*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Hello,

Just logged into this group. I was wondering about the pricing. Why is it $200 more pp than the early saver rates listed on the Carnival website? Couldn't we get a better deal with such a large group?

~Shelet

Good Evening Cupids,

This is a great feeling having another cruise planned and not doing the planning.

I'm Dave and my DW is Bettie. I was the leader of the Cupids for the first 3 cruises but passed the baton on to Heidi for this cruise. I became leader on the first cruise because the original leader had to drop out and everyone just pointed at me.

We live in the DFW area. I'm 59 and Bettie is retired. I'm sworned not to tell her age. LOL We have 2 daughters and 5 grandkids. This will be our 11th cruise and our 7th on Carnival.

I work for a major aircraft manufacturer but currently we are on strike. Hopefully the economic strike will be over soon and everything will get back to normal. Bettie is retired from University of North Texas where she was a buyer.

Can't wait to meet everyone over the next 20 months. LOL

Later,

Dave

Hello,

Just logged into this group. I was wondering about the pricing. Why is it $200 more pp than the early saver rates listed on the Carnival website? Couldn't we get a better deal with such a large group?

~Shelet

You can get a cheaper rate by booking the early saver rate but you will loose your deposit if you cancel and be sure to factor in the port charges and taxes when deciding. Rates may still go down between now and sailing.

Dave

DH and I are official. Erin returned our call so fast. I do not know how to do a countdown clock, any suggestions?

Just go to the top of the page and click on "count down clocks" then follow the instructions. Your old count down clock says your names are Kathy and Joe. Is that correct?

Booked:

HeidiHo (Heidi and Dave) Late seating

momofzeke (Sue and Dave) Late seating

Cruisin Dave (Dave and Bettie) Late seating

stepha06 (Stephanie and Justin) Late seating

CruisefromNY (Anna and Jeff) Late seating

ktravel (Kathy and Joe)

Edited by HeidiHo

Since we've never cruised on a group cruise and this date is so far off, I would like to know if there will be a price adjustment or OBC if the price goes down. Really looking forward to this and anxiously awaiting pricing info.

I do not know how to do a countdown clock, any suggestions?

Kathy ~ you can go to "User CP" at the top of the page, then click on "edit signature" (left side of page). There, you will see the gobbdledy-gook that is your countdown clock. Where the date of your old one is, just change the numbers to 02-15-2014. Then, you can edit the "30th anniversary" to Cupids IV...then click "save signature".

Glad to have you onboard!! :D

Good morning Cupid's and Newpids.

I would like to ask all my friends here to say a prayer for my daughter Staci's friend Mike. He has gone missing. I opened my newspaper this morning only to find and article about him and that he hasn't been seen since he left for a business meeting yesterday morning. He's 22 years old so not a minor but they must think something is wrong because they don't usually consider adults as "missing" until they've been missing much longer. Staci was just at his house for a party on Saturday night. In fact, I picked her and her friends up there after the party because none of them had driven since they knew they would be drinking.

Yay - glad it's official - now dying to see pricing!! Member page is still not up so sent an email to Heidi now just waiting.... ;)

I'll send you pricing in a bit. I haven't checked my email yet today. :)

Since we've never cruised on a group cruise and this date is so far off, I would like to know if there will be a price adjustment or OBC if the price goes down. Really looking forward to this and anxiously awaiting pricing info.

It's my understanding that groups can receive price adjustments too although I don't think we got any for the last 2 Cupid's cruises because the prices never went down, only up.

Have a good day!

Booked:

ktravel (Kathy and Joe) Late seating

I just got an email from Laura. She said she is working on our web page right now. She said she went to work on it yesterday only to discover that even though Johna said she had copied them to her she didn't so Laura had to get the prices from Johna. I just did the same thing to one of our "possibles." She asked me to send her prices but I forgot to paste them into the email. :o Keep checking the "Memeber Cruises" board if you want to see prices. It should be going up any time.

Gotta go. I'll be away for the afternoon because I have to work but I also just got a call from my boss asking me to stop at one of our other restaurants to pick up some stuff on my way to work so I'll have to leave about a half hour earlier than normal.

Good morning Cupid's and Newpids.

I would like to ask all my friends here to say a prayer for my daughter Staci's friend Mike. He has gone missing. I opened my newspaper this morning only to find and article about him and that he hasn't been seen since he left for a business meeting yesterday morning. He's 22 years old so not a minor but they must think something is wrong because they don't usually consider adults as "missing" until they've been missing much longer. Staci was just at his house for a party on Saturday night. In fact, I picked her and her friends up there after the party because none of them had driven since they knew they would be drinking.

What a sad thing. I will keep him, his family and friends in my prayers.

Just got off the phone with Erin and we are now booked. Since I wanted to pick a specific cabin, we paid the full deposit. She has already emailed me the confirmation information, I signed and faxed it back to her and I'm just waiting to get the official booking email. We also did late seating dinner. It was a pleasure dealing with Erin, she was very sweet and helpful.

Now a little about us -- my name is Donna and my husband is Ed. We are both in are mid-50s, have 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters and 2 dogs. We live in North Ridgeville, Ohio which is about 30 miles west of downtown Cleveland. I have worked for an attorney for the past 25 yrs. and my husband has worked in the steel mill for 35 yrs. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Have a great day, Donna

Heidi ~ how scary about Staci's friend going missing. I sure hope they find him and it turns out to be a case of him just forgetting to tell people he was going to be away or something like that. Sending prayers.

Donna ~ great to have you with us! We paid full deposit also, because I like to pick my cabin. We have a cabin next to Heidi & Dave and will open the balcony divider between our 2 balconies. Did that last cruise and it was great!

Kathy ~ glad to have you onboard! Countdown clock looks great!

:confused: I just talked to Erin and was told that I can not book a quad balcony (and we would be traveling with our two children) unless we wanted to get an assigned room and pay the full deposit. She was going to call Carnival and find out if there's any way around it...so that we can book now. Has anyone ever had this experience with a group cruise???

Just got off the phone with Erin and we are now booked.

Howdy all,

We are now booked into a cove balcony. Early dinner...

Chris & Michelle

Good to see more people booked. I'll add you to the booked list.

Glad to see the web page is up.

There is no news on the missing boy. Actually I got mixed up and it's not Staci's friend that's missing, it's his older brother but he is a friend of my son Eric.

Booked:

ktravel (Kathy and Joe) Late seating

Ducman (Chris and Michelle) Early seating

De-Luxe08 (Donna and Ed) Late seating

Mimiof2 (Lisa and Kevin) Early seating

Edited by HeidiHo

Heidi...I sent you an email...but looks like Jim and I will be able to book this cruise after all...but we need to readjust a few things for end of next year and we are really busy for the rest of May...so early next month we should know for sure...but looks really good. :D

Actually I kind of feel like a Newpid...been a while since I was a Cupid. LOL