming in so now I have to close. Normally that wouldn't bother me too much but if it happens tonight I'll be mad.

It is beautiful today but it has really cooled off. It's only 67 degrees right now but it's sunny. :)

Have a great day.

Mornin' Cupids...

Renee...so sorry to hear about your grandmother it is never easy even when they have had a long and happy life or been sick for a long time...you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cat...we want to try Holland America too...I have heard the same thing that the service can't be beat. Sign up for their email alerts because they do have some very nice specials. We have been on two Princess cruises and so far have had good experiences.

Mimi...we first sailed on NCL in 2004 on Pride of Aloha...we were originally booked on Pride of America but the ship sank to deck 10 in the building dock in Germany so they moved all those people to a much smaller ship and it just didn't work well...then in 2006 we sailed on NCL Star to Acapulco and had a great time even tho' we had terrible weather. The biggest problem with Pride of Aloha was management...yelling at the staff, food was terrible, etc...we kind of felt like we were on a prison barge going from island to island. :eek:

Heidi...one more day and you have a nice three day week-end.

Sue...I can just picture the calf on that motorcycle. LOL

Dave...the strike just sounds awful...do the "scabs" give you any trouble?

Speaking of this ugly loyalty program stuff going on...we will be platinum on Princess in two more cruises after the one coming up. However, I can't believe that people get so up in the air about changes...and I bet there will be those who will let that ruin their cruise.

Gotta go...will be back later. Have a great day everyone.

Renee, I am so sorry to hear about Grandma, however, she is now at peace and in no pain. God Bless you and your family at this time.

Char, I keep looking at their sales so far no good. Maybe next Feb when I get my first Social Security check (if it is still there) I can book another one.

Well pool is CLOSED FOR THE DAY. Oh Chit it never fails every time I want to go something goes on with it. So now I am sitting here typing and drinking my Glucerna Snack Shake and thinking that it really is a real shake. So far it still does not taste that way. Oh well I guess I will pout a bit.:(

Renee - so sorry for your loss. At least she's at peace now. No more suffering. It's good that you got to see her a couple of weeks ago. Was this your dad's mom or your mom's?

Have a great day.

My mom's mom .... the rest of my grandparents passed when i was a teenager....

Just got the call from my dad.... Grandma passed away this morning.... I know it is for the best but it doesn't make it any easier....:(

Renee, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

Renee,

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, prayers for you and your family from my family. I know it doesn't make it easier to lose a close family member even if it is for the best.

On the way home...just South of Atlanta at the Drury Inn where we stay all the time. Great deal, free dinner, free drinks (three per person), free full breakfast, and the rooms are super nice.

Barbara, is it any one we know?? Oh guess what, we have the umbrella that was mistakenly sent to St. Louis 2 years ago!

We will be home tomorrow afternoon...probably late. Yay!!!!!!!