*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

I'd like to nominate Cathy P as chat director!! :)

Uh oh! Looks like Sue has some competition. She has held the title of "chattiest" for the past 2 cruises.

Edited by HeidiHo

Uh oh! Looks like Sue has some competition. She has held the title of "chattiest" for the past 2 cruises.

Oooops!!!! I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Perhaps because this is going to be a HUGE group cruise, that there can be two chat directors? (aka title of "chattiest")?

So sorry to Sue! Please forgive me. :)

Edited by PoofyTheCat

The $95,000 excursion in Curacao is a trip into space. I wonder if they charge $25 extra for luggage.

Cat, glad to see you're caught up on the thread! How's work going?

Our home in 630ish days...(just posted by John Heald on Facebook)

tempcabin.jpg

Mimi...thanks for the photo...LOVE those colors. I am like Heidi was getting pretty dang tired of the orange. :rolleyes:

Sue...sure hope the calf is going to be okay...that is the hard part of having animals. I know I sure worry about Mocha & Sparky when they get sick...almost like kids.

Heidi...happy that Eric's injury isn't a fracture...but I have heard that a bad sprain can be worse than a fracture...hopefully this won't interfere with his plans for his internship in Vietnam. How is Stacie doing? Last I heard she had to return to college for a summer job...is she in her new apartment yet?

Dave...how is the strike going? Are you still "walking"?

Poofy...Mimi I remember chatting with you here last year...but I had to cancel so looking forward to meeting you...from one cat lover to another. LOL

Ed...so glad you are going on this cruise...been wanting to sail with you and Dale again and this will be a lot of fun.

Kathy...with a "K"...again we are both booked on a Cupids cruise so third time is a charm...we won't have to cancel this time. :D

Cathy P...you sound like a lot of fun...so really looking forward to meeting you too. :)

Jim said to say hi to everyone...he doesn't know yet about the newpids...I will surprise him when we sail. LOL

Have a wonderful evening to all my Breeze Buddies...kind of catchy name.

Heidi...happy that Eric's injury isn't a fracture...but I have heard that a bad sprain can be worse than a fracture...hopefully this won't interfere with his plans for his internship in Vietnam. How is Stacie doing? Last I heard she had to return to college for a summer job...is she in her new apartment yet?

I have heard too that bad sprains can be worse than fractures sometimes. Only time will tell.

Staci is actually on her way home right now. She took Amtrak for the 1st time. Her train got into Chicago early so she thought she'd be able to catch the 8:40 Metra train out to the suburbs. I'm just waiting to hear for sure that she made the 8:40. If she did I can pick her up at the Metra station at 9:30. If she missed that on then she'll be on the one an hour later. She's not in her apartment yet. She has to sublet for a month. The place she's staying right now is so close to the Amtrak station that she says the trains are waking her up. LOL. At least it's convenient. During the school year there is usually always someone driving home for the weekend so she can usually hitch a ride. That's not the case in the summer though.

Cathy p - I just realized you said your husband is retired from the shipyards at Newport News. Did he work for Northrop Grumman? According to my husband they own the shipyards there. My husband works for Northrop Grumman here.

Good morning, Breeze buddies!!!

Hi, Heidi, yes he did work for Northrop Grumman. He retired after 46 years. He was a Nuclear Pipefitter. It was Newport News Shipyard for a while and then Northrup bought them out. He was on strike for a while but then quit the Union as they were not helping the people much. I was so glad to read that Eric does not have a broken foot.

Mimi, you sweet girl. I could be Sue's assistant in the chat department. I think I still have that banner Marie made me to wear.lol

Char, I try to have fun and love people. I cannot wait to meet all of you as well.

Today is my long day of 7-5 and then only 7-11 tomorrow and off until Tuesday. Yea!!! Nice long weekend. We have nothing really planned except the American Legion on Sat afternoon for our 2 beers and chatting with the guys. We are then going to a big sale they are having at Lake Sumpter, hopefully for some new clothes. How about you all? Anything fun planned?

Well time for breakfast and cruising the boards before work. Have a safe and Memorial Day weekend. Will Chat later.:)

Edited by Cathy p

Good Morning! Like Mimi already said, it's beautiful here. By Sunday it's supposed to be well up into the 90's. Staci already took off for the beach. She'll be home until Monday or Tuesday. Eric "might" come home tomorrow. I kind of hinted that maybe he should come home since he can't work right now. He said he might come home with his friend tomorrow. He could come home on his own since the ankle he sprained is his left so he can drive but I think he doesn't want to spend money on gas.

I will work tonight, have Saturday off but then work Sunday night and most likely Monday night. I'm just not sure about Monday night because the schedules aren't out for next week yet but I normally work on Monday nights. My schedule is USUALLY the same every week but it CAN change from week to week, if my manager needs to change it. The only day that I never work is Saturdays unless I pick up a shift for someone else. It's in the computer that I am not available on Saturdays. If they need me on a Saturday they are supposed to ask me before they schedule me.

Hi, Heidi, yes he did work for Northrop Grumman.

Ah, well then our husbands will have something in common. Dave works in the Quality Engineering department. I actually worked there too for 7 years but I quit 23 years ago when our son was born. That's how we met, sort of anyway. We didn't meet at work but we met through other friends from work. It's a big place and at the time we worked in different departments and different shifts.

I'm sure I'll be posting all weekend but I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. :D

Dang, I had a pretty long post typed and then our power went out and I lost the whole thing. :rolleyes: Glad to have the power back on!

Holy Popsicle!! Woke up to 4 inches of snow this morning. :eek: You guys talking about your beautiful weather are making me jealous, although I can't complain because we really need some moisture here. Two of our 5 hayfields are irrigated by a creek that is not reliable, and it's already almost dry....will be hit or miss whether we have enough hay to even cut in those fields. :( This storm will help, though.

These freak snowstorms in May (or even June!) are not all that unusual around here. One year, we had 18 inches of snow on May 18! The year Dave and I got married (1979), it snowed the night of our wedding....June 16th!

It's so great to have so many people on here chatting!! Last cruise, Heidi, Cruisin Dave and I were sometimes the only ones posting on a regular basis. Cathy P, I will gladly share the title of "Chattiest" with you....although now that I think of it, when I was a kid, there was a doll called "Chatty Cathy"! LOL.

No plans for this Memorial weekend for us. That's ok, we've been gone a lot this year, and have a couple more out of town trips coming up in the next couple months. Sometimes it's nice to just stay home and do nothing.

Heidi ~ hope Eric makes it home and that his ankle heals up quick.

I love that picture of the Breeze cabin!! So nice to see some new colors.

Well since I live in Door County and its Memorial weekend my big plans are work and more work...... let the summer games begin...

Had a relaxing night last night..... out for dinner with someone I met and then a movie.... We will see how he handles my chaotic schedule....:o

Good afternoon Cupids,

Well, we are still on strike.:( I'm walking the picket line tonight but all duty for the weekend has been canceled for the holiday. It will resume on Tuesday. The Union and the company came to an agreement over this. Hopefully that is good news.

Sue, send some of that cool weather this way. This weekend is the unofficial start of summer and it will be in the 90s for now on.

Cathy, I know you can sympathize with me during this strike. The company I work for is located on Federal land and is a closed shop. You have to be a member of the union. The locals don't understand. Texas is a right to work state but since Lockheed is on airforce land it follows different rules. I'm originally from Virginia and visited the Newport News area allot as a kid. Loved the Mariners Museum.

Heidi, hope Eric gets well soon and that Staci gets used to the trains.

Gotta get ready to walk from 4 to 8. It will be a hot one.

Later,

Dave

Heidi, I sent you a request on FB. I hope Eric gets all the care he needs, sprains are terrible to deal with.

My daughter and I are both sick but of course DH is immune to our germs and is escaping to work to get away from us.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Here's a great pic I stole from John Heald's site:

[ATTACH]234685[/ATTACH]

Very Nice. Thanks for sharing. This is the 1st time I have been booked on a ship that isn't in service yet. Can't wait to watch video's of the 1st sailing and all that. I know the Breeze will no longer be brand new by the time we sail but it's still exciting. Does anyone know if Carnival has any more new ships scheduled to come out before we sail? It would be cool to be able to say that we sailed on Carnival's "newest" ship even if it will be a year and a half old by then.

Very Nice. Thanks for sharing. This is the 1st time I have been booked on a ship that isn't in service yet. Can't wait to watch video's of the 1st sailing and all that. I know the Breeze will no longer be brand new by the time we sail but it's still exciting. Does anyone know if Carnival has any more new ships scheduled to come out before we sail? It would be cool to be able to say that we sailed on Carnival's "newest" ship even if it will be a year and a half old by then.

The Destiny is getting a complete redo and being renamed to the Carnival Sunshine but have not read anything about another ship being built.

Have a great day all. Donna

Here's a great pic I stole from John Heald's site:

[ATTACH]234685[/ATTACH]

Dave...nice picture was this on John's FB page? The Breeze will be about 18 months old when we sail...wonder if John will still be the CD? I read he is getting ready to move to the ship as soon as his cabin is ready.

Heidi...she will still be a very new ship...so maybe the passengers before us will leave her in good shape. :D

Sue...how is the sick calf doing? Been thinking about him poor little guy.

Our weather should be nice for the week-end...tho' it is pretty chilly right now and might get some rain and thunder storms before the day ends. :eek:

Checking my finances and this cruise may be a reality if I can find a roommate.... I forgot that Walmart gives quarterly bonuses.... I don't qualify till September but the one next month is in the $450 range.... I can use those to pay for the cruise.... just gotta find a buddy....lol

Good evening Breeze buddies!!!

It was a long day for me 7-5 and most of my calls were in the morning so this afternoon I was looking for something to read.:eek:

Heidi, I hope that Eric gets home soon so he can get some of Mom's TLC. I know how you can worry about that.

We went to the Olive Garden the other day for lunch and OMG I love the bread sticks. YUM!!

I just told Kenny about your DH and he said yep lots to talk about over a few drinks I bet.lol

Sue, SNOW, OMG:eek: you need to move. I wish I could some you some of my heat.

I owned that Chatty Cathy doll. My mom said they named it after me. All my reports cards said Cathy is so social at times a bit much. Now what the heck is that about. I use to ask my mom I thought I was suppose to be social. She would yes but not so much chatting.;)

Renee, now you just don't say you met a guy and then say nothin else. What the heck....details, please!!:)

Dave, I sure know what you are going thru. I hope they get it settled and maybe back to work next week. Fingers & toes crossed with a few prayers thrown in for good measure.

Welcome, Barbara and Jerry. Have you booked yet?

Candi, I hope that you and your baby are feeling better and that the DH is waiting on both of you when he gets home.

Renee, no problem with a roommate for sure. You still have plenty of time. Just tell them the final payment does not have to be paid until the end of next year, almost.

Well that is about it for me, time to check my sugar before dinner. If I don't make it back on here tonight will chat in the am before my 7-11 shift.

Have a super weekend everyone and please be safe. I can never have enough Breeze buddies!!!:D

Jerry and I have been on cruises before, but this one adds two new ports of call for us. So we are excited about going. I will need help getting around this site, I want to post and have posts sent to me. So if I make a mistake, please bear with me.

Ilaga;)

Jerry and I have been on cruises before, but this one adds two new ports of call for us. So we are excited about going. I will need help getting around this site, I want to post and have posts sent to me. So if I make a mistake, please bear with me.

Ilaga;)

Bumping you to the newest page. So sorry for my test going to the next page.

Which ports will be new for you?

Edited by PoofyTheCat

Renee, now you just don't say you met a guy and then say nothin else. What the heck....details, please!!:)

I'm finding dating at my age a scary thing :rolleyes:. He is 45 a few years younger than I am but seems very nice. We have been out 4 or 5 times...... we will see what happens.... maybe he will be my roomie for the cruise.....