*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

:confused: I just talked to Erin and was told that I can not book a quad balcony (and we would be traveling with our two children) unless we wanted to get an assigned room and pay the full deposit. She was going to call Carnival and find out if there's any way around it...so that we can book now. Has anyone ever had this experience with a group cruise???

I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding guarantee cabins with 4 people in them.

Booked:

HeidiHo (Heidi and Dave) Late seating

momofzeke (Sue and Dave) Late seating

Cruisin Dave (Dave and Bettie) Late seating

stepha06 (Stephanie and Justin) Late seating

CruisefromNY (Anna and Jeff) Late seating

ktravel (Kathy and Joe) Late seating

Ducman & Nazarushka(Chris and Michelle) Early seating

De-Luxe08 (Donna and Ed) Late seating

Mimiof2 (Lisa and Kevin) Early seating

Edited by HeidiHo

DH and I are both 56. Two grown sons. Oldest 32 and married to a wonderful girl. Our other son 28 is single. We live in a small town in western KY with 2 cats and 2 dogs. Looking forward to making new friends who enjoy cruising. Kathy

I'm Renee, 46 and single. Live in a small tourist area in Wisconsin on the peninsula. I work in accounting and as a waitress part time. I have a 21 yr old daughter and her cat living with me. I was on the Cupids Cruise out of San Diego and would love to make this one. All new ports for me........

So happy to see all the "booked" peeps!

Chris & Michelle ~ YAY, glad to see you booked!

Lisa & Kevin, Donna & Ed ~ happy to have you booked also!

Char ~ sure hope it works out for you and Jim. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Renee ~ come on, girl!! Make it happen! Good luck with the new job (another new job? or a different new job?)!!

Heidi ~ sure hope they find Eric's missing friend.

Good morning Cupid's and Newpid's!!!

It's been a busy couple of days for me. Some of you already know that our daughter Staci came home from college last Friday. We thought she'd be home for a month and then go back to Normal, Illinois (Illinois State University) in mid June when she can move into her apartment. Well, right after she got home on Friday evening she checked her email and found out that she was offered a summer job at the University so now she has to go back tomorrow to start training. She is going to sublet a room from some friends till her apartment is ready. Then our son, Eric came home on on Tuesday night. He hasn't been home since mid December. He graduated from college (University of Illinois) in December but stayed in Champaign, Illinois to work. It's the 1st time all 4 of us have been together since Christmas. He left again this morning to work for a few more weeks but he'll be leaving in June for a paid internship in Vietnam and will probably be gone 6-9 months. So anyway, between work, doing cruise stuff and family time, I've been busy.

Heidi ~ sure hope they find Eric's missing friend.

So far there is no word on Michael. It's very scary and I can't even imagine what the parents are going through. I don't know the family well but my kids know the kids very well. Eric played football with Michael starting with the youth football league they were in as 8th graders and then in high school so we know them from all those football games but that's it. Those of you who have known me a long time might remember that about 3 1/2 years ago one of the other boys from Eric's 8th grade youth football team was murdered. That case just came to trial a couple of weeks ago and the guy was convicted. I pray that Michael is OK.

Well, I'm off to the dentist for a cleaning.

Have a good day!

Morning everyone...

We have a busy day ahead of us and getting ready to leave soon but wanted to stop by before we left.

Heidi & Sue...I am so eager to meet the two of you so I am going to work very hard to make this cruise work...I am taking our calendars with me today so I can see how to move things around...I was telling Jim last night that we have been chatting with each other now for four years and haven't met yet but we will meet on this cruise...he was amazed that women could do this...so I didn't tell him about all the other cupids that I have been chatting with too...too much for him at once I think. :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has a good day...and I am hoping to contact Erin in a few days. :D

Edited by roudy1

So far there is no word on Michael. It's very scary and I can't even imagine what the parents are going through. I don't know the family well but my kids know the kids very well. Eric played football with Michael starting with the youth football league they were in as 8th graders and then in high school so we know them from all those football games but that's it. Those of you who have known me a long time might remember that about 3 1/2 years ago one of the other boys from Eric's 8th grade youth football team was murdered. That case just came to trial a couple of weeks ago and the guy was convicted. I pray that Michael is OK.

Michael has been found safe! That's all we know though. There is an updated report in our newspaper on line but they don't say a word about where he has been or what happened. Who knows, maybe he got into a fight with his parents or a girlfriend or something and decided to take off for a while. He IS an adult after all but still, not a nice thing to put your family and friends through. The main thing is he's OK though. I may get more details from my kids when they start hearing things.

You would think I know the answer to this....but I don't. What is the difference between a cove balcony and a regular balcony room?

The Cove balconies are very low on the ship. The interior of the cabin should be identical to regular balconies. I forget what deck but they are below all the public area on deck 2 or 3, I think. Because they are so low to the water, they are like actually "cut" out of the hull of the ship which makes them appear more enclosed. They don't have the plexiglass below the railing like the regular balconies, it's just metal. Also, because they are so low there are doors that the crew will close a lock over your balcony door when seas are very rough so you wouldn't be able to use the balcony then. You probably wouldn't want to anyway because it would be wet. Anyway, I lot of people love them because they think it's so cool to be so close to the water and they are the cheapest balconies available. If you book one be careful of the location because they are below public areas and can be noisy. I wouldn't want one below the galley, for instance because it can be noisy early in the morning. I've heard that a good area is below the excursion desk. Take look at the deck plans on the Carnival site to see what's above them.

Edited by HeidiHo

You would think I know the answer to this....but I don't. What is the difference between a cove balcony and a regular balcony room?

(cruise line rooms .com) has pictures posted of various cabins. Even though there won't be a picture a Cove Balcony cabin for the Breeze, I believe the Dream and the Magic have Cove balconies. So, if you find a Cove Cabin number from Carnival's deck plan and then go to this website, you might be able to find an actual picture of a Cove Balcony Cabin.

Hope this helps, Donna

I have to agree with this 100%. We missed you on the last cruise.

Thanks Dave...we missed all of you last time too. I will be calling Erin on Monday to book...we will be gone all afternoon today so won't be a good time to talk with her. Jim and I made some changes in our plans for end of next year so we could take this cruise...will be a lot of fun. :D

Hi Cupid's!!!

Another TGIF. :D However, I have to work tonight. :( Will go in at 5PM and get off hopefully by 8AM.

Not booked yet, but will be soon.

I am Kathy and my DH is Frank. We are both in our mid 50's and live in Oklahoma. We were on the first Cupid's cruise in 2008. We were booked for each of the other Cupid Cruises, but had to cancel. Frank's dad died about a week before the 2nd Cupid Cruise. Before final payment on the 3rd cruise there was job changes happening in Feb with Frank's job. We weren't sure if Frank would still have a position and if his new boss would OK his time off, even though his old boss OK'd it long ago.

We have 2 DS age 20 and 23. Would love for them to come on this cruise, but to far away for them to commit at this time. I am a nurse and Frank is a Computer Programmer.

I noticed on the group cruise page we are now listed. the pricing page is up

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=269&setrd=s

Our Forum page is there, but unable to access it. It says you must be registered and logged in to see posts. I am registered and logged in, so not sure what the problem is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=820

Have a good weekend everyone.

Edited by AKB10

Good Afternoon! :)

Not booked yet, but will be soon.

Our Forum page is there, but unable to access it. It says you must be registered and logged in to see posts. I am registered and logged in, so not sure what the problem is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=820

Kathy - hopefully 3rd times a charm. LOL

I think I need to go to the forum page and start something. Laura sent me this big long email with all kinds of info and that was in there but with my kids being home this week I haven't had time They are both gone again but now I have to work tonight and Sunday. tomorrow I want to get my flowers planted. hopefully I will get to it sometime next week. I don't think it's crucial that I do it right away since the majority of the chatter fro our group happens here and the rest of the info is on the Member Cruises board. Another thing I want to do this weekend is look into travel insurance. I turned down what was offered when I booked but only until I have a chance to research other options. Last time i ended up calling back and getting what was originally offered anyway. I definitely want to get this done soon because I want the pre-existing conditions waiver and I don't want to forget.

Have a good weekend. :)

Hi everyone!

Only 637 days to go!

Ah, such a short time. For the cruise we just took in Feburary for Cupid's III, we had booked 681 days out. And Cupid's II was 698 days. :D

For those following the link from the Member Cruises page to the forum, I went ahead and posted a thread, just so there was one available. I really didn't put much in it, just the itinerary information that Heidi started this thread with, but at least it is something. It looks like that forum is titled "Pricing and Booking Info", so I assume its where the prices and anything regarding prices should be posted for anyone interested to find.

As opposed to this thread which looks like its going to be our "meet and chat" thread for this cruise. Think we'll hit 500 pages again? :cool:

Thanks Michelle. you did exactly what I would have done.

Well, this is really annoying. I went to Insuremytrip and tried to look at insurance plans but I just got messages that my trip was too far out to buy insurance. WTH... How can we get the pre exisitng conditions waiver if it's too early to buy. Most policies say you must but within 14-21 days of initial deposit to get the pre existing conditions waiver. It won't even let me compare the policies to see what's better. I really just want to see if I can find something I like better than what Crucon offered. Maybe I'll have to put in a fake date to compare policies and then if I want to buy I might have to go to individual companies websites to see if I can buy. Does anyone here know which insurance Crucon is offering. I know it's Travel Insured but there are 4 different levels of coverage with them. They are listed below from cheapest to most expensive.

Trip Protector Lite

Trip Protector Lite Expanded

Worldwide Trip Protector

Worldwide Trip Protector gold

Edited by HeidiHo

Thanks Michelle. you did exactly what I would have done.

Well, this is really annoying. I went to Insuremytrip and tried to look at insurance plans but I just got messages that my trip was too far out to buy insurance. WTH... How can we get the pre exisitng conditions waiver if it's too early to buy. Most policies say you must but within 14-21 days of initial deposit to get the pre existing conditions waiver. It won't even let me compare the policies to see what's better. I really just want to see if I can find something I like better than what Crucon offered. Maybe I'll have to put in a fake date to compare policies and then if I want to buy I might have to go to individual companies websites to see if I can buy. Does anyone here know which insurance Crucon is offering. I know it's Travel Insured but there are 4 different levels of coverage with them. They are listed below from cheapest to most expensive.

Trip Protector Lite

Trip Protector Lite Expanded

Worldwide Trip Protector

Worldwide Trip Protector gold

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to check on pricing also, I told Erin I would give her a call back on Mon. Not sure what they are offering except that she quoted me a price of $106 pp, but I didn't book an 8C, I booked something different and on Deck 8 and she also mentioned $100,000 (I believe this is evac). I know, I'm not much of help but that is all I kinda remember. I was going to go over it in detail once I got other quotes.

The most important thing to me is the pre-existing and the evac coverage. A friend of ours had be life-flighted out the Dominican Republic and it cost $35,000 just for the jet to take off.

Donna

Hi everyone...

The insurance thingy can be confusing. We always get insurance and usually pay more than we really want to so that it is primary due to some health issues Jim and I have...this time tho' I am going a step farther and getting special evacuation insurance...this is where a medical evacuation company will send a jet or helicopter to pick you us and take us to the hospital of our choice no matter where it is. I have a few companies on line to check out...and the nice thing about this is you don't have to purchase it 14 days after booking...you can purchase most of them as little as 30 days before you leave. This way I sleep at night and don't have to worry while on our cruise. :)

I will be calling Erin on Monday...we have been gone most of the day so I didn't even try today. I will let you know Heidi when I get our booking confirmed. We are excited. :D

The Cove balconies are very low on the ship. The interior of the cabin should be identical to regular balconies. I forget what deck but they are below all the public area on deck 2 or 3, I think. Because they are so low to the water, they are like actually "cut" out of the hull of the ship which makes them appear more enclosed. They don't have the plexiglass below the railing like the regular balconies, it's just metal. Also, because they are so low there are doors that the crew will close a lock over your balcony door when seas are very rough so you wouldn't be able to use the balcony then. You probably wouldn't want to anyway because it would be wet. Anyway, I lot of people love them because they think it's so cool to be so close to the water and they are the cheapest balconies available. If you book one be careful of the location because they are below public areas and can be noisy. I wouldn't want one below the galley, for instance because it can be noisy early in the morning. I've heard that a good area is below the excursion desk. Take look at the deck plans on the Carnival site to see what's above them.

Thanx Heidi for the info...cove balconys are of no interest to me. Now the next question is what is the difference between a B and a C balcony./ Looked on the Carnival site but couldn't find a B catagory.

Thanx Heidi for the info...cove balconys are of no interest to me. Now the next question is what is the difference between a B and a C balcony./ Looked on the Carnival site but couldn't find a B catagory.

The only difference between a Cat C and a Cat B is floor and location. They will be the same size and have the same perks, which is none.:rolleyes: I like the Cat C because you are normally away from the sound above and below you. With a Cat B you could be located above the dance club, theater or below the Lido, buffet. Hope this helps.

Dave

I sent Erin an email and she sent me a copy of the insurance so now I just have to go back and compare their policy and some of the others. At insuremytrip I did get prices quoted, it was when I actually clicked to "compare" some of the policies or if I attempted to "buy" (even though I wasn't actually going to buy), that's when I got the message that I was trying to buy too far out. After I get a chance to compare policies (hopefully later today) I will let you know which one of Travel Insured packages the one from Crucon compares too. The one Crucon offers is more of a "custom" package just for Crucon so it doesn't have a name on like "Trip Protector Lite" or "Worldwide Trip Protector." I will have to compare the benefits.

Edited by HeidiHo

I sent Erin an email and she sent me a copy of the insurance so now I just have to go back and compare their policy and some of the others. At insuremytrip I did get prices quoted, it was when I actually clicked to "compare" some of the policies or if I attempted to "buy" (even though I wasn't actually going to buy), that's when I got the message that I was trying to buy too far out. After I get a chance to compare policies (hopefully later today) i will let you know which one of Travel Insured packages the one from Crucon compares too. the one Crucon offers is more of a "custom" pages so it doesn't have a name on like "Trip Protector Lite or Worlwide Trip Protector." I will have to compare.

Heidi...is Erin working today? Doesn't matter tho' because we have a family picnic to go to and will be gone all day...but just wondering.

Can you send me her email?

Thanks