*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Welcome Roe95695. Sorry you have to change your plans but our cruise is the same one, just a later date. Did you book early saver? If not I'm sure it can probably be transferred but if it's early saver I think there will be fee involved. I've never booked early saver so I'm not familiar with all the rules. Since the other cruise is also a CC group cruise I assume you booked with Crucon (Johna?). I would give her a call.

I did this back in late 2010 with switching from one group cruise to another. No fees, it was easy, and done all via email.

Hope you become a Cupid Roe! :)

Thinking about joining you all. I am booked on another cruise critic cruise in 2013 however a wedding has come up, does anyone know if I am able to move that deposit to this one and join you?

Sounds like lots of fun...

We just did exactly the same thing. We changed from Jan 2013 to this cruise. Johna took care of everything.

I just go an iPhone 4S. now i need to learn how to use it. LOL.

the funniest thing happened to me earlier. Dave had an eye appointment this morning and decided not to go back to work after. We decided to go out to lunch but 1st we went to drop a package off at the UPS store. Dave dropped me off right in front and when I came out he wasn't there. I looked over at the row of cars in the actual parking spaces and saw a brown Equinox so I figured he had just pulled in there to get out of the way. It was raining hard so I had my hood up and wasn't really paying attention. I just ran to the car and opened the front passenger door. I very startled, stange woman was sitting there. I just said to her. "Oops, sorry, wrong car. It looks just like mine." LOL. I turned around just in time to see Dave coming around the corner. He had decided to turn around and that's why he wasn't there when I cam out. I got in the car and was laughing so hard the tears were streaming down my face. I probably scared the crap out of that poor woman. In my defense, it was the same kind of car and the same color. When I took a better look I could see a few differences (mine has more chrome) but that was it. I don't think I've laughed so hard since Cupid's III.

Thanks Heidi. No we did not book early saver and yes it is book with Johnna. I will shoot them an email. It is hard to put off another year but family is family.. lol

We just did exactly the same thing. We changed from Jan 2013 to this cruise. Johna took care of everything.

Just so you know, Erin at Crucon is handling our group but she is out of the office for several more days. Since you booked through Johna originally you would probably want to go through her anyway and then after it's done you would probably contact Erin if you need anything in the future..

the funniest thing happened to me earlier. Dave had an eye appointment this morning and decided not to go back to work after. We decided to go out to lunch but 1st we went to drop a package off at the UPS store. Dave dropped me off right in front and when I came out he wasn't there. I looked over at the row of cars in the actual parking spaces and saw a brown Equinox so I figured he had just pulled in there to get out of the way. It was raining hard so I had my hood up and wasn't really paying attention. I just ran to the car and opened the front passenger door. I very startled, stange woman was sitting there. I just said to her. "Oops, sorry, wrong car. It looks just like mine." LOL. I turned around just in time to see Dave coming around the corner. He had decided to turn around and that's why he wasn't there when I cam out. I got in the car and was laughing so hard the tears were streaming down my face. I probably scared the crap out of that poor woman. In my defense, it was the same kind of car and the same color. When I took a better look I could see a few differences (mine has more chrome) but that was it. I don't think I've laughed so hard since Cupid's III.

Heidi...I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your stories...and this one is a visual...I almost spit out my soda from laughing. :D

Good evening. Been without a computer since Sunday but now have new carpet and a new "l" shape computer desk in the front room. Looks bigger than it did before. Today was the last day for this school year for Kay and I to pack backpacks full of food for homeless/food-deprived children. Tomorrow we go back and straighten up the mess and then take the summer off. We leave Sunday for Rockford,Il for 10 days to see elderly parents and then back to sunny Floriduh for the summer.

Good evening. Been without a computer since Sunday but now have new carpet and a new "l" shape computer desk in the front room. Looks bigger than it did before. Today was the last day for this school year for Kay and I to pack backpacks full of food for homeless/food-deprived children. Tomorrow we go back and straighten up the mess and then take the summer off. We leave Sunday for Rockford,Il for 10 days to see elderly parents and then back to sunny Floriduh for the summer.

Rick - If you are anywhere near Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, stop at the Olive Garden and say hello. Just check and ask me here first to see if I'm working (if you can). You'll probably pass right by on your way to Rockford.

Edited by HeidiHo

Grrrrr how irritating.... my phone died today had to get a new one and they couldn't transfer my contacts..... uggghhhh..... guess I should have important numbers written down...

I will text you with my name so you'll have mine again.

Rick - If you are anywhere near Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, stop at the Olive Garden and say hello. Just check and ask me here first to see if I'm working (if you can). You'll probably pass right by on your way to Rockford.

Now it's a race for the first Cupid to see our leader at the Olive Garden in Schaumburg!

I think a prize is in order for first place... how about a breadstick? :D

Heidi I would gladly stop at OG to meet you but we come up via I-39 out of Bloomington-Normal to Rockford so I totally avoid the Metro Chicago traffic. We also go back that way to go to the new Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield which we saw last year and now are meeting friends from St. Louis to give them the "tour". As I stated earlier this is a whirlwind trip since we must get back here to host a luncheon for the ELK State President at our Lodge on the 16th. But, you never know....perhaps next year!!!

Good Morning Breeze Buddies.

It has stopped raining and is bit warmer today. Still very cold for June 1st though. It's 51 right now. It's supposed to be a nice weekend though and is also supposed to be nice Sunday through Tuesday which is when I'll be on my girls trip to Galena

Heidi I would gladly stop at OG to meet you but we come up via I-39 out of Bloomington-Normal to Rockford so I totally avoid the Metro Chicago traffic. We also go back that way to go to the new Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield which we saw last year and now are meeting friends from St. Louis to give them the "tour". As I stated earlier this is a whirlwind trip since we must get back here to host a luncheon for the ELK State President at our Lodge on the 16th. But, you never know....perhaps next year!!!

Rick - Too bad. I thought maybe you were flying into O'Hare and in that case you'd be taking 90 out to Rockford and the OG is right by where 90 and 53 cross.

Ok it was you....I thought so but had 4 Heidis in my phone:rolleyes:

Renee - Sorry. I guess I should have sent you my last name too.

Renee ~ sorry about your phone. I keep meaning to write down my contacts from my phone, but never seem to get around to it.

Sue - doesn't your service provider have some kind of back up for contacts on line? We have Verizon and on my old phone my contacts were backed up. I had to go into the Verizon website and set it up though so you might have to do something like that. When I bought my iPhone yesterday they guy was going to transfer my contacts for me but I forgot to bring my phone so I did it myself at home. Now with my iPhone, the way I understand it, everything is automatically backed up on iCloud.

I sure do love my new iPhone. I played with it for hours yesterday. I love that when I want to send a text I can just speak into the phone instead of type. I have to be careful though and read it before sending because occasionally it will get a word or two wrong if I don't speak clearly enough. It's going to take some practice. Last night I was trying to set a reminder using my voice. I would say "Remind me to give Snickers her medicine" and instead of being asked when I wanted the reminder to set the time, etc., she kept giving me locations of the nearest pharmacies. That's not what I wanted . LOL. I'm sure once I figure everything out it will be great though. I already love it.

Staci will be home briefly this weekend. She's coming home tonight but will be heading into the city tomorrow for some sort of bar crawl. I won't see much of her though because I will be working until at least midnight tonight.

Have a great day. :)

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

WOW, 2 and 1/2 pages from yesterday morning. My eyes were tired.lol

I am off today with PT this afternoon for my back. It seems to be working so hopefully it will continue. Today Kenny gets to learn how to properly massage my back. Oh ya I am waiting for that. If he gets good enough maybe we can set up appointment for our Cupids and pay for our cruise.:D

Mimi, I am so glad that your project came to life and you get to work with those famlies.. Also glad to see you are going back to the gym. Kenny went to ours this morning and learned how to use all the machines. So I will ask my PT guy if I can use them as well. I am also starting the walking in our pool which is suppose to be good for me.

Sue, how sad about that man. You just never know when your life will end.

Heidi, burrrrr we are 85 and rain. We had 4 inches with Byrl the beginning of the week and more today. We have really needed it to fill our ponds as I was ready to plant some tomatoes.lol

Donna, glad to hear you got to spend time with your cousins. That will be fun.

Char, in Virginia the heat use to really bother me, however, being in Florida I love it. Sorry to hear about Jim's leg and I hope the PT really helps him. I have had the shoulder surgery and now the back which seems to be working great. It hurts like hell but worth it in the longrun.

Roe, I am also one that switched group cruises so come on over.

Heidi, you and I could have our own comedy show on the cruise with all our stores, I loved that one for sure! :D

Rick, congrats on all those backpacks you filled up for the homeless. In Virginia I worked for Lillian Vernon catalog company and every year we had an employee sale. the Last year I was there I bought a case of backpacks and filled them with school supplies. Gosh it makes you feel so good.

Renee, sorry about the phone. I have my Dad's old blackberry. The only new phone I had was when I got my first phone.lol My dad saves his so I have the pick when mine bites the dust. Now my grandson has all the bells and whistles. My son has the newest one out and so does my dad, however, poor dad does not know who to use it. He keeps going back to the store.lol

Mark, thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry for that news. Please give your wife a hug for me and tell her she is in my prayers. Congrats on your daughter and I am sure that will be a happy event in your life. Is she going to college?

Well time for a shower and then off to PT. Will check back later so have a super day!!!!

Thanks Cat, it was a rough year. Everyone one except the friend was elderly and ill though. Those are a little easier to accept. The friend though was the 29 year old son of some good friends of ours. He was killed in a car accident. I think I cried as much at his funeral as I did at my moms.

Thanks Cat, it was a rough year. Everyone one except the friend was elderly and ill though. Those are a little easier to accept. The friend though was the 29 year old son of some good friends of ours. He was killed in a car accident. I think I cried as much at his funeral as I did at my moms.

Heidi, so sorry for all that you have had to go through. It is difficult when anyone close dies but when it is unexpected I think it becomes even harder. You never get the chance to say goodbye.

My daugther had to go through it when her fiancee died in a car accident and she was pregnant at the time. Alyson who is 10 now is such a joy to her other grandparents. She is what helped them get through some rough times.

Donna

Wow all the tragedy happening to all my wonderful Breeze buddies. This is why I like group cruises. You really get to know everyone so much that they are like sibs and bros before you even meet them.

My Dream cruise peeps helped me so much when I had my DGS and he was giving me so many problems. If it wasn't for them I don't think I could have made it.

I only wish I was in to cruising back in 1996 when I lost my daughter. That is something you never get over and it has taken me a long time to start living again.

I am here for everyone that may need me good or bad. I may be know as Chatty Cathy or Cat but I am a hell of a listener also.

So on that note.....just came back from PT and I was pulled and prodded into positions I did not know I could go.:eek::eek:

Well just cruising the boards for now, chat later!!!

Yay! The sun is starting to peek out. I hope it's nice for the next few days. The dog is liking the weather today. She doesn't want to come in. She'll stay out all day if I let her. She won't stay out if the kids are home though. Then she wants to be with them. LOL. When Staci is home and sleeping late she'll keep going in her room all morning to check and see if she is up yet and if she isn't she'll lay down in the hallway outside her door and wait. She's so cute.

Wow all the tragedy happening to all my wonderful Breeze buddies. This is why I like group cruises. You really get to know everyone so much that they are like sibs and bros before you even meet them.

My Dream cruise peeps helped me so much when I had my DGS and he was giving me so many problems. If it wasn't for them I don't think I could have made it.

I only wish I was in to cruising back in 1996 when I lost my daughter. That is something you never get over and it has taken me a long time to start living again.

I am here for everyone that may need me good or bad. I may be know as Chatty Cathy or Cat but I am a hell of a listener also.

So on that note.....just came back from PT and I was pulled and prodded into positions I did not know I could go.:eek::eek:

Well just cruising the boards for now, chat later!!!

Cat- A parent should never outlive their children. That's why I think I cried just as much at Rex's funeral as I did my mom's. I can't even begin to imagine what his parents are going through. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Heidi, thank you dear, I so appreciate that.

Now looks like your place is hoping. Tell Staci she can sleep when she gets back to her dorm. Wake her up and say want to go shopping. Zip ready in a minute.lol

The strangest thing just happened. I wanted to download a song to my iPhone. Of course I needed to put in a debit or credit card number so I tried to enter all the info from my Mastercard debit card but every time I tried I got a message telling that the info I entered does not match my bank records. I thought at first I just entered it wrong but I did it several times and got the same message. Then I thought maybe it was because it was a brand new debit card that I just activated yesterday and maybe there is a bit of a lag time before iTunes will recognize the new card but I used it at the grocery store today and it was worked fine. I even dug through the garbage and pulled out my old card and tried entering it with the old expiration date and security code and that didn't work either. Anyone have any idea what might be the problem. Maybe I do just need to give it a couple more days but that doesn't really make sense. I have credit cards I could use but I would prefer to use my debit card because I try really hard not to use credit cards unless I have to. Downloading apps and music to my iPhone is not a necessity. LOL. I use my debit card for my Kindle too because I figure if I can't afford to pay cash for a book then I shouldn't be buying it. BTW, I also went to Amazon and put in the new debit card information and didn't get any kind of message. It was accepted. The card number is the same, just the exp. date and security code has changed. :confused: