*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

FYI, this is the email I got from Erin today.

Good Afternoon Heidi,

I just wanted to advise that I will be out of the office from today May 23, 2012 to June 5, 2012.

If you or any one in your group have any questions please contact Kathryn at 800-493-6609 ext. 1640.

Thanks…

Erin

Good Afternoon! What a great day. I just got home from work and it 82 degrees and sunny. I'm taking a little break right now (I'm on my feet constantly at work) and then I have a couple more flowers I want to plant so I'll go outside and do that.

Just to clarify, the 8C's aren't actually sold out, just the 8C's guarantees with the $25.00 deposit that they allocated for the group. If you really want an 8C you can still get one, you'll just have to put a full deposit down. I don't want anyone to be confused. Thanks for letting us know that Erin will be out of the office.

Sorry, Heidi, I was only interested in the $25 deposit:o She did offer me the other one if I wanted to pay the whole deposit. I have been in both and it doesn't matter as long as I can have the balcony.

Mimi - don't worry. When we first became official Johna said she'd be available to answer any of our questions. If she doesn't have time to get back to you she can just pass your message on to Catherine.

Char - thanks for re-posting the link. I was thinking that I will have to re-post it occasionally

I am up to page 8 reading so I shall continue.:)

That was so fun!! It really did make my day for all of you to come say goodbye to me. I was feeling so sad not to get to see everyone on the last day of the cruise.

Welcome, Rick!

Cathy P ~ if you book, we will have 3 Cathy's (or Kathy's)! We already have 3 Dave's...with 2 more planning to book. On Cupid's 2, we had "The Five Daves" and it was funny. Last cruise, 1 of those Daves did not make it, but 4 did.

I guess we now have 3 Cathy's(Kathy). I have only shared a group cruise with one other Kathy. I wonder how many we will end up with.

I guess we now have 3 Cathy's(Kathy). I have only shared a group cruise with one other Kathy. I wonder how many we will end up with.

Welcome to one of the Cathy's from one of the other Kathy's. :D

I am not official, but will be when I get paid again. I want to choose a cabin, so will have to pay full deposit. Looking at an inside spa cabin. I have only ever done 1 spa treatment in my 3 cruises and I think Carnival's spa treatments are over priced, but the use of the spa amenities sounds good. But I could change my mind again in the next week or two. We have never had an inside cabin, only ocean view and balcony, so not to sure about an inside.

Hi, everyone! I am Cathy (61) and my hubby is Kenny (70) we are very interested in this cruise. I tried to call Erin but I forgot they are on the East Coast and close early. I was wondering if they have any of slots left for the $25 deal. I noticed you all were talking about balconies but I would take an inside. We were on the Dream or Liberty with Lisa and Dave so it will be nice to hook up with them again. Will get back once I book for sure.:)

Hi Cathy ! We were on the Liberty Looney cruise with you Jan 2011 !

Mimi & Andy too! Although I think I brought my husband Kevin, not Dave ;)

Hi Cathy ! We were on the Liberty Looney cruise with you Jan 2011 !

Mimi & Andy too! Although I think I brought my husband Kevin, not Dave

:oOK Lisa yes you brought Kevin. Geez I kept seeing all the Dave's listed plus I had my eyes dialated not to mention getting old. Sooooo how is Kevin. Give him a hug for me.:)

Good morning to all my new Breeze buddies! It is suppose to be hot and humid today and we are going to see my softball team from work play at 5:30 tonight.

Dave, we shall see if we can come up with a few more Kathy's or Cathy's to keep everyone confused.

Hi, Kathy, I did the spa package on the Dream and that pool they had for therapy was wonderful. We have done several inside cabins and love them. For as much time as you spend in there the price is great.

We are doing our first Port Hole on the Imagination in September. I am sure we will enjoy that.

Well will read the boards a bit and then off to work. I hope everyone has a super day.

BTW, I found an interesting excursion for Curacao. It's only $95,000 per person ...

Oh yeah - where do we sign up - wait, is that before or after a group discount!

It's going to be a gorgeous day here, low-mid 80s and lots of sunshine. Great day to be outdoors, but unfortunately, I must work.

Wishing everyone a great day, Donna

The $95,000 excursion in Curacao is a trip into space. I wonder if they charge $25 extra for luggage.

Cat, glad to see you're caught up on the thread! How's work going?

Our home in 630ish days...(just posted by John Heald on Facebook)

tempcabin.jpg

Edited by PoofyTheCat

FYI, this is the email I got from Erin today.

Good Afternoon Heidi,

I just wanted to advise that I will be out of the office from today May 23, 2012 to June 5, 2012.

If you or any one in your group have any questions please contact Kathryn at 800-493-6609 ext. 1640.

Thanks…

Erin

:D I called yesterday to book but got Erin's away message, glad this information was posted during my pregnancy induced narcolepsy.

We attempted to get on the Feb 2013 Breeze cruise but found out we are expecting and these little people cost! So glad to see this one up and ready. I will be contacting Kathryn to get us set up next week after the holiday. We're in the middle of moving and I'm still working so need to get all out that out of the way.

Can't wait to be a Newpid

Candi, DH + 2 kids

Edited by Rhys616

Good Afternoon. It's hot here today. it's supposed to get near 90 degress. I love it. Today is my day off but I went in to the OG (that's the Olive Garden to you Newpid's) and did a delivery and they also sent me to Walmart to pick up some ibuprofen for the restaurant. That worked out perfect because I was going to Walmart after the delivery anyway.

I am anxiously waiting for a call from my son, Eric. He called me yesterday to say he had injured his ankle playing soccer and couldn't walk on it at all. He was going to get it checked out today. He doesn't think it's broken but I said he should get it x-rayed anyway. The timing of this really stinks. For those of you who don't know, Eric is supposed to be leaving in mid June for a 6 month internship in Vietnam. He's down in Champaign, Illinois where he was a college student until he graduated in December. He stayed down there to work at the restaurant he worked at as a student so he could save as much money as possible for the trip. He was planning to move home by June 8th because that's when he has to be out of his apartment. Now he can't work because of the injury but he needed to work as long as he possibly could to save money. He might have to delay his trip now but by the time his ankle heals he won't have a place live if he wants to go back to work for a while longer. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe he can find someone to crash with for a while though. He wouldn't have a job if he came home.

Our home in 630ish days...(just posted by John Heald on Facebook)

tempcabin.jpg

So glad to see some new colors in the cabins. I'm so tired of orange although, this one still has some orange. LOL

Good morning, Breeze Buddies (love that, Cathy!)!

I think we have a new nick name for Cupid's IV, Breeze Buddies. Thanks Cathy. :D

:D I called yesterday to book but got Erin's away message, glad this information was posted during my pregnancy induced narcolepsy.

We attempted to get on the Feb 2013 Breeze cruise but found out we are expecting and these little people cost! So glad to see this one up and ready. I will be contacting Kathryn to get us set up next week after the holiday. We're in the middle of moving and I'm still working so need to get all out that out of the way.

Can't wait to be a Newpid

Candi, DH + 2 kids

Candi - Hope to see you booked soon.

Mimi, just a thought, will the ship wait if we are late returning. Hate to miss sail-away.

Of course the ship will wait! It would be a nightmare for Carnival's public relations representatives to have to say that they sailed away and left heroic astronauts in Curacao! :eek:

Heidi, I hope your son feels better real soon.

Cathy, do you think you can smuggle some tooters for the cabin crawl? I'll reimburse.

Sue, I'm so glad we booked as well! We're going all in for this cruise.

How many of the Cupids and Newpids live in Chicagoland?

Edited by PoofyTheCat

Don't live in Chicagoland anymore but Elgin was home for decades. Now residing in Paradise (aka Floriduh). Will be in Rockford the week of June 4th. to visit elderly parents.

You already know we are from Hoffman Estates. Ed, (ed_k_tx) is originally from Arlington Heights, I think, but lives in Texas now. And then there's Sue and Rich (Budbo) from Buffalo Grove. They aren't booked and most likely won't book anytime soon but there's an excellent chance they'll join us. Gail (cruisin2sun) is from Wheaton but she doesn't think she'll book this one. She's not happy that Carnival did away with the single supplement and I don't blame her. Other cruise lines treat their singles better.

Good news from Eric, I think. They don't think his ankle is broken, just badly sprained. They gave him a boot. Just by coincidence, his closest friend at U of I is the son of an orthopedic surgeon. He happens to be going home this weekend so Eric is sending his x-rays home with him so his dad can take a look at them. A 2nd opinion can't hurt, especially since the doctor who looked at his xrays today is just a general practitioner and very young, Eric said. he also said he'd just delay his trip a while and even though he has to be out of his apartment by June 8th he'll just stay with his friend (the doctor's son) till he can go back to work and save up some more money.

Edited by HeidiHo

Mimi, just a thought, will the ship wait if we are late returning. Hate to miss sail-away.

Only if its a Carnival excursion, Dave ! LOL

We USED to :) I left in 1987, DH in1993.....Most of our family is still there. We drove up for Easter to visit, my father isn't doing well.

Good news from Eric, I think. They don't think his ankle is broken, just badly sprained. They gave him a boot. Just by coincidence, his closest friend at U of I is the son of an orthopedic surgeon. He happens to be going home this weekend so Eric is sending his x-rays home with him so his dad can take a look at them. A 2nd opinion can't hurt, especially since the doctor who looked at his xrays today is just a general practitioner and very young, Eric said. he also said he'd just delay his trip a while and even though he has to be out of his apartment by June 8th he'll just stay with his friend (the doctor's son) till he can go back to work and save up some more money.

Thats good news, Heidi. Hopefully the second opinion is the same.

I started a new thread for group activities on our group forum. Of course we can talk about them here too but as this thread gets longer and longer it gets harder to go back and find things. It will be easier to have separate threads for different things. I was chatting with Mimi earlier today and she suggested that we go ahead and make some plans for activities now even though it real early so that prospective Newpid's will see how much fun we are going to have and will be more likely to book. So post your ideas here and on the forum thread. Here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33893386#post33893386

I have also added separate threads in the group forum for excursion ideas for each port. Of course, we won't all be doing all of our excursions together but it would be great to share ideas for those who do want to do things together and also just to share information.

Edited by HeidiHo

:oOK Lisa yes you brought Kevin. Geez I kept seeing all the Dave's listed plus I had my eyes dialated not to mention getting old. Sooooo how is Kevin. Give him a hug for me.:)

Good morning to all my new Breeze buddies! It is suppose to be hot and humid today and we are going to see my softball team from work play at 5:30 tonight.

Dave, we shall see if we can come up with a few more Kathy's or Cathy's to keep everyone confused.

Hi, Kathy, I did the spa package on the Dream and that pool they had for therapy was wonderful. We have done several inside cabins and love them. For as much time as you spend in there the price is great.

We are doing our first Port Hole on the Imagination in September. I am sure we will enjoy that.

Well will read the boards a bit and then off to work. I hope everyone has a super day.

Hello Breeze Buddy, Cathy !

Kevin is doing great, working hard. I have been off three days, then back for 4 shifts in three nights starting tomorrow. Unless they schedule me for Memorial Day too.....

You already know we are from Hoffman Estates. Ed, (ed_k_tx) is originally from Arlington Heights, I think, but lives in Texas now. And then there's Sue and Rich (Budbo) from Buffalo Grove. They aren't booked and most likely won't book anytime soon but there's an excellent chance they'll join us. Gail (cruisin2sun) is from Wheaton but she doesn't think she'll book this one. She's not happy that Carnival did away with the single supplement and I don't blame her. Other cruise lines treat their singles better.

Actually grew up in Wilmette. My mother lives in Arlington Heights now. I have a sister in Elgin and another in Palos Park. Still have several cousins in the area and we try to get up there a couple of times a year.

Ed

Cathy p - I just realized you said your husband is retired from the shipyards at Newport News. Did he work for Northrop Grumman? According to my husband they own the shipyards there. My husband works for Northrop Grumman here.

Edited by HeidiHo