*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Morning.

This morning I was reading my newspaper and just scanning the names in the obituaries only to discover that Dave's Aunt passed away. :( At first I thought that it was a little odd than none of Dave's cousin's called to let us know but the more I thought about it, since services aren't until Sunday evening and Monday morning, they were probably just waiting until arrangements were made. I'm sure that either Dave or one of his brothers will get a call today. I called Dave at work and his brothers so they all know now. His aunt didn't live far from us so we will be able to go to the funeral on Monday.

I am taking the cat to the vet today. She needs blood tests just to check her medication. She is doing better though and seems to have put on some weight. She still annoys us some with her meowing and some of her behavior is a little bizarre but she's way better than she was before we started her on the meds so we're happy. After all, she's almost 17 so health problems are inevitable.

Have a great day. :)

Well something different today...instead of the downpours (sorry Dave) in the afternoon I was in the pool at 9:00 this morning when the rains started. I'm trying to be a good boy and do the exercises the Physical therapist gave me. I see him three times a week and I must admit my back is getting much better than I had hoped for.

Welcome Ryan and Greg!! The more the merrier.......

I checked SWA again last night and they have not posted the fares for the 14th. from California but I found something very interesting. Jann and Kenn live in the high desert between Orange County and San Diego. Out of Orange Cty. the fare coming to Florida is $311.00. Out of San Diego though the fare is only $178.00 to Florida. Both airports are $178.00 going back to Ca.

Hmmm does anybody have any extra money laying around. I have to make the deposit on this cruise on August the 16th. and the final payment on the Brilliance cruise on the 17th! That's what I get for booking two cruises......

Hmmm does anybody have any extra money laying around. I have to make the deposit on this cruise on August the 16th. and the final payment on the Brilliance cruise on the 17th! That's what I get for booking two cruises......

Is the August date for the deposit on the Breeze the one for those who have did the $25.00 deposit?

Heidi, the answer is yes that is when my deposit of $275.00pp is due and the final is in November. This is Flick (Noah) calling all cupids to please get on the ark as quickly as possible...it is raining cats, dogs and elephants here AGAIN!!!!

Heidi, the answer is yes that is when my deposit of $275.00pp is due and the final is in November. This is Flick (Noah) calling all cupids to please get on the ark as quickly as possible...it is raining cats, dogs and elephants here AGAIN!!!!

That's what I thought. We wanted to choose our cabin right away so we put the full deposit down when we booked. We wanted to have side by side balconies with Sue and Dave so that we could open the balcony partition. we did that on the last cruise and loved it.

Oh for cryin' out loud....it's raining again. This is Noah..can I just swat these two mosquitoes??? Dave, we have had almost 20" of rain in the last two and a half weeks!!

Edited by Flick

I have a $500 dep due and I pd the full dep when we originslly booked cause we wanted to pick the room then. So do I still have a dep due?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Isn't the entire deposit $300.00 per person with $25.00 down last year? It would seem to me that you owe another $100.00.

I just checked my invoice and we originally paid a deposit of $300.00 per person and our final payment is due Nov. 2nd.

The way I understood it at the time of booking. If you wanted to choose your cabin you had to pay the $300.00 per person deposit then final payment was due in Nov. If you wanted to only put down the $25.00 per person deposit then you wouldn't be able to choose your cabin at that time. The rest of the deposit of $275.00 per person would be due sometime in Aug, 2013 and that you could choose a cabin at that time. Final payment for everyone would be Nov. 2nd, 2013.

For those waiting for SWA flights, their website is saying flights through March 14 will be available on July 22.

Heidi, sorry about Dave's aunt. What a weird way to find out!

Rick, I wish you could bottle up that rain and send it to me next April or May!!

Good morning everyone I finally caught up on the reading wow .... as far as the itinerary changes for the 6 day I have no idea why they did it, I thought it was for my July cruise when I saw the big Itinerary change email so what a relief when I saw it was for February, I am so looking forward to going to half moon caye with my first cabana in Juy

the changes it made was from Grand turk Nassau and ocho rios to Cozumel grand cayman and montego Bay .I am a little disappointed but I am fine with it, at least I will not be doing grand turk two weeks in a row, and also in two weeks .

I booked the Hampton Inn Miami downtown/Brickell , does anyone know if that's a good place or not.

thanks

Gail

Good Morning!

Here's a link to a thread someone posted on the Carnival board about transportation from FLL airport to/port of Miami. This might be helpful to those of us who might be flying in/out of FLL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1879605

There's a good chance we will be doing this. A lot of people are recommending SAS for the transportation. It's only $15.00 per person.

We did get a couple of calls from Dave's cousin's about his aunt. One of them left a message on our answering machine Friday and then called back again on Sunday just to make sure we got the message. Like I said before, thye were probably just waiting until arrangements were made before calling people. Otherwise they'd have to call twice.

Not much is going on today. Dave will be home later from his canoe trip. If he gets home early enough he might go to his aunts wake but I have to work tonight. He took tomorrow off for the funeral though so we are both going to that. The weather has been great but it's going to get hotter today.

Have a good day.

Edited by HeidiHo

We used them this past January to get to FLL and they were prompt and efficient. We called after we cleared customs and waited about 10 mins. They have vans that are clearly marked and with all the confusion in the area, didn't have a problem finding them. They stopped right where they told us to wait. Well worth the price. We paid cash. If you use a card there will be a small fee added. Will use them again if we fly in or out of FLL.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

For those waiting for SWA flights, their website is saying flights through March 14 will be available on July 22.

I put a post it note right on the cover of my lap top as a reminder to check right away on the 22nd.

Here's a link to the SAS site.

http://www.ridesas.com/html/rates.html

Edited by HeidiHo

Welcome Ryan and Greg.

I see you are also from OKC.

I sent a request to your facebook page.

Flick - We're getting the rain tonight and tomorrow ... We need it! :D

And YES the rain today has been wonderful!!!

Good Morning All!

If anyone is paying for their cruise using a Mastercard, this might be of interest to you. I found a thread on CC referring to a Mastercard promo for a $50 OBC. Carnival/Mastercard did a similar one last fall and I applied for it and did receive a $50 OBC for our cruise this past January.

The thread is titled "New Promotions" and here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873345&highlight=mastercard

Toward the bottom of the 1st page someone refers you to this website:

Carnival.com/mastercardgold

I filled out the form and received a confirmation page thanking me and referring to the $50 OBC. Like everyone else, I only received this confirmation page and no email that I received it. Didn't get an email the last time either, though. I did print out the page and also saved it as a pdf file just in case. I plan on taking it with me to show. It's worth a shot for a $50 OBC since I doesn't cost anything to apply. Later on in the thread I did see a deadline of 7/19/13 to apply.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna

Well, we finished up the haying yesterday. The pivot arrived, but was missing some parts. Found out they had been shipped separately but never arrived. He shipped them again & should be here in a couple days. It has been one delay after another, trying to get this dang pivot up and running!!

I don't have a MasterCard, but thanks for the info, Donna, hope it works for you again.

Howdy Cupids,

Rick, keep sending the rain. We have received about 2 inches but can use a lot more.

Sue, you and Dave work to hard. It's time for a trip to Disneyland.:D

The past two days have been quite long for me. Yesterday started at 4:30am. Bettie had Cataract at 6 am and then I worked until 12:30 am. This morning I was up at 6:30. Bettie had an 8am appointment. No more for 3 weeks. Time to rest.

Dave